Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one that thinks Darth Maul was a way cooler bad guy than vader and that suffered from being in the less appealing trilogy.

Of course I did that and yeah notice the big difference but was looking for a complete guide...

There's a number of differences between the 4 movies with Darth Vader. ESB and ROTJ are very similar to each other, with some miner changes. ANH and ROTS being the most different.. Off the top of my head:

Helmet: ANH: Widows Peak on the dome. ESB: Loss of widows Peak. ROTJ Loss of widows peak, dome mounted a little higher, details slightly softer than ESB. ROTS: No Widows Peak.
ANH/ESB/ROTJ The Black and Gunmetal 'checkerboard pattern' on the Facemask. ROTS: Solid Glossy black.
ANH: Dome is slightly Matte. ESB/ROTJ/ROTS: Glossy dome.
ANH: Tusks, one black, one silver. ESB/ROTJ/ROTS Both tusks silver.
ROTS: Neck longer, and slides UNDER shoulder armor.
Shoulder Armor: ANH: SLightly Matte. ESB/ROTJ/ROTS: Glossy
Shoulder Bells: ANH/ESB: Silver/back. ROTJ: Black. ROTS: Differing shape entirely. All silver. Designed to puff out haydens shoulders to make him look more bulky.
Chest Box: Each Movie has differences. ESB and ROTJ are close to each other, but some details are changed. ROTS has no chest box straps. ANH box is slightly bigger than ESB/ROTJ.
Gloves: ANH: Horizontal Ribbing. ESB/ROTJ Vertical ribbing. ROTS is more angled.
BodySuit. Similar in all movies slight differences in Construction.
Cape: Similar in all movies. ANH: Cape chain outside of helmet, held in place directly on neck of Facemask. ESB: Chain UNDER facemask neck. ROTJ: Capechain held on hook on Chest Armor. ROTS: Cape held on place directly to shoulder armor, cape chain longer.
Inner Robe: ANH: OVER shoulder armor. ESB/ROTJ/ROTS Under shoulder armor.
Lighsaber: Each movie has differences. Look 'em up.
Belt: Some differences. ESB and ROTJ close to each other. ANH, and ROTS visually different.
Shin Armor: One slightly bigger than the other. Each movie slightly different, though ESB and ROTJ loses some detail, becoming softer due to recasting. Unsure on ROTS.

Note: There are more differences, and if I felt like it, I could provide more details on some of the differences. Suffice to say, each movie Vader IS different.

Maybe he was "cool" but he hardly even qualified as a character. He had like 3 lines.

Since when was there a quantity of lines necessary to be qualified as a character in a movie? Just asking. :)

All I know is I'm excited for 2015. Battlefront 3, and new marvel starwars comics!

I am extremely disappointed Dark Horse no longer has Star Wars so I can't say I'm happy about the comics but I am certainly pumped for the new movies. And I've been waiting 8 freaking years for Battlefront 3. You don't even know excitement!

I am extremely disappointed Dark Horse no longer has Star Wars so I can't say I'm happy about the comics but I am certainly pumped for the new movies. And I've been waiting 8 freaking years for Battlefront 3. You don't even know excitement!

Me too! I miss speed bike riding, shooting people, and running from who ever spawned as a Jedi... Good times. Never could get away hahaha

It looks more like a mirror image of the 1/6 scale than the Vanderstelt art to me :lol

100076-darth-vader-deluxe-001.jpg

Back