Darth Vader Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must admit, this does seem to be suffering from the same problem as the Sideshow 1:6 scale Vader - namely, the helmet looks too small because the body is too big. If their helmet has been cast from an original, it's going to be the correct size which can only mean that the body is too big. The SDCC pics looked fantastic and correctly proportioned. These new pics do make it look like the body has been overly bulked up but hopefully it's just the pics. Fingers crossed that when it's displayed at SDCC this year, it will look much better.

Last edited:
I am beginning to think sideshow has a need or a rule to place their unique stamp on what would otherwise be a practically screen accurate piece...whether this or another property...unique I get, but how about something less....inaccurate, less obvious, like oh I don't know, a shorter tunic that's an inch off, or a glove with one less stripe or something that doesn't change or alter darth vader's very signature silhouette of all things.

I thought it looked too bulky in the pics at the con last year. Not sure how it's changed in that regard.

I was at comic con '12 when unveiled...it was fine then. As of late last year or early this year when studio teasers started circulating, The shoulders became wider than the armor set...looks like they buffed his shoulders/ upper arms out too much.even in the pose with his hands on his belt, the shoulder armor should be flush against the chest armor but it's not.

Re: Life size darth vader figure

Here he is from 2012.

More pics from averone.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

DSC05359.jpg

DSC05358.jpg

:lecture You can see his pecs muscles bulging through his suit. :rotfl

Which is fine...even Gino's I vader has pec muscles that show, but his shoulders look fine...sideshow's silhouette has 80's shoulder pads underneath or something....

Going to critique it, because the $8K price tag warrants it.

Something about it isn't quite right. It may be over-bulked a bit. Is the helmet removable? Two piece, or is the dome secured to the facemask?

Before, it looked very Gino-like, but something has been lost in translation. I suspect the final piece will degenerate further still from the prototype.

Agreed - thinking it will be prudent to wait on in-hand pix before ordering.

"Nobody puts vader in the corner."

I put a rubies vader in the corner. At the landing going up the stairs where they took a turn.
Short vader was only about 6' tall but got him for a good price off of craig's list and I already had the mannequin.
I sold him to someone who said to watch out for his new web site:
www.weddingsbyvader.com

Last edited:
Meh. Pass.

I already have one. Mind you, it's not on display, I wear it.

Back