Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know for real :| Really the only thing is the left food would have to be a more to the left (Vader isn't very feminine) :p

From this angle in the photo, he actually looks feminine. Like a ballet step...

vader.jpg

From this angle in the photo, he actually looks feminine. Like a ballet step...
Tjats why I cant order this piece. Since day one I couldnt understand why his leg was open and out like that. Guys dont do that...its like asking to get force punched in the crotch

wants to show of his thunder thighs :p

also my comment on the left foot was about the bard pose

more than his left foot needs to move on the current pf :p

We're pretty much on the same page. It's a very awkward position to have his legs like that... and unappealing to me.

Yeah, honestly the more I look at it the less I like it. I never thought I wouldn't be getting this new Vader, I mean it's Vader but man is that just a really bad pose :|

That really is an awful pose for such an otherwise imposing character. That stance combined with the fact that the chest/belt boxes don't light up make this an easy pass for me. I have the first PF and while it isn't perfect by any means it's still better than this.

That really is an awful pose for such an otherwise imposing character. That stance combined with the fact that the chest/belt boxes don't light up make this an easy pass for me. I have the first PF and while it isn't perfect by any means it's still better than this.

Man, I couldn't disagree more. I thought the first PF was awful. They couldn't have chosen a more boring museum pose for Vader. On top of that the mixed media looks like it was made of cardboard. It doesn't even drape properly. Also, something is off with the likeness. I'm not sure what it is but it just looks like a doll to me.

I think the new PF has significantly more presence than the old one.

Here's an image of both prototypes for comparison.

vader comp.jpg

Man, I couldn't disagree more. I thought the first PF was awful. They couldn't have chosen a more boring museum pose for Vader. On top of that the mixed media looks like it was made of cardboard. It doesn't even drape properly. Also, something is off with the likeness. I'm not sure what it is but it just looks like a doll to me.

I think the new PF has significantly more presence than the old one.

Here's an image of both prototypes for comparison.

View attachment 196415

Old Vader pose isn't great, but it was made to face off with the Obi-Wan in which case it goes quite well. And using a picture of the literal only good angle for the new PF is hardly fair as it isn't a 2d painting, it should be good from all angles :|

Old Vader pose isn't great, but it was made to face off with the Obi-Wan in which case it goes quite well. And using a picture of the literal only good angle for the new PF is hardly fair as it isn't a 2d painting, it should be good from all angles :|

Oh man. Lol. Do you have your statues rotating on a turntable at home? Every single statue will have good and bad angles. Place them whichever way you want. I'm sure Michelangelo's Pieta has some unfavorable angles as well.

In my opinion the statue is fine from all angles, but maybe I'm not as ****. Still, that is a pretty weak argument dude.

I really like this angle as well:vader (2).jpg

Even if not on a turntable I commonly see 90-180 of it ;p

And I don't like that angle either. Honestly though only half decent one for me is the original one you showed which is basically an illusion to make it look like he's stepping down instead of just putting his leg up and his thigh out for no good reason ;p

And no my statues don't have bad angles o_0? I mean they have some better ones, but I enjoy seeing all of them, including the back which is why I don't like to just place them against the wall so you can go around and see everything ;p

Even if not on a turntable I commonly see 90-180 of it ;p

And I don't like that angle either. Honestly though only half decent one for me is the original one you showed which is basically an illusion to make it look like he's stepping down instead of just putting his leg up and his thigh out for no good reason ;p

And no my statues don't have bad angles o_0? I mean they have some better ones, but I enjoy seeing all of them, including the back which is why I don't like to just place them against the wall so you can go around and see everything ;p

You've inspired me to display some of my collection differently:

bat4.jpg
droids12.jpg
vader3a.jpg

Haha. Just kidding though. I'm not trying to be an a-hole. Having fun! :)

I actually love the back on some of my pieces, so much detail that would normally be hidden ;p

Not on bats cape though :p

Vader though, I think has a vary vary narrow viewing range tbh, and even then it's really just a trick that he looks good and is walking down the stares at the small angle range cause he actually isn't ;p That's what he should have been doing :|

The back-view from the Droids reminded me of the famous scene where they are heading to Jabbas Palace. Not bad :)

I actually love the back on some of my pieces, so much detail that would normally be hidden ;p

Not on bats cape though :p

Vader though, I think has a vary vary narrow viewing range tbh, and even then it's really just a trick that he looks good and is walking down the stares at the small angle range cause he actually isn't ;p That's what he should have been doing :|

doa2, I don't know if you're pulling my leg or what. Lol. ;) What does that even mean? Are you saying you were tricked into thinking that it looks good at a particular angle? ;)

If he isn't walking down the stairs, which he appears to be doing to me, what is he doing? Even still, it's a statue. Movement is implied.

If you ever had any of the scantily clad female characters posed from the back and you'd get tons of positive reps from people here. ;)

I turn my statues to different angles occasionally to change up the display. Keeps it interesting to look at. I've thought about adding mirrors to see the backs of the pieces.

If you ever had any of the scantily clad female characters posed from the back and you'd get tons of positive reps from people here. ;)

Haha, yeah probably. Well I only have two females, and I don't even think they'd be considered scantily clad, but here it goes. :)

ivy 8a.jpg
wonderwoman10.jpg

doa2, I don't know if you're pulling my leg or what. Lol. ;) What does that even mean? Are you saying you were tricked into thinking that it looks good at a particular angle? ;)

If he isn't walking down the stairs, which he appears to be doing to me, what is he doing? Even still, it's a statue. Movement is implied.

I'm not really sure what he's doing, because it's basically impossible to walk down the stairs like that :p It looks like he just put his leg up on a stair and is showing it off :| But in the image you posted yes because of the angle it is basically a visual illusion that he is walking down the stairs ;p

Back