Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah.. Not really fair and a somewhat dishonest depiction... There are plenty of examples to make the point of Production vs piece we actually get... But this is a bit extreme due to the quality between the two pics.. lets compare the pics that centurion used to another in hand shot that was done better with much better lighting.

attachment.php

12669f57ecf0b53bf1c23edf7e6e3bac.jpg

Now I am not saying there are no differences but not as jarring as originally depicted.

Keep an eye out in July when I get my City Hunter Maquette customized, what I am getting done on the P2 statue

1 - Bio mask shape changed to sort out the egg shape which is a problem for me with the bio head, to what we see in the film

2 - Unmasked head repainted with quills

3 - The statue's paint given a more skinned tone so it has that fleshy tone we see in the film

4 - The spear changed to see how it is done in the movie

5 - the 2 blades changed from plastic to metal

If he gets all these requests done to the standard I hope, what a statue it could be

Not sure where you got that pic on the right but the brows on most look considerably ****tier than that. Looks like the one on the left in fact ;p

The piece on the right is the "final" production piece SSC put on their site... The pic on the left was someone's low rez phone pic... Centurion was comparing the two photos.. I felt it was not a very honest comparison because one pic was a pro shot with good lighting etc... the other was a camera phone... So then I posted a pic of someone else to compare the three.... As you can see in my repost below... the bottom one looks much closer to the one on the right... Amazing what a better photograph can do.

attachment.php

The piece on the right is the "final" production piece SSC put on their site... The pic on the left was someone's low rez phone pic... Centurion was comparing the two photos.. I felt it was not a very honest comparison because one pic was a pro shot with good lighting etc... the other was a camera phone... So then I posted a pic of someone else to compare the three.... As you can see in my repost below... the bottom one looks much closer to the one on the right... Amazing what a better photograph can do.

attachment.php

"... the bottom one looks much closer to the one on the right..."

But not quite there. We seem to agree. What SS showed us as a "production" is not what was actually delivered.
That was my only point. Again, if you're happy with the final product you received, that's all that matters.

Now back to the original discussion, I'll gladly wait to see in-hand pics of the Vader PF before making conclusions.

Does anyone plan on fitting this in a Besta? If so, how? I am trying to design a Besta display, but I am having trouble figuring out how this piece would fit. You can always go doorless, but it seems like if you are dead set on having doors then there isn't really a great way to do it.

Does anyone plan on fitting this in a Besta? If so, how? I am trying to design a Besta display, but I am having trouble figuring out how this piece would fit. You can always go doorless, but it seems like if you are dead set on having doors then there isn't really a great way to do it.
As this one is gonna be 26" high, you would need to move your shelve to make him fit. Or go with custom doors...

I think he can fit in one without any issues with a door, like Drum18 said, you just have to adjust the shelf down a bit like for the Batman and Superman PF so you'll need at least a 2x1 unit, and the doors w/ borders can probably hide the shift if needed.

As this one is gonna be 26" high, you would need to move your shelve to make him fit. Or go with custom doors...

I think he can fit in one without any issues with a door, like Drum18 said, you just have to adjust the shelf down a bit like for the Batman and Superman PF so you'll need at least a 2x1 unit, and the doors w/ borders can probably hide the shift if needed.

Thanks to both of you. I think that is the plan right now, shift the bottom shelf down a tad. I agree that doors with borders should hide the shift, although unfortunately I think the base of the statue will then be more difficult to see. No perfect way to do it though, and this is probably better than shifting the top shelf up and obstructing the view of the top of the statue.

Thanks to both of you. I think that is the plan right now, shift the bottom shelf down a tad. I agree that doors with borders should hide the shift, although unfortunately I think the base of the statue will then be more difficult to see. No perfect way to do it though, and this is probably better than shifting the top shelf up and obstructing the view of the top of the statue.

It's not exactly the same, as I have TOMBOs set up for my Bats and Supes statues, but the borders definitely hide the shift in the other shelves. It shouldn't block out the base too much, and if you look into it from a high angle, you can still see it.

Initially wasnt too into this one, but watched the video a couple of times and then realized he is pretty awesome and put my pre order in. Cant wait to add him to my Vader focus collection!

Initially wasnt too into this one, but watched the video a couple of times and then realized he is pretty awesome and put my pre order in. Cant wait to add him to my Vader focus collection!

It does look sweet! I'm still undecided on it at this point though.

Hmmm... Sub 50 (even 25) posters back to back praising a PF that isn't sold out and has the majority of the SSF community debating on its various qualities...

Is there some tomfoolery is going down in the land Oz all of the sudden?

answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Hmmm... Sub 50 (even 25) posters back to back praising a PF that isn't sold out and has the majority of the SSF community debating on its various qualities...

answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

I think the confirmation of the light up features plus generally positive reviews of the Boba Fett PF have probably converted some naysayers.

I think the confirmation of the light up features plus generally positive reviews of the Boba Fett PF have probably converted some naysayers.

Confirmation of the light up features is definitely what got me off the fence. I was reasonably confident that they would light up the chest and belt, but I was honestly a bit stunned to learn that they are going the extra mile to light the base as well. When they revealed the statue my first thought was how awesome those stairs would be if they were lit instead of painted. But that was pie-in-the-sky and I honestly did not expect them to do it all...

Really looking forward to seeing updated shots with the light up features and any other tweaks they may have made.

Now my biggest hope is that the whole thing is powered from the base so I can convert it for external power.

answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Lol...Statue looks great to me.

Not me, but there's really only many times I should say "dumb pose". I think most naysayers just said their piece and moved on ;p Some may have been converted but I wouldn't really take naysayer silence at this point as people all of a sudden love this :|

Back