Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

Sculpting is art.
Clothing is fashion.
There is Phidias...
...and there is Versace.

I 'll take fully sculpted any day.

sorry but scaling down 1:1 clothes that suits 1:4 or smaller statues is ART in my eyes as well. Its a different art then sculpting but its def. art ! I do sculptors but won't be able to tailor clothes for my statues ..

and I agree with Swift as well.. fabric makes the statues look more like prop ! it looks like the real character in the movies just in small and take that over a fully sculpted any day

sorry but scaling down 1:1 clothes that suits 1:4 or smaller statues is ART in my eyes as well. Its a different art then sculpting but its def. art ! I do sculptors but won't be able to tailor clothes for my statues ..

and I agree with Swift as well.. fabric makes the statues look more like prop ! it looks like the real character in the movies just in small and take that over a fully sculpted any day

When tailored properly it does look great, if not it looks cheap and fake. Especially with a lot of 1/6th scale, the stitching alone leads a person to see how unreal the items are. 1/4 scale is better but still after owning over 10 SW PF's I prefer the full polystone over the soft goods on a mixed media, it's actually the reason why I sold all my PF's.
Besides Myc's Revan I have no others, and I'm waiting eagerly for that baby to get to me :)

ships out next week Nipshank ! ;)

Fully-sculpted statues and mixed-media statues/figures both have their merits. It all depends on the execution. I don't think you can claim that only one or the other qualifies as art.

I like them both. I'd stack my Blackbeard PF up against any fully scuplted statue in terms of detail and overall quality.

That is why the hobby is healthy...well maybe :1-1: Because we have different opinions. I didn't say I detest clothes on statues. I have a few PFs. I just wanted to underline that if I had to choose then fully sculpted would always be my pick.

Sorry don't check here too often so forgive me for asking but what was the arm issue? Thanks in advance.

Sorry don't check here too often so forgive me for asking but what was the arm issue? Thanks in advance.

One of the switch out arms Vader was originally supposed to ship with was reminiscent of the fight scene in ESB (see below), instead it came with wthe arm more across his chest (looking like a waiter). SS has made it right by sending replacement arms, but the buyer has to contact SS and ask for the arm.

hqdefault.jpg

One of the switch out arms Vader was originally supposed to ship with was reminiscent of the fight scene in ESB (see below), instead it came with wthe arm more across his chest (looking like a waiter). SS has made it right by sending replacement arms, but the buyer has to contact SS and ask for the arm.

View attachment 101529

Thanks for the info, yeah I got the wrong arm, I gotta email/call sideshow asap, do you think its too late???

I doubt it, they've been sending out quite a few replacements as of late, so I would call them or chat with them online and get it set up.

I doubt it, they've been sending out quite a few replacements as of late, so I would call them or chat with them online and get it set up.

Yeah im hoping so, that would suk if I wasn't ' able to get one, tthe ks again for the info.

Does anybody knows when the Darth Vader Mythos Statue went soldout ?

Thank you for the answers, so it seem to just about 2 month ago that the Wait List started
Does anyone know somebody that was on that list and actually been able to finally get one ?
If so when did that person was added on the Wait List ?
There is at least 67L88Stingray but he was in just at the beginning

Thank you for the answers, so it seem to just about 2 month ago that the Wait List started
Does anyone know somebody that was on that list and actually been able to finally get one ?
If so when did that person was added on the Wait List ?
There is at least 67L88Stingray but he was in just at the beginning

Judging from what I have read on the boards, it seems that people who signed up right when it was selling out have not been converted. If any have converted it's been a very small handful of people.

I got on the wait list within hours of it selling out and I have not been contacted yet. I ended up getting one on the secondary market for retail price, and was able to get the extra arm from a fellow freak here, so if my wait list does convert I will sell it to a freak here for retail. In the spirit of collecting :)

Back