Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

It's hard to take a good pic of Vader. If it's low lighting the orange looks good, then Vader is too dark. If you want to see Vader, more light, orange is exaggerated . In person, the orange doesn't look like that. At least mine doesn't.

josh, how does the orange compare to the sauron pf in person since you have both. On the sauron pf the orange isnt very noticeable and looked fine, but here it looks :slap

Personally I think if you don't like the flames in the photos you wont like them in person. I think it looks pretty much the same. For me that is a good thing. I think I wish it was a little darker red but it still turned out good.

I think the statue turned out fantastic overall. I need and I mean need the fist version. I love the original look that was intended but for classic Vader I have to have the fist version. It was the original reason I bought it. It just don't look right with the saber and the towel hand is just silly looking. I hope SSC makes this right.

I will post pics and a review sometime later.

josh, how does the orange compare to the sauron pf in person since you have both. On the sauron pf the orange isnt very noticeable and looked fine, but here it looks :slap

Both are fantastic for what they are trying to accomplish for each piece. The darker lighting in one of the shots show how it looks in natural light.

I can't remember where I went, but this was my response:

Dear Jacob,
Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department and for your interest in our products!

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience; at this time, we are in contact with our production team to getting this issue resolved. Please allow at least 7-10 business days to get a response from our Returns Department in regards to this issue.

Please do not hesitate in contacting me if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Elisse Mendez
Customer Service Representative

Thank for all the photos!!! I just ordered and got permission from the wife!
:yess:
Let's just hope for a safe delivery!

Well if sideshow do the right thing and fix the arm problem they will win a few points back with me.... in saying that they will still be well behind in the points game as I am still getting ghe run around with my Kenobi Mythos issues.... if I am one thing tho its annoying and persistent when it comes to dealing with these sorts of things so I am confident I will come out on top in this particular Gartogg v Sideshow battle

Well if sideshow do the right thing and fix the arm problem they will win a few points back with me.... in saying that they will still be well behind in the points game as I am still getting ghe run around with my Kenobi Mythos issues.... if I am one thing tho its annoying and persistent when it comes to dealing with these sorts of things so I am confident I will come out on top in this particular Gartogg v Sideshow battle

What is going on with your Kenobi statue??

What's up Josh? No outdoors pics?? :stick

With all the pics I've seen and the various lighting, I think I will be ordering Vader once SS makes public what they intend to do about the arm.

He looks great to me and I will proudly display him next to Kenobi.

That's my plan as well.

Just got a reply from SS, they are working with their production team to get the issue resolved. I'm crossing my fingers for that fist.

Just got done chatting with them, looks like 7-10 business days before we get an answer.

That's encouraging, we'll see in 10 days if I order it or not.

I was thinking about buying one of these from Mother's Basement in the UK. Usually they get their batch later than the US. I hope the fist issue is solved by then... :dunno

What is going on with your Kenobi statue??

Not to hijack the vadet thread but got sent a clearly returned piece even when I had ordered well before it was sold out that doesn't sit in the base correctly and came with a cross eyed Ewan portrait....

My complaint emails (multiple) were ignored for almost 2 weeks and due to that I was told they no longer have replacements for the body so its live with it or return and be without.... The credit for the problem that was offered was almost insulting so we are now in negotiations....

Just unpacked #128 and this is fantastic. Except for the ridiculous fist arm, the statue overall is AMAZING! With the correct fist, it would be a 10/10 statue easy for me. Flawless, great paint application, many display options and majestic for being 1/5 scale. Sideshow at least nailed everything else than the correct arm. :)

Just unpacked #128 and this is fantastic. Except for the ridiculous fist arm, the statue overall is AMAZING! With the correct fist, it would be a 10/10 statue easy for me. Flawless, great paint application, many display options and majestic for being 1/5 scale. Sideshow at least nailed everything else than the correct arm. :)

congrats! & agree, love the statue. please report the arm issue to the CS :) the fist pose will look great as alternative display.

Not to hijack the vadet thread but got sent a clearly returned piece even when I had ordered well before it was sold out that doesn't sit in the base correctly and came with a cross eyed Ewan portrait....

My complaint emails (multiple) were ignored for almost 2 weeks and due to that I was told they no longer have replacements for the body so its live with it or return and be without.... The credit for the problem that was offered was almost insulting so we are now in negotiations....

I've seen that more and more... SS does turn around returned peices.

I've seen that more and more... SS does turn around returned peices.

SS CS claim they have no information that it was a returned piece

Blind Freddy could tell instantly it was a returned item

Want to know what insulting is? It turns out the cross-eyed Ewan portrait was the least of my problems. When I finally decided to inspect the rest of the statue, I discovered that the main body was actually completely broken in half at the waist. When SS finally responded to my email, they offered me a $45 credit....

Obviously it's going back for a full refund, but the offer was insulting. The sad part is that they've adopted this tactic since it's clear to them at this point that there are some consumers who will accept such an offer.

Back