Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
basically having the ex would be useless (not really) just defeats the purpose of getting the EX. your going to have to wait until someone/company makes one.

I didn't actually believe SS would produce a stand. I can certainly see how the move might not be well received by those who have the Ex. However, some people think the extra piece could be seen as a generic type plastic stand, not like a second head or a print.

I'm on the waitlist. However, I have my doubts I'll get one as it appears no one has either had their card rejected or has chosen to cancel at the last moment. Interesting, eh? This could be the next grail, folks!

Last edited:
I didn't actually believe SS would produce a stand. I can certainly see how the move might not be well received by those who have the Ex. However, some people think the extra piece could be seen as a generic type plastic stand, not like a second head or a print. Anyway, it is what it is. Beautiful.

I'm on the waitlist. However, I have my doubts I'll get one as it appears no one has either had their card rejected or has chosen to cancel at the last moment. Interesting, eh? This could be the next grail, folks!

when did you place your waitlist order?

when did you place your waitlist order?

Definitely later than most. I wanted to see in-hand pics before pulling the trigger on something that pricey. I'm not expecting the waitlist to convert, though it would certainly be nice.

Have people been receiving the regs yet? Is there any indication or numbering on the base of the reg or has it been left blank for now?

Anyone have pics of the sideshow product box (not the plain shipping box)? Was everything included in that one box?

Definitely later than most. I wanted to see in-hand pics before pulling the trigger on something that pricey. I'm not expecting the waitlist to convert, though it would certainly be nice.

Have people been receiving the regs yet? Is there any indication or numbering on the base of the reg or has it been left blank for now?

Anyone have pics of the sideshow product box (not the plain shipping box)? Was everything included in that one box?

few pics a few pages back, but no indication of numbers on base.

The edition size on the website for the regular is listed as Limited Edition so maybe they are keeping it open until sales slow up.
The EX with an edition size of 300 should be numbered...if it isn't I won't be impressed.

No number on the base of the bust, They are just numbering the boxes. And I'm talking bout the regular version. My friend who owns a LCS confirm this. Thanks

PS, when you guys take this out of the box, the styrofoam that holds the helmet pieces have some well hidden ties, it was a good 5 minute battle trying to get the dome out without noticing the ties, I was a second from tearing it all up.

Oh and as far as the paper towel roll holder, the dome is too tall and much heavier than the Vader helmets props (including the MR) I've seen in the past. The holder could probably be modded.

I got number 56! This is my first sideshow piece and the quality is great. I almost ripped the packaging as well, trying to pull out the helmet. This thing is heavy. I keep it displayed with the helmet on it and the head on a shelf for now. It really makes a great centerpiece in the room.
qohunp.jpg

5pmpmb.jpg

Worked out some display ideas. Turns out I had an old MR lightsaber acrylic case that was the right height for the dome, and a container I stole from my son for the mask. Again, just camera phone photos:

I took some pics tonight of the bust on a custom black and silver bench I made.
24wvg9g.jpg
2chm8ah.jpg

v8elo7.jpg
andg29.jpg
2d9wggx.jpg
nvrsar.jpg
2ez5u0y.jpg
osv700.jpg
11vnt45.jpg
e9yovp.jpg

i think with the popularity of this one someone will made a custom stand sooner than later..

and believe me.. this guy will have hard time to satisfy the demand :)

I dunno, the Vader bust looks great but everytime I see old Anakin, I think of...

Gentrification! They gon' drive out the black element to make the galaxy quote, unquote, safe for white folks. And Jedi's the most insulting installment! Because Vader's beautiful black visage is sullied when he pulls off his mask to reveal a feeble, crusty, old white man! They tryin' to tell us that deep inside we all wants to be white!

Back