Darth Vader Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That doesn't make it less insane ;)

Very true, but I would much rather pay $8k for Vader than $7k for HIC. I'm building my own 1:1 Vader which will be more accurate than Sideshow's, but I'll have probably close to what they're charging in mine when it's all said and done. In hindsight, I probably could have sacrificed some accuracy and saved myself a lot of time and effort if I'd just waited for theirs. Oh well.......

Finally they released it! I inquire the gigantic Darth model but to my surprise that thing was so expensive!! I love this model but can't figure out how to fit my budget. Still looking forward to buy one.

I feel Vader looks much better than Fett! I feel that there's something slightly off with Fett. I know the guys over at TDH made the prototype but even that was spot on.

Glad I'm not into either Vader or Fett, the prices are crazy and not that accurate as it seems. Personally I will be waiting for the eFX Stormtrooper armor, and if that is not something I like, I'll go the RS Prop Masters route - those guys rock and their armor and helmet is fantastic.

I feel Vader looks much better than Fett! I feel that there's something slightly off with Fett. I know the guys over at TDH made the prototype but even that was spot on.

See, I find it to be just the opposite. I think the SS Fett looks way more accurate than Vader and to me looks on par with a lot of the custom builds at TDH. Vader, as many have mentioned here, looks way too big and bulky. I know he was a little bit bigger in ROTJ, but definitely not "THAT" big.

Re: Life size darth vader figure

DSC05358.jpg

It's just his overly developed pecs. They should really fix that inner robe.

Actually if you look carefully in Jedi in some scenes you can clearly see the pecs, but since this is a mannequin, the pecs are a solid form, plus the suit is quite fitted on this, not as much slack as it would be on an actual person with movement ...usually there's some slack esp in the abdomen and at the joints....

Vaders been hitting the gym.
The old man knows that to really rule the galaxy with an iron fist, you got to move the iron to keep in shape.

Don't hate.

I don't think pecs would be an issue in this case. David Prowse was also a competitive weightlifter.

Looks like a life size version of the 1990s Kenner action figure... Back when every character looked all roided out.
image.jpg

Yeah, it looks just like that. :rolleyes:

Come on, man. It's a little bulky, but let's not get carried away here.

:lol sorry, thought it was ridiculous enough to be clear. Joking aside, this thing's gonna be really impressive.

I don't think pecs would be an issue in this case. David Prowse was also a competitive weightlifter.

I seem to recall that eFX used Prowse' dimensions when creating this. Still, that latest pic is awefully ripped. Any officer who f's up is getting busted in half.

Just got the email that my pre-order for Vader was cancelled due to to quality issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back