Darth Talon Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
agreed. I'm in the camp that really liked all the old stuff and EU. Hollywood really has this thing where they feel their writers are somehow superior to the other mediums. In my experience Hollywood writers rarely come up with something better than whats already been done whether its a book, comic or videogame.

Yep, I agree.
You know what's considered canon?
Jar Jar Binks.
Ewoks.
The prequels.
You know what they all have in common? They're ****ing terrible.

It's Disney's decision to disassociate the EU stuff. At one time the Talon statue got signed off on by the powers at Lucasarts ( as did the Kotobukiya Mara Jade and Jaina Solo bishoujos that I own as well ) so that's good enough for me.

There's a nod to Talon in a tattooed Twilek Sith in the trailer for Star Wars:The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire, so the creative types at Lucasarts must still think she's pretty cool.

noWfSwr.gif

I thought TOR wasn't considered canon anymore either? If so they probably don't care that much about what they do so they can do cool **** ^^

The odd thing about TOR is that Disney went out and cancelled everything the EU represented - be it toys/collectibles, books, comics, whatever EXCEPT for the game. And then, the first update TOR got post-Disney buyout is full of characters that look like old EU designs (the Starkiller looking twins, the Talon looking character), so who knows what's all going on.

The 'Legacy' edict seems to at least cancel the old EU while still keeping them around for Disney to cherry pick from in any future projects. But it is frustrating as a fan to not have any of our favorite EU stuff being released in any variety of formats anymore (collectibles, comics, etc)...

I thought Talon was cool and bought her way back in the day. Got up to speed on the back-story after the fact but at the end of the day, it's still the coolness of the statue on display that works for me. It's a Twilek with a lightsaber and regardless of what Disney or anyone else says, that is Star Wars enough for me :)

The odd thing about TOR is that Disney went out and cancelled everything the EU represented - be it toys/collectibles, books, comics, whatever EXCEPT for the game. And then, the first update TOR got post-Disney buyout is full of characters that look like old EU designs (the Starkiller looking twins, the Talon looking character), so who knows what's all going on.

The 'Legacy' edict seems to at least cancel the old EU while still keeping them around for Disney to cherry pick from in any future projects. But it is frustrating as a fan to not have any of our favorite EU stuff being released in any variety of formats anymore (collectibles, comics, etc)...

Well it's not like they hated the EU, they did it so they could essentially make their own story about everything else in the future. Yeah it sucks in terms of collectibles and stuff. I don't really care that EU stuff isn't considered canon otherwise. It's not like it's references in movies or anything and just cause disney doesn't consider something part of the story line doesn't mean I can't enjoy it ;p But as you said halting production on new things is :(

Since EA published the game and they have the license Disney wouldn't make them just cancel it, there is a lot of money invested in that game. They can just let it be and not consider it canon :p

Not sure if it's a different game but there was a Darth Maul game previously that was scrapped, that's definetely not gonna happen ;p TBH a maul game is unlikely, 1313 looked awesome though ><

Not sure if it's a different game but there was a Darth Maul game previously that was scrapped, that's definetely not gonna happen ;p TBH a maul game is unlikely, 1313 looked awesome though ><

Yup that's the one. Apparently a company pitched the idea again to EA; including 1313. Who knows. They really should!

TBH I don't think a darth maul game would do that well ;p While he is one of the more favored prequel characters that's not saying much. No whether you like the prequels or not (I don't) there's undeniably a lot of hate for it, especially among the crowd they'd be marketing the game too. There's a reason why games centering around prequel related stuff was only released in the window of before and shortly after the prequels themselves ><

Either way, I was so to see the EU go. I invested a lot of time in that material and had a lot of good memories with it. I don't think Hollywood, or Disney will ever invest the time to build an EU that was so developed. I don't think Disney has proven they can really build a universe. They are very good at telling an existing story, not making their own. To many hands in the cookie jar. I do watch Star Wars rebels with my son but I get so angry when I see some of the other cartoons they are putting out with the SW label.

... Dan Borth at Red Fly said that they are currently working on a next gen demo of the maul game to present to EA...thx to fans who want to still see this game happen... 1313 has more of a chance since it was further in being finished than the maul game... there are plenty of fans who want to see both happen...

I'd more hope for a finale to the Force Unleashed games. And since it kinda looked like 1313 was gonna follow the same formula of game style, I wouldn't mind it being looked over

yeah, cause unleashed was more of a just run around and hit people use force powers etc. 1313 was a cover system shooting game with a much slower pace ><

Regardless of there being a saber in the game or not, how can anyone who was a fan of Force Unleashed not be anxious to see a conclusion to where part 2 left off? Let me play as a blaster wielding guard of the prison ship that was holding Vader, I don't care, lol

I'd be up for them to do kickstarter. I can see Disney being a ***** abuot spending potential funds for the game, but if it gets kickstarted, might as well let it slide.

Kickstarter is nice but essentially for large games it's a publicity stunt. It wouldn't bring close to enough money for a game like 1313 even without EA's inflated budget requirements ><

Kind of a weak bump, but here's a pic of my Talon that I bought at SDCC last year. I got the Reg edition, so I was waiting a few months until I was able to commission a custom cape for her, and then waited a few more weeks until I finally opened her up.

BUT, my main reason for wanting to reply to this thread is to ask if anyone knows anyone/has tried themselves to swap out the older saber blade with the newer types. I'd love it if I could update Talon's, but I have no idea if anyone's even tried, let alone be successful at it.

aProShot_20160124_022223.jpg

Back