Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

Vader arm arrived either today or yesterday. Doesn't really matter, glad to have this statue finally with all the pieces.

5JUj4XT.jpg

XusxgSU.jpg

Ad7ojPf.jpg

Ia1Kivb.jpg

EvIvS9G.jpg

IR0mhcL.jpg

Awesome!
You must live close to them.

That's the thing I live in possibly the furthest place from them..... Australia lol

Usually takes 2 weeks to get something from them...

Just glad to have all the display options now!!!

That last pic with Kenobi and Vader is great!!!

Vader arm arrived either today or yesterday. Doesn't really matter, glad to have this statue finally with all the pieces.

Nice man... And I agree over time this will be a much sought after statue, perhaps not as much as Kenobi but sought after none the less

Mine isn't like that, so you may have an issue with the base.
Thanks, I didn't think it would be... I called Sideshow, and they recommended replacing the entire statue, since they don't know for sure if the statue or the base is the problem... I'm kind of glad, because the box was also pretty trashed. Hopefully the new one arrives in better shape...

I'm still ****ing pissed about how this sold out.
I have all the other Mythos pieces and with the arm debacle I was waiting for the replacement to arrive to place an order to get everything properly at once. I assumed (apparently incorrectly) that 5000 being the biggest ES for Mythos and all other pieces taking forever to sell, I'd be fine.
Guess not! So now I have an incomplete Mythos collection.

I'm still ****ing pissed about how this sold out.
I have all the other Mythos pieces and with the arm debacle I was waiting for the replacement to arrive to place an order to get everything properly at once. I assumed (apparently incorrectly) that 5000 being the biggest ES for Mythos and all other pieces taking forever to sell, I'd be fine.
Guess not! So now I have an incomplete Mythos collection.

Thats sad man.. Vader is a great statue next to obiwann IMO. Youll be paying higher for this on the 2nd market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the more I think about it, I am thinking sideshow pulled a fast one because of the arm mishap and ended the run short... We would never know, 5000 is a lot of statues to sell through with very few wait list conversions, that we have heard of. It just doesn't add up.

I thought this would be available forever given the edition size.

^^^ :rotfl Really! You suggest that Sideshow dropped the numbers on this because 1) the arm issue and 2) there are not enought ST and Vader fans in the world.

I personally know of one business that ordered 30 of these, all were either pre-sold or sold within the first week of having them in the store. Of those only 20 had the corrected power fist, with the others put on a wait list.

Yeah the more I think about it, I am thinking sideshow pulled a fast one because of the arm mishap and ended the run short... We would never know, 5000 is a lot of statues to sell through with very few wait list conversions, that we have heard of. It just doesn't add up.

I jumped on the WL the 1st day almost 2 months ago and it has not converted so that is odd.

^^^ :rotfl Really! You suggest that Sideshow dropped the numbers on this because 1) the arm issue and 2) there are not enought ST and Vader fans in the world.

I personally know of one business that ordered 30 of these, all were either pre-sold or sold within the first week of having them in the store. Of those only 20 had the corrected power fist, with the others put on a wait list.

Yeah, I don't buy that either. Sideshow has had a lot of problems worse than the arm on statues and didn't cut production with them so I don't think they would do it now. McFarlane sold through 1500 of those Walking Dead Michonne statues at $300 each in about a week so selling off 5000 of these Vaders seems very plausible to me.

Highly doubtful SS dropped the ES on this guy. The popularity of the Mythos line was already established with Kenobi. Vader is always a big seller and the feedback on this piece was highly positive. I just don't see SS dropping the numbers, especially with him selling at the pricepoint he was at.

It's a shame for those that missed out... I mean it's definitely a surprise to me also that it sold out ad quick as it did but I couldn't be happier it sold out!!! It shows sideshow that people like the new artistic take and their risk paid off which can only mean confidence to keep pushing the boundaries and producing more exciting statues for us all

Highly doubtful SS dropped the ES on this guy. The popularity of the Mythos line was already established with Kenobi. Vader is always a big seller and the feedback on this piece was highly positive. I just don't see SS dropping the numbers, especially with him selling at the pricepoint he was at.

For sure, I can see 5k of these selling especially with the demand that is still out there for them. The collectors represented on Sideshow Freaks and other forums is probably a small percentage of the actual market.

Back