Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader life-size Bust

I think I would classify the expression as "conflicted" rather than "stern".

Interesting....I think he looks proud and haughty. Which is exactly how I would not expect him to look without the mask.

I would think he would look more remorseful or regretful. With the helmet on he is Lord Vader, powerful Sith; without it, Anakin Skywalker, beaten Jedi, a shell of his former self. All the power and menace comes from the armor and mask. Though the ability to force choke certainly helps.

I do enjoy reading others takes on his emotional state though. I'd love to hear what Sideshow and the sculptor(s) were going for in terms of expression. It seems this bust is turning out to be the Mona Lisa of the Star Wars world.....which is not a bad thing.
:duff

There will be $250 deposit on the exclusive. Oh well thats just money down on a great looking statue.

I am new to collecting Sideshow products and I am not to sure how their pre-orders and things work. Are you guys saying that this could go up for pre order over the next 3 days? If so, is there a usual time of day the pre-order would start?? Also, is 1250 a set price or is this rumored? Thanks, Joshua

I am new to collecting Sideshow products and I am not to sure how their pre-orders and things work. Are you guys saying that this could go up for pre order over the next 3 days? If so, is there a usual time of day the pre-order would start?? Also, is 1250 a set price or is this rumored? Thanks, Joshua

12 pm PST I believe tomorrow.

Attendees have reported from the show floor that the regular edition will be $1200, the exclusive with helmet stand will be $1250. Be prepared to pay a $250 deposit on the exclusive at the time you place the preorder online. The preorder time is not known in advance--it will go up unannounced and could be either Friday, Saturday or Sunday. The daily preorders typically go live some time in the morning, any time between 9:30 and 12:00 or so--we don't know for sure. This morning, it was around 9:30, but tomorrow it could be noon.

I'm not too excited at the idea of having to pay a $250 deposit on something that won't ship for a year. Why couldn't they just have a cancellation fee? It would serve the same purpose, buy wouldn't keep our money tied up for a year.

So basically the two top sections of the helmet come off and to show Shaw as Anakin Skywalker inside, so the extra stand holds those two sections?

If it were like the whole helmet it would make sense but it won't really be a display piece to have two sections on a stand, I think I'll just go for the regular, plus I won't be around tomorrow morning so I'll have to order once I get off work.

anyone able to ask if they will be charging a flat fee for international shipping like the iron child?

While I don't mind the idea of a deposit, I wish SS would have given advance notice of these deposits before SDCC came up. I just got hit with the Abomination and Uruk Hai Berserker Exclusives charges a couple days ago at one time (not to mention the other SS SDCC exclusive figures) and would have gladly canceled something to make sure I could have covered the deposit.

A deposit? ....and only for the exclusive? Isn't that a bit odd?

Best Sideshow piece at the Con IMO..Anyone not liking the facesculpt or finding inacurrate stuff about the Helmet is a dweeb IMO.I saw some ridiculous comments in this thread by guys who have only a couple 12'' in their collection and trying to put down this Amazing Bust ..Obviously you are too poor to own this and thats just sour grapes talking.This bust is what high-end is all about..This thing will be a masterpiece for ages.. and if they dont do too much of them, this will obviously rise immensly in value...

Congrats to those who are buying...:rock

This thing looks friggin AMAZING but unfortunately I think it might be out of my price range. I will have to think about it but rock on to everyone who is going to get one.

Can items like this be preordered through local shops or do they always sell out right away?

While I don't mind the idea of a deposit, I wish SS would have given advance notice of these deposits before SDCC came up. I just got hit with the Abomination and Uruk Hai Berserker Exclusives charges a couple days ago at one time (not to mention the other SS SDCC exclusive figures) and would have gladly canceled something to make sure I could have covered the deposit.

.....and that is why they didn't tell you.:monkey1

Best Sideshow piece at the Con IMO..Anyone not liking the facesculpt or finding inacurrate stuff about the Helmet is a dweeb IMO.I saw some ridiculous comments in this thread by guys who have only a couple 12'' in their collection and trying to put down this Amazing Bust ..Obviously you are too poor to own this and thats just sour grapes talking.This bust is what high-end is all about..This thing will be a masterpiece for ages.. and if they dont do too much of them, this will obviously rise immensly in value...

Congrats to those who are buying...:rock

Why do I always picture you as a General leading an army of collector nerds when I see posts like this?

:D

Back