Darth Maul Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a huge Maul fan but this turned out really good. I might even consider getting him down the road lol. What might tip me over is how he turns out with the custom cloak from myc. :wink1:

One quick picture!

20170706_195157_zpsdhajwbdh.jpg

I'll be the first to say I bash SS at every opportunity(and it's always warranted), but they did an amazing job on this piece.

^^^ Great pic. and the light up feature on the sabers is excellent.

EDIT: What's pretty cool is the saber doesn't light up all at once like a light bulb, the light starts at the handle and gradually extends to the tips, gives it the effect of a light saber blade extending outward. Since this is my first light up saber I wasn't sure if they all have a similar effect.

I just noticed on mine the nose has a couple paint dabs of red on the black tip and black on the red part. I'm requesting sideshow to help me out. I don't trust myself painting this to match the colors. It's still early in shipping so hopefully they can replace the head sculpt.

Looks like SS treated this statue the way it should, respecting the character, the franchise and the fans.

oh its a think of beauty ! Thanks for the pics.. kind of Maul I was always waiting for ! Im really excited about this piece

Obviously the exclusive leaves a smaller footprint for display purposes but I think I like the double bladed look better. The half saber just gives the vibe that the statue is missing something IMO. Obviously in the movie he literally was missing part of his saber for a time but it doesn't translate to the ideal look for a statue. In my humble opinion of course.

Overall the PF looks absolutely fantastic.

The problem I have with the single blade is that it looks like every other Sith lightsaber.
Maul and the dual blade lightsaber are one in the same.

If anyone needs proof, just mention the dual blade lightsaber to anyone that knows Star Wars and they will associate it with Darth Maul. Guaranteed. :)

The problem I have with the single blade is that it looks like every other Sith lightsaber.

If anyone needs proof, just mention the dual blade lightsaber to anyone that knows Star Wars and they will associate it with Darth Maul. Guaranteed. :)

Exactly.

Agree, I have the EX but will likely never display the single blade. The dual saber looks insane, especially when lit up!

Can anyone 100% confirm he'll fit in a besta with the double bladed saber? If he does, can someone post a pic of how he looks in there with it?

I tested it with the dual blades and it fits at an angle. I chose the single blade due to how I wanted him to face. Sorry no pics as I already put everything away.

This looks amazing

Sometimes Sideshow can just knock it out of the park....and sometimes they make PFs like the new Han Solo..

Back