DARTH MAUL 1:1 BUST!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Loki said:
I love mine just as much. The detail is just amazing and everything is dead on.

Do you pose with or without the hood? The hood makes him a little more evil looking but I just hate to hide those gorgous horns.

Hood off for now, I am waiting on a case for him and then I will probably use the hood. I am worried about the dust on the fabric.

:maul

Believe it or not this is my wife's favorite part of my collection. She has always been tolerable and supportive of it, but since I pick up the Maul 1:1 she has actually gotten even more interested and been looking at upcoming stuff.

Mine's displayed with the hood. Tried both ways and just didn't like him without the hood.

THis is nearly a perfect piece. Saw one on display at Forbidden Planet on Union Square here in NYC. I just wish they'd used glass eyes instead of just painting them. Imagine the realism!!!

I love the 1:1 busts that I saw at SDCC. The Maul was so awesome but I think I will try for the Yoda since space is so limited and he is my favorite. He looked so realistic it was unbelievable.

oxbeard said:
Believe it or not this is my wife's favorite part of my collection. She has always been tolerable and supportive of it, but since I pick up the Maul 1:1 she has actually gotten even more interested and been looking at upcoming stuff.
QUOTE]

My wife as well! She really likes it a lot. My Mother-in-law hates it though! :emperor

It's probably everyone's favorite piece that has seen it. I have a hard time deciding what my favorite piece is, it's like picking your favorite child.

Congrats Matt! The Maul 1:1 bust is a perfect example of why SS is the best at what they do. If you have the chance, get the Greedo bust too. As perfect as the Maul bust is, the Greedo is even better!

Mini-Rock said:
Congrats Matt! The Maul 1:1 bust is a perfect example of why SS is the best at what they do. If you have the chance, get the Greedo bust too. As perfect as the Maul bust is, the Greedo is even better!

Really!? Wow, it was impressive in person ....

Do you have any comparison pictures. :cool:

Customikey said:
THis is nearly a perfect piece. Saw one on display at Forbidden Planet on Union Square here in NYC. I just wish they'd used glass eyes instead of just painting them. Imagine the realism!!!

Yes, that seems like a great suggestion. I wonder what kind of logistical problems it would have created getting the little eyeballs in? Presumably they would be installed via a hollow interior with an opening at the neck base, or perhaps with a split-casting for the head?

I'm looking forward to my Yoda a lot. I don't doubt the quality of the other two pieces for a moment, but not sure they're my thing. I will say I think they're on safer ground doing creatures and non humans as they have up to this point. I would include Maul in that category in a sense, because it is the horns/tattooing that are initially distinctive about this character, moreso than Ray Park's face. As a matter of curiosity though at least, it would be interesting to see how they would fare with a Luke or Han.

Here ya go Matt:

new4%20001.jpg

new4%20002.jpg

new4%20003.jpg

Both are perfect renditions of their on screen counterparts; but, l lean more towards Greedo due to the greater detail. Either way, one, or both, are an absolute must for any high-end SW collection. Bring on Yoda!! :)

spaceman said:
Yes, that seems like a great suggestion. I wonder what kind of logistical problems it would have created getting the little eyeballs in? Presumably they would be installed via a hollow interior with an opening at the neck base, or perhaps with a split-casting for the head?

I'm looking forward to my Yoda a lot. I don't doubt the quality of the other two pieces for a moment, but not sure they're my thing. I will say I think they're on safer ground doing creatures and non humans as they have up to this point. I would include Maul in that category in a sense, because it is the horns/tattooing that are initially distinctive about this character, moreso than Ray Park's face. As a matter of curiosity though at least, it would be interesting to see how they would fare with a Luke or Han.

If they decided to go with Han, they would fair much better going with Howard S again. He seems to have the 1:1 Ford sculpt down.

There's no denying that Greedo looks great. Just don't have the room for too many of these and Yoda is on order and won't be getting cancelled.

I would LOVE to get the Yoda bust. I had been toying with getting a 1:1 Yoda for a while, and this'd be the one I'd get, even though he has no feet. But i just don't have the room, as my wife keeps pointing out to me.

Back