Darth Maul Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still impressed with this statue. I realize the lightsaber is out of proportion but not enough to detract from the overall impressiveness of this piece. Can't wait for mine to get here. Keep posting the pics.

Unfortunately, I don't think so. I was one of the last 2 people to get one of these done from Bjorn and I don't think he has plans to do any more of them. I do believe Phil Robinson who originally sculpted this piece might still be offering them, however. He goes by the name Cyberman over at the RPF and Rebelscum if that helps. :cool:

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still impressed with this statue. I realize the lightsaber is out of proportion but not enough to detract from the overall impressiveness of this piece. Can't wait for mine to get here. Keep posting the pics.

Personally I'm not sure how much bigger the saber would need to be to detract from the statue itself, but I understand people liking this statue. It is quite impressive, despite its big price and faulty saber..

Covertech? What's that?

sorry to bring this up again but thought it was interesting that it was painted silver... it might be spelled covertec though... I have one floating around somewhere

covertecclip.jpg

Same price all in all.....but not so good when a replacement is needed...as in this case :exactly:
Payed the same for the 1:2 endo.... 17.000 dkk wich is in Denmark 3000$ or what you typical gets in your hand after working in Denmark for Aprox 3 weeks

Good news though....Sideshow is replacing the hole statue with a new one wich has been tested to work before shipping.....:yess:

Hey KClasse, did you get your replacement Darth Maul? and most important, does it work?
I have a friend with a similar problem with his:(

Darth Maul arrives!!!! First impression....WOW! First off the laight saber is not huge in person at all...more to come!!!

Thanks SAB and all,

Here is my honest review of the Darth Maul LSF... My first overall impression out of the box... VERY IMPRESSIVE! Maul's portrait by Matt Falls is great! The paint app and color is also excellent. In person, the light saber is just fine... I don't find the saber too larger at all... The light feature on mine works just fine... and the effect of the way it goes on and off is pretty damn cool... Although with every light feature over time.. you use it less and less.. SSC also added blade-less saber ends so you do not have to display him with the sabers lit. The figure when assembled has a nice weight.. the base is large but is not very heavy until you put the figure on it... The clothing is just awesome... and it has many layers and different material textures.. The cloak is a mini masterpiece and the studded faux leather belt is a very nice touch... Maul's body proportions are just fine, again it's a digital photo issue and not the statue, much like the saber issue... I prefer him cloaked and hooded.. He just looks more ominous and awesome like this.... I had two minor QC issues with my Maul.. the bottom covering on the base had faulty glue and took me about 5 min to fix good as new, and the little red plastic cap on the end of my saber was off due to poor gluing.. this took about 5 min to fix... other than that... the statue was tip top! Maul comes with a full-color glossy manual with great photos and artwork.. The photos on each page are glossed, and will definitely stick together over time especially if you store the boxes and the seasonal temp changes get at it.. do yourself a favor and put a sheet of white copy paper in between each page or use tissue paper and you should have no issues for the long haul....Out of a score of 10... I give it a 9....:) If your a Maul fan, and want a great LSF for your collection or Movie room... this IMO will not disappoint!

Maul1.jpg

Maul1a.jpg

Maul2.jpg

Maul3.jpg

with flash on...

Last edited:
Has anyone had any problems with the lightup feature? This is my second Maul and I still can't get his lightsabers to light up. Only one side (facing his back) lights up and that's only when the adapter is plugged in. The lower blade doesn't light up at all and I've even tried using the replacement saber I received from my first Maul. Don't get why I'm having such bad luck with this :gah:

Has anyone had any problems with the lightup feature? This is my second Maul and I still can't get his lightsabers to light up. Only one side (facing his back) lights up and that's only when the adapter is plugged in. The lower blade doesn't light up at all and I've even tried using the replacement saber I received from my first Maul. Don't get why I'm having such bad luck with this :gah:

Have you cleaned all contacts... also try compressed air into the contacts.. make sure the foot and waist are connecting well as well.. I had no issues... Also the lower saber can be rotated a bit left in right once in place... try that, and make sure the sabers are seated completely into the hilt. Good luck!

Thanks... he's amazing! Gets constant ewws, and ahhs when we have guests....:) Do you have one or are planning to get one?

Maul1.jpg

Hi Atom, thanks for your review and pics. It does look great! :clap However, what are your views on the more common problems like the enlarged feet and oversized hilt? I can see from your display that the foot sticks out like a sore thumb and when you try to get an overall scale of the body from looking afar you can tell that either the foot has been mis-measured or Darth Maul had extraordinarily large feet :dunno

Thanks... he's amazing! Gets constant ewws, and ahhs when we have guests....:) Do you have one or are planning to get one?

Maul1.jpg

I was planning to get one ever since the first pics came out during SDCC 2011 but once I saw in hand pictures I changed my mind. The price and the saber size made me think twice. But most people who own this say the saber doesn't look as big in person. Your pictures are one of the best I seen of this piece. You capture the size well the way you have it displayed on the Besta. I really want a definite Maul piece to go with the Mythos statue so I might go ahead and get one. I really love the portrait I think it really looks like Ray Park.

Hi Atom, thanks for your review and pics. It does look great! :clap However, what are your views on the more common problems like the enlarged feet and oversized hilt? I can see from your display that the foot sticks out like a sore thumb and when you try to get an overall scale of the body from looking afar you can tell that either the foot has been mis-measured or Darth Maul had extraordinarily large feet :dunno

Hey Roberto,

Again the body and boots look fine to me.. but that's me and if you feel this is not right for you.. you have to go with your gut feeling.. I'm 5'9 this pic was taken at an up looking angel..so the front edge of the base, close boot and saber blade look larger in the photo. In person these are not like that.. It's the distortion of the iphone camera... Look at the size of Thor's hammer.. and look how small the back saber blade looks.. You have three point perspective happening here.. vanishing points left and right and above the object.. Perspective at close range can be a bi'arch.....but you don't have to take my word for it. IMO this is a great statue. If you read the review I already commented on the great light saber debate...:) Look at how much smaller the back foot looks, and they are both the same size. This debate will rage on I'm sure, but these are just opinions... You will also noticed the distorted angel of the photo key-stoning or converging in perspective making the head look smaller.. look at the portrait shot taken with my "real" camera and you can see the head looks great... I that a collector would not buy this because it didn't have little red lines around the horn bases on the head.. different strokes for different folks I say...:) I'm just reporting on my experience owning this figure.. my job is not to convince others that it's great, that's SSC job.. The folks who own already know it's awesome.... Collector's Collect on!

Last edited:
I was planning to get one ever since the first pics came out during SDCC 2011 but once I saw in hand pictures I changed my mind. The price and the saber size made me think twice. But most people who own this say the saber doesn't look as big in person. Your pictures are one of the best I seen of this piece. You capture the size well the way you have it displayed on the Besta. I really want a definite Maul piece to go with the Mythos statue so I might go ahead and get one. I really love the portrait I think it really looks like Ray Park.

I'd buy this if you feel he's for you.. I'd say that to anyone about any statue.. go with your own feelings Luke...LOL could not resist... But.. I find this to be an awesome addition to my collection, and have no regrets at all.. If you do buy Maul Congrats....:) PS he's scary in low lighting.. very ominous! :) Oh, I'd like to add I have #102... This was written in black marker on the the shipping box in all lower corners... like they do with the PF's.... I know it doesn't appear on the statue, but this must have been the 102 one made. I wonder if the total made was 200 or 250.... again all speculation and I don't even care about the number..

Last edited:
Back