Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I ordered this bust i kind of feel the need to get the rest. Number 1 on my list is Maul.

I'd bump him to last on the list, I don't think you're likely to find him for cheap, cheapest is probably still pricier than the Vader bust at retail.

Since I ordered this bust i kind of feel the need to get the rest. Number 1 on my list is Maul.

Good choice my friend :). The Maul bust was my first SS piece ever and it's the Grail of my collection. It's just amazing!!! If you eer find one, expect to pay a pretty penny but it's sooooo worth it ;)

Re: Darth Vader life-size Bust

Aren't these two statements a complete contradiction :confused:

Just being nice as many of the male species get their feelings hurt when someone has a different POV on something. Lots of discussions on here get out of hand when people shove their opinions down each others throat and I didn't want to offend those who are getting the bust as overall it's a nice piece. But I wanted to explain my pov on what I thought of it after seeing it up close and personal at SDCC.

And if you look at what I said, there is NO contradiction there, comparing price to what I feel I should get for spending that much on the ONE mentioned piece has nothing to do with all the other stuff SSC makes.

Last edited:

Yeah, the helmet part of the bust looks a bit toyish.

Really?!? Man, I woulda thought it was pretty spot on..... Although I'm thinking the interior helmet wires will probably look pretty fake and cheesy up close. But it still looks pretty cool.....

Either way, this statemet just makes me feel better about having the more screen accurate MR Vader helmet :eek:................ :lol

Just being nice as many of the male species get their feelings hurt when someone has a different POV on something. Lots of discussions on here get out of hand when people shove their opinions down each others throat and I didn't want to offend those who are getting the bust as overall it's a nice piece. But I wanted to explain my pov on what I thought of it after seeing it up close and personal at SDCC.

And if you look at what I said, there is NO contradiction there, comparing price to what I feel I should get for spending that much on the ONE mentioned piece has nothing to do with all the other stuff SSC makes.

Completely off topic, but I love your username. I'm a man of science myself.

For my own purposes, the price is far beyond what I care to own this piece.. He's looking off to the side, as if he doesn't really want to be the centerpiece. I would have liked the inclusion of shoulders and some more torso. The portrait isn't Shaw, but that's okay.. I never could see Shaw himself as the big bad Vader seen throughout the movies. It's an appropriate idealization.

Even if it reaches grail status, which is debatable (esp. if the ES is high enough), this is Darth Vader we're talking about.. he will be revisited over and over in many other forms. I think I'll be happier with the new PF. Of course, no one will top/match this bust anytime soon, so your investment will not be in vain.

So, ultimately, it boils down to the fact that there are several PFs and certain Dinosauria maquettes I'd rather have for that kind of cabbage. If the bust was a little more to my specifications, I would have gone for it even at that price.

If you look at what you said, there is contradiction.

No offense to SSC, I love alot of their stuff, but this one clearly falls short for the price tag.

First opinion, the bust falls short for what it costs.

That said, to those who get the life size bust, congrats, it is a great purchase indeed!

Second opinion, the bust is a great purchase.

I don't care what your take is on it either way, but those 2 statements conflict and I found it odd for someone to seem displeased with a product and unhappy with what is offered for what it costs and then tell people getting it that it's a wise purchase.

I'd bump him to last on the list, I don't think you're likely to find him for cheap, cheapest is probably still pricier than the Vader bust at retail.

I know he is going for crazy prices right now. I wish I would have bought him when he could have been had for $600. I guess the next two on my list are Palps and Yoda. I also need to save money for the efx TIEs since they are going to be releaseing 3 of them but who knows when those will actually be coming out. Im guessing that is $3000 at least plus Vader which is another $1000. In a couple years this will not be a problem when I get out of school. At least my stipend is going up since I finished my Masters and I really have no other bills so all my free money goes to my collection for the most part.

If you look at what you said, there is contradiction.

First opinion, the bust falls short for what it costs.

Second opinion, the bust is a great purchase.

I don't care what your take is on it either way, but those 2 statements conflict and I found it odd for someone to seem displeased with a product and unhappy with what is offered for what it costs and then tell people getting it that it's a wise purchase.

I'm not going to argue with you. I tried to explain my post. I know what my own intentions were when I wrote it and that's really all that matters.

Although I'm thinking the interior helmet wires will probably look pretty fake and cheesy up close. But it still looks pretty cool.....l

No not at all, real metal and wire - anything but cheesy. :vader

Indeed, the real wiring on the Grievous bust is one of the highlights of the piece, adds a great deal to the realism.

I'm sure as much as is possible on the Vader bust will be real metal pieces, but some things may not readily exist or easily be created and will have to be painted polystone.

Also, the units at SDCC were samples from the factory, not just prototypes, quite close to what we should be getting in hand.

Really?!? Man, I woulda thought it was pretty spot on..... Although I'm thinking the interior helmet wires will probably look pretty fake and cheesy up close. But it still looks pretty cool.....

Either way, this statemet just makes me feel better about having the more screen accurate MR Vader helmet :eek:................ :lol

Well, I was referring more on the scale, the dome and the top part of the face mask. I've been looking at it a lot lately and the bust just looks mispositioned. The big head on samll shoulders (when the mask and dome are on), the dome is again misshapen. And from what I can tell so far, the bust is not 1:1 scale, it's slightly smaller. And you can really tell that the scale is off with the Shaw portrait in place. I noticed this when I watched that SS sales guy give the presentation of it, and if you look at his head and the Vader Busts' head, his head is 1 size bigger than the Shaw portrait and about as big as with the mask and dome in place.

And then theres this other problem. Lets just take the Grievous Bust for example. It's like they do an overall great job on a particular piece and then they add an element (plastic ears) which somewhat ruins it! IMO I think it's hurting their products when they do this. Now I know they said the Vader Bust has fiber glass elements but I can't help but think that the dome and top mask are made of hard unpainted plastic.

I know all these are nitpicks but for something that cost this much I would think they would really step it up and make it feel more like "maquette/replica" style bust. The portrait does look nice but I think with a lot of sideshows products we're getting, whe're paying for the toy aspect of a piece rather than the artistic value. But I guess they don't call them Sideshow Toy for nothing, right?

I think the Vader bust looks great but at maquette prices, I'm not interested in paying that much for something that is innacurate. I'd honestly would rather have the Master Replicas helmet. But, all that said I might be intested in buying it if it's able to be found for eight or nine hundred bucks laterer on down the road. Then, it would be worth it.

Last edited:
I'm so sad I can't get this...
Vader is my favorite character... I'd love to get it, but I can't spend that much money in one collectible... I don't have it, and I don't have the space...
Maybe in the future... :monkey2

Oh, really???? Dang it! I was trying to convince myself that I didn't want this right now, so I can hold out :lol

all that said I might be intested in buying it if it's able to be found for eight or nine hundred bucks laterer on down the road. Then, it would be worth it.

I'm kind of in the same boat.... I freaked out and jumped all over the MR Vader SE back when it first came out. And I even waited a YEAR delay! Granted it's AMAZING, but it's sad to see that it didn't hold it's value.... And I hate to say it, but hardly any SW items really appreciate, let alone hold their value (with the exception of a few - Maul bust, Grievous PF ex)

I'm just hoping to pick it up one day..... Just can't justify spending $1200+ on one item right now as a student :banghead

Back