Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can they do such a masterful update to Fett and then screw the pooch with this???

I'm stunned and annoyed.

my thoughts exactly. I had very high hopes after the new fett.

I forgot I have to learn to expect less from Sideshow these days...

No it's just speculation, but with HT making a Boba to match the SS Boba, there's every possibility they'll do a Vader as well.

No it's not just speculation. They are making him. I have zero info on release time, but he is in the works.

I don't think he looks horrible, kind of reminds me of his first scene in Jedi when he's coming down the shuttle ramp.

But I'm not blown away either so I'll just wait for 1/4 Vader from Hot Toys.

Oh man.... "Doll"..... They aren't play toys.

What's cool about their 1/4 line is they could be posed and left like statues and probably blend right in with existing premium formats. I already ordered Boba early on from SS and don't want to lose my deposit money, so I am opting out of the HT one. If Vader has an NRD then you know it's because HT is going to be offering one and want to make some $$ off the dropouts after they announce theirs.

The Fett PF has an articulated head, maybe this Vader will too, so you can have him looking down or to the side

It looks great!
This is, of course, the Vader from the Star Wars musical... Right? I mean, Vader is singing his lines so this looks to be accurate.

Uh oh! Wait a minute....

Maybe he comes with sound..l
imagej0sw8.jpg

Guess they had to go with the arms like this because of the mixed media in the armpit section.

His arms didn't seem that separate from his body on the concept art we had seen.

attachment.php

a5e3y8e4.jpg

SW_SSC_PF_DarthVader2__Z_Meu_zps9pitnivd.jpg

SW_SSC_PF_DarthVader2__Z_Meu2_zpsoc2km4tb.jpg

I think the angle of his pose appears to have been changed, it looks pretty similar to the artwork but I agree, they do seem to have stuck his arms out more than needed.

People (like myself) don't like the "I'm Jacked" look pose of his arms... Very unnatural and not Vader like at all. It looks more like the Superman Pf pose then a Vader pose... I have no issue with the stairs (though it is getting a bit boring) but the arms (the left to be exact) looks silly in many of our opinions.

Hopefully the promotional pictures will help to better judge/gage the statue, the angle does appear to be different from the artwork but I agree the arms seem to be have extended out more than in the concept art..., maybe to try & give him more presence? Not something I'm fond of when shelf space is an issue but currently I'm liking the over all look of the statue.

I think it would look nicer if the head was looking down towards the right (his left) in line with the bottom foot, looking at the concept art.

It could well be that the head/helmet is articulated as it was pointed out the new Boba Fett premium format has an articulated head/helmet so it might be something they are doing now with their premium format line (maybe)?

I think his head will be articulated, yes, so that the pose will look more like on the artwork and maybe it all will make more sense.

I agree the arms seem to be have extended out more than in the concept art..., maybe to try & give him more presence?

That's the thing, they managed the opposite, as he doesn't have more presence imo - I think he looks more like a braggart than simply majestic or imposing.

Back