Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks weird to me for some reason.. can't quite put my finger on it but just isn't wowing me like I hoped it would.. Ill make a full decision on full reveal I guess.:dunno

I find your lack of faith disturbing :lol :lol

Haha yeah but I just don't understand why they went with this pose. Vader was trapped inside a cumbersome suit which he despised and that caused him constant pain.
I know it's been said before but why can't they just give him a pose similar to the attakus? Give him a flashy base by all means but give it a bloody rest with the lightsaber!

Haha yeah but I just don't understand why they went with this pose. Vader was trapped inside a cumbersome suit which he despised and that caused him constant pain.
I know it's been said before but why can't they just give him a pose similar to the attakus? Give him a flashy base by all means but give it a bloody rest with the lightsaber!

I must admit I prefer the lack of a light sabre when it comes to Vader or Luke now, it's done too much..., with this premium format I'll not be having the red rod thingy in the light sabre, so unlit because it'll take up far too much space as the arm is extended outwards (to the side).

Wow, that's...disappointingly underwhelming.

Seriously, who is art directing Sideshow's statues these days? Hell, is anyone? :gah:

More money saved, I guess...

my words.. I have having those red green and blue resin sticks hanging around.. I hope for switch out hand.. Vader is to me anyway with his saber unlit...

While I don't want to read too much into it until we get better pictures next week. I think I realised the thing that is throwing it off a bit for me (other than the arms) He seems to have been twisted around a lot more from the concept. Going on the concept, I had imagined Vader walking down with a lit up stair case almost directly behind and in my head it was epic! I know it's wrong to assume and I'd built it up far to much in my own mind so can't judge it on that expectation. But it seems on the real thing he is standing almost 90 degrees sideways on the stairs rather than walking directly down them, so if you pose him face on as we probably all would, you'll likely lose all of the stair details. That and it has lost a step of course. Maybe that won't be the case so much once all is revealed clearly, it just seems that way going on what little we've seen. If that is so however, maybe he could be twisted slightly and the arms could be tucked in a bit to give him a more relaxed look also if it isn't too far along into production already. I ordered Boba expecting to order this also.

Settle down kids.. Lets wait for more pics next week. Hold your judgement [emoji16]

Instagram: SoySith

there is NO WAY they will change a thing on this ...

No way they'd change anything at this stage, and it's not like they change anything ever anyways :|

I'm still interested but yes a few small tweaks and this could be miles better.

I do like it much better then the Mythos though. I know a lot of people loved it but what bothered me was the hand gripping onto his cape and the godawful lava light effect they had their fetish with.

while i still dont like the arm position (does he has razor blades in the arm pit? ) . ...I will wait for tuesday to see the whole thing in their full reveal

His pose reminds me of this. (Don't ask.)

SW_SSC_PF_DarthVader2__Z_Meu4_zpskkjni6ld.jpg

I personally love the pose. I have no issue with it whatsoever. I think Sideshow will never please everyone because Darth Vader is such a beloved character, and everyone idealizes him in their own mind.

My favorite aspect about the pose is that it suggests movement. My biggest critique with the original Vader PF is that he looks like a stiff doll. I think they were able to achieve a dynamic design with the pose and convey the difficulty Vader has in moving with his suit.

Back