Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like how the bust displays with and without the dome. Both look great... but since I got him I've only displayed with the dome.

I have the exclusive, but for the time being I don't have a good place to display the reveal mask.

Here is an initial workup of a custom base I'm working on. Once I have the CAD model complete I can send it to a 3D printer and have it done as a one off in either plastic or aluminum. If there is interest in this I could get it done as injection molded ABS but I don't have any real cost figures on it yet.
155527d.jpg

Here is an initial workup of a custom base I'm working on. Once I have the CAD model complete I can send it to a 3D printer and have it done as a one off in either plastic or aluminum. If there is interest in this I could get it done as injection molded ABS but I don't have any real cost figures on it yet.
155527d.jpg

Cool! :clap I think solid aluminum would be better than either plastic or resin. I have a Russ Replicas Terminator T-1000 Claw made of solid aluminum and it is so sturdy that I could use it as throwing weapon LOL. In fact the T-1000 Claw fell of on the ground 2 times already and not a scratch on it and it is quite heavy too.

Depending on price people will be interested in this stand for sure. Maybe you should meet with some member that has the exclusive stand to have it measured as well. When you make this I'll post your offer on RPF forum too. :)

I'm in if the price is somewhat reasonable....and I don't even have the 1:1 bust......yet. But when I do it will be the regular version.

If I may make a suggestion....... if this custom stand can be used to (also?) display the mask and the helmet together (so it kind of looks like one piece) as opposed to apart like it is now, that would be even better!

If I may make a suggestion....... if this custom stand can be used to (also?) display the mask and the helmet together (so it kind of looks like one piece) as opposed to apart like it is now, that would be even better!

That could be done by inserting a screw or something in the stand. But the 2 most important things besides the usability/dimensions of the stand (I mean to be good for the Vader helmet) are price and material that is made of.

I'm working in Inventor 2010 and so far the modeling of it looks pretty easy. This first concept was designed in cinema 4D just for looks. Now I'm engineering the parts to fit together and working on the dimensions. I suppose making the stand adjustable wouldn't be too hard to do. I'll post back another model of it with dimensions soon. Should be some info for you guys in the next week.

I'm working in Inventor 2010 and so far the modeling of it looks pretty easy. This first concept was designed in cinema 4D just for looks. Now I'm engineering the parts to fit together and working on the dimensions. I suppose making the stand adjustable wouldn't be too hard to do. I'll post back another model of it with dimensions soon. Should be some info for you guys in the next week.

If you could take my suggestion into consideration, that would be super amazing of you. Ultimately, it would provide a display option the SS version did not provide, thus potentially making this custom an even better stand.

I want one of if the price is right. I;m picking up the reg. Vader Bust tomorrow from a local collector!!!!:hi5:

I would still like to see someone make a stand where the base is the neck of Vader. That way you could display the bust w/Anakin's portrait and the full mask at the same time.

That is good news. As I said when the stand is ready I'll post your offer on a few other forums where people seemed interested in a custom stand. :)

Back