Darth Maul Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talked to Jaclyn from SSC and she said this will be made to order like 1:2 IM. So likely an open edition size.

So is anyone seeing 2 different style order pages for Maul? One is the standard version we've had for years, the other is a more modern (mostly black page).

Wow is the new layout page is too busy. Looks good but the information is not readily available until you click & scroll to get the info needed for this piece. I hate scrolling! :gah:

For some reason it will go back and forth between the old and new when I click the link. Everything else is the old layout.

Kind of prefer the old, I just want to order stuff and the old layout was easy to read and navigate :huh

i am confused with SST's decision to offer this as with an open edition size.

I don't get why most of you are surprised that Maul or any of the other 1:2 scale LSF would be less than $2k. It was assumed that it would be in that neighborhood since Sideshow has already released Iron Man 1:2 scale (which was $2k)...Yeah, IM has light-up features, but Maul does as well and the most expensive piece the LFL/SW logo...

I think that most of you might be upset since these are characters we like/love and it is pass most of our budgets. Its frankly for those that have money or just silly with their credit cards.

Anyways, congrats to those who can afford him and I'm sure this will be an awesome addition to any collection...For me I can't swing it, but if I had $2k laying around it would go to other 'grails' that I need in my collection.

If one is saavy and saves some cash, then they could buy Maul outright by Christmas . . . . of next year!

If one is saavy and saves some cash over a year, then they could buy Maul outright by Christmas . . . . of next year!

Yeah no hurry here, may get him a few years down the line. At this rate and price don't think they will make many characters in this line anyways.

Serious question, for $2k, are these still being factory painted?

Wassamatter? You don't want them painted by these guys?

2240486854_4458e06e41_z.jpg
2237600080_ab2234a524_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly, good post. Ironically though, I can see some defending SSC when the first 1:2's hit people's doorsteps and the paint apps are marginally better but not $2,000 better. You're right, $2,000 can buy a pretty nice real work of art so these better be better production all around. Though I wonder, how much resources will these overpriced pieces hog, to cause their 1/4th's and 1/6th's to remain at the current level or get worse. I won a prize the other week and still haven't gotten my email for shipment and was told they are a week behind. So I can only imagine their other departments. And let's face it, they paint these in the same shop in China or wherever, how much better are the same workers going to be?

I just received the prize I won at comic-con. First one was sent damaged, but still that's 3 months.

Back