Darth Vader Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Life size darth vader figure

I was happy that I didn't need to worry about so many vader things at sdcc, but when I got to the convention n saw bryan n gino at efx, the subject of a lifesize vader came up! I wanted to strangle ss for giving me yet another piece I have to provide a routing number for!!

Hell yeah, I'll be getting rid of everything Vader I have to own this, including the EFx ANH Helmet. This is be the only Vader piece I need in my collection. Might be the ONLY collectable I need, actually

you might be on to something there.

I'm going to have to relook at my focus.

maybe give up 1:1 busts and just keep to 1:1 statues.

This will actually be interesting, in some ways.

I expect the price to come in at between $6000 and $8000.

I also expect that the outfit on the 'figure' will be bolted together, making it difficult to remove. Mainly for two reasons:

1: To prevent recasting. It's a problem in the Vader community due to the lack of high end Vader pieces. Though there are more out there, it isn't enough for demand.

2: To prevent people from being able to WEAR the outfit personally. A different company has the costume license, and if this could be worn (by someone with appropriate height and build) it would be infringing on another license.

Fortunately, I do not need this, as I already have a life-size Vader.. I just happen to wear it.

This will actually be interesting, in some ways.

I expect the price to come in at between $6000 and $8000.

I also expect that the outfit on the 'figure' will be bolted together, making it difficult to remove. Mainly for two reasons:

1: To prevent recasting. It's a problem in the Vader community due to the lack of high end Vader pieces. Though there are more out there, it isn't enough for demand.

2: To prevent people from being able to WEAR the outfit personally. A different company has the costume license, and if this could be worn (by someone with appropriate height and build) it would be infringing on another license.

Fortunately, I do not need this, as I already have a life-size Vader.. I just happen to wear it.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

This will be the case 100%

there isn't anything out there that can top a TM Vader helmet anyways. That on a display like this would cause the real Vader nuts to S#&^ themselves.

I might sell off quite a bit to pay for this bad boy :drool

let me know if you sell your IM LSF mang! :1-1:

Hell yeah, I'll be getting rid of everything Vader I have to own this, including the EFx ANH Helmet. This is be the only Vader piece I need in my collection. Might be the ONLY collectable I need, actually

I just can't get into full 1:1 again, just don't like them as much as I thought I would.

For me, I really am not interested in anything other than 1:1 stuff anymore. Nothing tops a life-size replica for sheer wow factor IMHO.

For me, I really am not interested in anything other than 1:1 stuff anymore. Nothing tops a life-size replica for sheer wow factor IMHO.

There is that. I have a number of 1:1 replicas. Alas, however, they take up a lot of space, especially if they are 1:1 statues. Which is why I also collect the sideshow 1:6 scale figures.

And that's what where I am. I have 1 detolf full of SW 1/6th figures and another with just helmets but would get rid of all that to help fund this Vader, if they price him at what I think is a reasonable price. Him and my custom built 1:1 ROTJ Fett will be the only 2 SW items I'll ever need in my house.

And that's what where I am. I have 1 detolf full of SW 1/6th figures and another with just helmets but would get rid of all that to help fund this Vader, if they price him at what I think is a reasonable price. Him and my custom built 1:1 ROTJ Fett will be the only 2 SW items I'll ever need in my house.

I keep thinking about putting my two costumes (Darth Vader, and Arc Captain) on manikins, but the effort to continually take them off and on would be frustrating after a while when I wanted to wear them.

I keep thinking about putting my two costumes (Darth Vader, and Arc Captain) on manikins, but the effort to continually take them off and on would be frustrating after a while when I wanted to wear them.

I hear that but sometimes, I wonder if I should've just given the mannequins measurements to the guys who helped build my stuff over at the TDH boards:lol

Out of curiosity though, what did it cost to build your Vader, ballpark wise? I actually have an extra mannequin I used to use for my Fett but it was too tall so I got a second one that was more my size which makes the older one perfect to use for a Vader if if we're to go the 501st route.

I hear that but sometimes, I wonder if I should've just given the mannequins measurements to the guys who helped build my stuff over at the TDH boards:lol

Out of curiosity though, what did it cost to build your Vader, ballpark wise? I actually have an extra mannequin I used to use for my Fett but it was too tall so I got a second one that was more my size which makes the older one perfect to use for a Vader if if we're to go the 501st route.

Over the past few years, I've sunk about six grand into the costume. Probably more. But that includes replacement parts, re-painting, etc etc.

Right now I need to strip, and re-paint the chestbox, do some minor repairs on the facemask, replace the gloves and the bodysuit...

Wearing it takes a lot out of the costume. But it's worth it.

Over the past few years, I've sunk about six grand into the costume. Probably more. But that includes replacement parts, re-painting, etc etc.

Right now I need to strip, and re-paint the chestbox, do some minor repairs on the facemask, replace the gloves and the bodysuit...

Wearing it takes a lot out of the costume. But it's worth it.

Pretty much what I figured. The magic # I had in mine for this was around that price anyway. I'm highly anticipating the price SS gives there's. That will be the deciding factor for me.

Pretty much what I figured. The magic # I had in mine for this was around that price anyway. I'm highly anticipating the price SS gives there's. That will be the deciding factor for me.

I expect closer to 8 for the sideshow one. For one, it's Vader, and secondly, they'll need the money from it to ensure that it's made properly.

I expect closer to 8 for the sideshow one. For one, it's Vader, and secondly, they'll need the money from it to ensure that it's made properly.

Yeah, I threw out that price too in one of these threads but I am hoping to be surprised. One thing I know is, I won't go wrong whichever road I decide to take.

for those guys who saw it in person.

is Vader sculpted or is it cloth?

Back