Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

oh my god...Mister Ski

that orange on yours is RIDICULOUS. way too strong. im NERVOUS now. no way i can accept that. seems like the orange glow effect is very different from piece to piece. the guy who posted above you on this page has a much more muted orange glow. yours looks like a paint job on a dodge challenger....wow...

id get a replacement. no way im accepting that.

I guarantee it's just the lighting that is making the difference.

oh my god...Mister Ski

that orange on yours is RIDICULOUS. way too strong. im NERVOUS now. no way i can accept that. seems like the orange glow effect is very different from piece to piece. the guy who posted above you on this page has a much more muted orange glow. yours looks like a paint job on a dodge challenger....wow...

id get a replacement. no way im accepting that.

If you just want a classic representation of Vader, I don't think Mythos is the way to go. A classic portrayal is not the point. But a Vader standing inches from a river of magma and the red and orange reflecting in his armor? That's what's unique about this image of him.

Lighting and camera has EVERYTHING to say with how this effect is portrayed in pictures. Ski's Vader does not look like that in person, 100% guaranteed.

One thing that came to mind though since someone mentioned their number, does anyone if product numbers are given on a first come, first served basis in the ordering process, or are they just given randomly at the warehouse? In other words, if you PO a piece the first minute it appears on SSC's website, will you be guaranteed a very low number or could you just as well get no. 5000?

I guess the lava glow on the helmet is subjective. All I can say is that I love mine. When you see it in person, it looks fantastic.

Just got mine
its huge!!!
love it!!
the orange does not bother me
its a nice effect!!
very happy..still want the corrected fist though

One thing that came to mind though since someone mentioned their number, does anyone if product numbers are given on a first come, first served basis in the ordering process, or are they just given randomly at the warehouse? In other words, if you PO a piece the first minute it appears on SSC's website, will you be guaranteed a very low number or could you just as well get no. 5000?

Its all random. I ordered Vader first day and got #352 (or something close to that) and I probably got the last Grey Hulk Comiquette they had in stock and I got # 5.

And its so fantastic that (to me at least) these things are getting better and better with each release. I can't wait for wave 2.

Watching all these pictures I will pass on this piece.. the "glow" effect bothers me to much... specially the dot on the helmet

I want to buy Sauron, I still may, but I hate the effect. I'm sold with the Re-Painted Sauron. Sad when ppl have to re-paint the statues.

I think Vader is 10x worse. The helmet he is holding is the Killer with that big Yellow Blob. The reflection of light should be less the higher u go up.

Vader looks like crap. I'm a completists so he will be in my collection. Hopefully mine will have bad paint apps, and the yellow glow isn't so bad. Fingers crossed.

I don't know what to tell ya but Sauron looks great. The effect came out great. I love the paint job on mine. The repaint looks alright but I think the original is better. Nobody has to repaint Sauron they might choose to but the paint job does not call for it at all.

Again, I disagree. Vader pics taken in proper lighting it looks exactly as it should.

With all the pics I've seen and the various lighting, I think I will be ordering Vader once SS makes public what they intend to do about the arm.

He looks great to me and I will proudly display him next to Kenobi.

Group shot!
usepytyq.jpg

I talked to SS via chat, & they communicated my complain regarding the fist arm to the manager! I hope everyone complain about this, who knows, they might listen.

This looks amazing.... makes me reconsider picking up Maul

I don't know what to tell ya but Sauron looks great. The effect came out great. I love the paint job on mine. The repaint looks alright but I think the original is better. Nobody has to repaint Sauron they might choose to but the paint job does not call for it at all.

Again, I disagree. Vader pics taken in proper lighting it looks exactly as it should.

Sauron looks more like Annoying Orange then the ruler of the One Ring. It is just dumb looking, the orange effect is sil......

Just kidding. I think Sauron turned out fantastic. The paint apps on him as well as Vader look just fine. SS really pulled off the effect IMO.

Sauron looks more like Annoying Orange then the ruler of the One Ring. It is just dumb looking, the orange effect is sil......

Just kidding. I think Sauron turned out fantastic. The paint apps on him as well as Vader look just fine. SS really pulled off the effect IMO.

Yeah, I think they did. I had faith and I'm glad in the end it turned out as well as I could have hoped.

Not to talk about Sauron in the Vader thread but is he now your fav. LOTR piece

He's up there. He's my favorite SS solo LOTR piece for sure. I'd say my favorite piece is my custom Red Book of Westmarch I got earlier this year.

This looks amazing.... makes me reconsider picking up Maul

Maul is cool, & I think he is underrated. sure the statue in not complex & detailed as the others & hence the price difference :)

usepytyq.jpg

Seriously I just had a Star Wargasm

LOL thanks bro glad u like it :)

regarding the paint, IDK, it may not look very good in pics but in hand it looks pretty nice. Vader for me is in the same league of Obi.

I posted on their FB page & they acted like this is new to them, they advise to contact CS via email. lets see what they have to say :mad:

2ehegy2a.jpg

& yes, this is exactly how I feel about the wrong fist arm.
ruja8yma.jpg

Back