Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the Mythos Vader is nice, but I knew at 1/5 scale I would only end up selling it. I passed on it altogether.

Last edited:
I'm the opposite, I bought the Mythos because the PF wasn't quite what I'd hoped for. I prefer the mythos despite the slightly smaller scale.

I'm the opposite, I bought the Mythos because the PF wasn't quite what I'd hoped for. I prefer the mythos despite the slightly smaller scale.

If the paint on my mythos version were better I probably would have kept it, but being out of scale with all my 1/4 pieces would have bugged me. Not sure I am getting this piece either though. I was kind of hoping for a good 1/2 to go with my 1/1 bust, but that does not look like it doing to happen.

If the paint on my mythos version were better I probably would have kept it, but being out of scale with all my 1/4 pieces would have bugged me. Not sure I am getting this piece either though. I was kind of hoping for a good 1/2 to go with my 1/1 bust, but that does not look like it doing to happen.

The LSF is still being worked on as far as we know.

The LSF is still being worked on as far as we know.

I hope so.

These were posted a looooong time ago:

tn_5.jpg

tn_4.jpg

After being underwhelmed with the Kylo PF (mostly due to its price), I am getting more excited for the Vader PF. Even with all the great Star Wars PFs that have been released, I think this really has the potential to stand out in a collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After being underwhelmed with the Kylo PF (mostly due to its price), I am getting more excited for the Vader PF. Even with all the great Star Wars PFs that have been released, I think this really has the potential to stand out in a collection.

My thoughts exactly. While I plan to get both , I think this will be THE Vader to own for now.

What don't you guys like about this Vader? I think the pose could be a little more menacing and the likely to be plastic helmet is a bit disappointing. I love the base, though (as I do with the Boba Fett PF), and the tailoring and materials look top notch. I don't know how much I will use the light up features but I'm sure it will looking stuffing with them on.

What don't you guys like about this Vader? I think the pose could be a little more menacing and the likely to be plastic helmet is a bit disappointing. I love the base, though (as I do with the Boba Fett PF), and the tailoring and materials look top notch. I don't know how much I will use the light up features but I'm sure it will looking stuffing with them on.

I hate the base. Looks so cheap and boring. That's what's mainly stopping me picking this up. The pose could also be a bit better, it's a bit awkward.

One day someone will make a perfect Vader. Until then the wait continues.

Sideshow isn't as creative with their bases and poses. They take chances every now and then, like with Spider-Man. Captain Marvel also looks good. But they can definitely push for more dynamic ones. Museum and one-leg ups aren't doing it for me that much anymore, unless it fits for the character.

Sometimes it just seems that there isn't much thought put into the base. It's there because it's expected to be. I like to see more relation to the character in the base or have it be taken from a specific scene. This one could have been partially saved by some lighting elements, at the least.

The base on the recently revealed McQuarrie Vader is much nicer than this one imo. Just bare in mind however that this one is being altered, no idea if it will change aesthetically when not lit up, but it's something to consider. I thought the concept art for this PF was really nice! The actual item received a few tweaks. I purchased the Mythos Vader instead and love it.

Back