Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

Do you think there might be a slight chance that they will produce more of these statues ?
I am new to this and this I would love to get my hand on one of these but the price on ebay are about 2 times more expensive than the price advertise on the sideshow web site
For those who have been dealing with this site for a while does it happen often that they say an item is sold out but after a while if the demands is there they will create some more

Thank you

Do you think there might be a slight chance that they will produce more of these statues ?
I am new to this and this I would love to get my hand on one of these but the price on ebay are about 2 times more expensive than the price advertise on the sideshow web site
For those who have been dealing with this site for a while does it happen often that they say an item is sold out but after a while if the demands is there they will create some more

Thank you

I've seen DC collectibles do it quite a bit, but I've never seen SS do it (other then some Hulk variants). If anything go on SS waiting list you might score one.

Never be a recast, SSC won't do it and I doubt we'll see any variants ever of a statue of this sort.
Wait list or keep your eye open on the forums, sooner or later you'll score one at a decent/fair price.

No, they won't make more but they have been known to "find" more from time to time... but I wouldn't hold my breath thinking this might be one of those... but you never know.

No, they won't make more but they have been known to "find" more from time to time... but I wouldn't hold my breath thinking this might be one of those... but you never know.

Yes the elusive "found in the warehouse" items...More so returned damaged and then repaired and sold again. I've heard horror stories from members on RS of them buying an item that has recently been found in the warehouse.

I am pretty sure there will be a 2nd batch out fall / at the end of this year. There are more and more retailers here in EU which list it as pre-order für Q4/14 - Q1/15.

Never be a recast, SSC won't do it and I doubt we'll see any variants ever of a statue of this sort.
Wait list or keep your eye open on the forums, sooner or later you'll score one at a decent/fair price.

SS has been guilty of this in the past...

The C3PO Bust springs to mind, I bought one of the original 750 weathered versions which sold out. SS canceled the non weathered version as they couldn't get the finish right. Next thing you know there are another unlimited run of "Fred Barton Special Edition" that SS claim have extra weathering which from my comparisons I can't see.

I am pretty sure there will be a 2nd batch out fall / at the end of this year. There are more and more retailers here in EU which list it as pre-order für Q4/14 - Q1/15.

I'm pretty certain this will be the case. Take the DC Batman PF, isn't there a delay atm because SS are waiting for the next batch of regulars to be made and shipped? I just can't see how Sideshow manufactured, shipped and sold 5 THOUSAND of these and considering the size of the shipping box for this beast they wouldn't want huge amounts sitting around their warehouse taking up valuable floor space.

It's a great piece and I couldn't care less if it's sold out or if they have more coming but I'm willing to put money on another batch coming later in the year.

When you post yourself on the waitlist this is what they say

Your Order Contains Wait List Items

You are placing a reservation for a sold out item to be fulfilled only if it becomes available due to cancellations/card declines. By submitting this request you are agreeing to the Wait List Service Terms and Conditions of our Wait List Service and will be held to them upon order fulfillment.

I have a few question about this

Does anyone know when this statue was first available (fall 2013 I think) ?
Anyone know since when this statue is supposedly sold out ?

I'm pretty sure it's been over 2 month from what I have read on the forum so ....
I think that if the item is sold out probably all the people who order it has already been bill for it and also
received their statue (maybe I am wrong about this one) but if everyone have been billed on their card this wait list
would be of no use, or the list is for another use like to see if there is enough demand for another batch.

Anyone have bought the statue before it went sold out and is still have not been bill for it and not received it ?

Thank you for your input.

If Anybody is interested Im selling my Mythos Fett & Vader at the mo, I am in the UK, will end up on ebay but would rather they went to a freak!!

Also I have a spare Vader clenched fist arm, the proper one, it came with a small chip on it so they sent me another. If anyone needs it just PM me. The chip is unnoticeable and I covered it up by touching it up with a sharpie, roughly a 1mm x .5mm chip.

When you post yourself on the waitlist this is what they say

I have a few question about this

Does anyone know when this statue was first available (fall 2013 I think) ?
Anyone know since when this statue is supposedly sold out ?

I'm pretty sure it's been over 2 month from what I have read on the forum so ....
I think that if the item is sold out probably all the people who order it has already been bill for it and also
received their statue (maybe I am wrong about this one) but if everyone have been billed on their card this wait list
would be of no use, or the list is for another use like to see if there is enough demand for another batch.

Anyone have bought the statue before it went sold out and is still have not been bill for it and not received it ?

Thank you for your input.

I imagine that waitlist also covers statues that were broken and returned for full refunds, if that's the case then SS has to have new statues created to replace them in order to keep the Edition Size. So if this happens you could still get one for being on the waitlist, of course the odds are remote.

IMO, SS keeps WL open for far too long. I once stayed on a WL for over 2 years after the product shipped out with no notice of the WL ever closing. I knew I wouldn't convert, but SS should do better at communicating that to the customers.

What do you think about the difference between the suit of Darth Vader in these 2 differents statues
If you look at the arms, legs and stomach they look really different to me
And I am pretty sure from what I have always seen in the movies it look more like the right (mythos suit)
It look more crumple and I think it look better that way.
Do you have any information on why they look so different ?

The left one is the deluxe
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-darth-vader-deluxe-sideshow-collectibles-1000761/
And the right one is the as everyone knows the Mythos one
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-darth-vader-mythos-sideshow-collectibles-200193/

vadersuit.jpg

What do you think about the difference between the suit of Darth Vader in these 2 differents statues
If you look at the arms, legs and stomach they look really different to me
And I am pretty sure from what I have always seen in the movies it look more like the right (mythos suit)
It look more crumple and I think it look better that way.
Do you have any information on why they look so different ?

The left one is the deluxe
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-darth-vader-deluxe-sideshow-collectibles-1000761/
And the right one is the as everyone knows the Mythos one
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-darth-vader-mythos-sideshow-collectibles-200193/

vadersuit.jpg

It's easier to make polystone sculpted material look weathered and beaten then it is real fabric. That's why I prefer fully sculpted, it shows so much more details then the statues that have fabric draped over them.

Sewing the little details on the 1/6th soft goods has to be incredibly difficult, sculpting is a much easier medium to get the details in for sure.

Also anyone else who seen my post for a free "vader replacement arm", it's gonzo.

See I actually disagree with you guys. I love having tailored replica costumes on statues. It makes them seem so real. In fact my favorite piece is mostly covered by mixed media (Asajj PF). Don't get me wrong you're certainly right that it is easier to get the little details with sculpting, but if done well I like the mixed media better. Statues it's done well on, like Aurra Sing, make it look like the character stepped out of the movie and is right in front of you, where as if something is fully sculpted I just see a (still beautiful) statue.

Sculpting is art.
Clothing is fashion.
There is Phidias...
...and there is Versace.

I 'll take fully sculpted any day.

Gentle Giant is making huge strides in sculpted material, their last 3 statues (BW, Capt, 300) the sculpted material almost looks real.

Back