Darth Talon Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had a Darth Talon, I'd most definitely buy the cloak by Kibishii's wife.
Thanks man, she really has become a phenomenal seamstress. I gotta talk her into posting pictures of our kids in the costumes she made this year!

The prototype is finished and going to be mailed off to another member tomorrow for pictures on Talon.

I am in the process of forwarding 30+ PMs to her in regards to the Talon and Shredder cloaks...we just gotta figure out why she can't reply to any of the PMs she has received or why she can't send PMs to the people who have contacted me. Since she started her own account, I am going to let her sort through the tons of PMs I have forwarded to her. :thud:

She is trying to get a list together of the people who want one so she can send out PMs to several of you at a time. We already have a list for the Shredder cape.

You guys will have the choice between wire/no wire & clasp/no clasp.

(I have to get my post count up to 5 before I can respond to the PMs I have received)
Jedah Kalm, PM your way.

I can put the wire in NO problem, I used the same wire that I use on the heavy Grievous cloak which was too heavy for the super-thin Talon cloak. I will try the thinner jewelry wire and it will look better. I am looking forward to another member getting the prototype and posting pictures on Talon so we know what it looks like on her.

Your work is amazing. That Grievous cloak was so well crafted!

I have mailed the prototype to Jedah. He will post pictures on Talon once he receives it.

Your work is amazing. That Grievous cloak was so well crafted!

Thank you. :)

I have been receiving everyones PMs. Unfortunately every time I reply no messages are going out. Jason has let the administrators know so we can figure out why.

Pics of the prototype on Darth Talon can be found here:

www.photobucket.com/dtcc1981

I sent a PM to Kibishii/Wifey, and now I'll post the link here. I've kept the images at full resolution which is why I'll only post the link.
The first five images are my original Ex cloak. Near the end I have a direct comparison of the cloaks. In the last images, I couldn't get the custom to lay any flatter due to the wire.

Pics of the prototype on Darth Talon can be found here: www.photobucket.com/dtcc1981
I sent a PM to Kibishii/Wifey, and now I'll post the link here. I've kept the images at full resolution which is why I'll only post the link.
The first five images are my original Ex cloak. Near the end I have a direct comparison of the cloaks. In the last images, I couldn't get the custom to lay any flatter due to the wire.

Thank you Jedah for taking the pictures of the prototype on the actual statue. The feedback you gave me is going to help with the troubleshooting and I am going to make a few alterations based on the pictures. Not having Talon in hand is slowing the process down, but I will do the alterations and post pictures on Ms. Marvel.

Remember that this is the prototype.
I am going to do some tweaking with the way the wire is working with the clasp because the cloak is too short in the front when using the clasp & wire. The design of the cloak may require a different neck pattern for people who want a clasp and people who want to use the cord. I have to make the neck more U shaped if it is going to have a clasp. I am going to try the thinnest wire they sell and I am going to make the cloak less wide to see if that makes it more manageable.

If anyone wants one like the Sideshow EX with only a cord and no wire I will sell cloaks like that because I think I've made a successful pattern. However, if you are considering a wire or clasp feel free to wait while I make pattern alterations, since I want to be happy with the way the wire looks before I start selling cloaks with the wire.

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan, Wifey. As you instructed, I have removed the wire from the custom. However, I've run out of time for today (I'm a bit distracted by Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim :rolleyes2, and today was my Monday...), but I'll put it on the statue and take pics for you tomorrow.

wow great job..I love the pic with the cloak almost all off and gathered on the ground

Thanks, yeah that's the stock Ex cape there. I'm going to see how that positioning looks with the custom (without wire) tomorrow. I couldn't get that pose to work with the wire in.

Thank you Jedah for taking the pictures of the prototype on the actual statue. The feedback you gave me is going to help with the troubleshooting and I am going to make a few alterations based on the pictures. Not having Talon in hand is slowing the process down, but I will do the alterations and post pictures on Ms. Marvel.

Remember that this is the prototype.
I am going to do some tweaking with the way the wire is working with the clasp because the cloak is too short in the front when using the clasp & wire. The design of the cloak may require a different neck pattern for people who want a clasp and people who want to use the cord. I have to make the neck more U shaped if it is going to have a clasp. I am going to try the thinnest wire they sell and I am going to make the cloak less wide to see if that makes it more manageable.

If anyone wants one like the Sideshow EX with only a cord and no wire I will sell cloaks like that because I think I've made a successful pattern. However, if you are considering a wire or clasp feel free to wait while I make pattern alterations, since I want to be happy with the way the wire looks before I start selling cloaks with the wire.

Thanks again for tackling all of this! :D

:lol As soon as I have all of the Arkham City achievements, Skyrim is next on my list.

Kiss everything else in your life goodbye once you start it... really. :D

https://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll250/Jedah-Kalm/Darth Talon Custom Cloak Test/?start=all

Okay, I took a bunch of pics of the custom cloak with no wire. I also reshot the laid out comparison pics. Those two pics are the marker as to when the new pics begin. After those two it's; clasp, cord tie, hanging low. In that order.

Now that the holiday is over, I've had a chance to brainstorm and create another prototype to send out for review. I'm shipping it out today specifically with a check of the wire. The original design of the EX just doesn't work with a wire. So after I hear back about the wire I should be able to start offering darth talon cloaks. For now I will only offer cloaks with the cords since it will take a little more revamping for a clasp. It will be $42 shipped for cloak with no wire and $45 shipped for cloak with wire. Message me if you are interested and I'll start making a list.

IMG_6296.jpg

IMG_6293.jpg

Had to get a talon again beautiful statue, got the EX so its all good

Last edited:
Back