Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

hmmmm the fist is a shame but the statue itself still looks great and I was planning on displaying it Hamlet style.

I'm going to wait on word from SSC to see what I do.

Group shot!
usepytyq.jpg

I talked to SS via chat, & they communicated my complain regarding the fist arm to the manager! I hope everyone complain about this, who knows, they might listen.

Fantastic shot, they look great together. My Vader will be here tomorrow :)

wow what a great shot Hemooo !!! Love it !

I've been looking at all the pics over the past few days and I think this piece looks amazing. Granted, the fist arm being done incorrectly is a big let down, however, IMHO that fist pose has been done so much already.

This statue was designed as Vader looking into his own eyes reflecting on what he had become. I honestly believe the switch-out pieces were an afterthought. Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning what SS has done by delivering a product different from what was shown.

Love that group shot Hemooo!

Here are a few pics I snapped after unboxing number 169 today. First thoughts: The statue is great. This is my first Vader statue as I don't own the PF and I am more than satisfied with how it turned out. The lava paint also looks really good as well and looks even better in person. As others have mentioned, the fist situation is a bit of a let down but I had no intentions of displaying him that way myself. What I think bothers me the most is that both unmasked heads eyes don't line up with the helmet that he's supposed to be looking at...however at the angle that the statue will be displayed on my shelf, this won't be an issue because you can't tell.

DSC01731_zps123dd80e.jpg

DSC01738_zpsf3fa378b.jpg

DSC01733_zps6b1c80e6.jpg

DSC01757_zpsd93df5f4.jpg

DSC01729_zpscd1104f9.jpg

DSC01753_zps96fd14ba.jpg

Last edited:

great pics JonZ! I just wish everyone who receive this statue do complain to SS about the arm. Such a great potential pose ruined

I really think the third pose is ridiculous. What a waste! It's a shame the product delivered doesn't match the photos on SSC.

I still can't believe Sideshow hasn't come out with a statement with a plan for the issue. I have seen posts on their Facebook as early as Saturday morning talking about the issue, so I know they have known about it for a few days now.

I sent them am email on Sunday morning about the arm and have not heard back yet.... we'll see.

This statue arrived today and it is the quintessential Darth Vader for me. Sideshow did a great job on the sculpt and paint apps. I love the glowing lava reflection!! It looks soooo good. I would have bought this statue with only the Sebastian Shaw head and him holding his helmet. This pose alone conveys the powerful, tragic story that is Darth Vader. The rest of the poses are all bonus to me and I do hope Sideshow does something about the fist arm for all those out there who like that pose the best, but for me this is the pose I like best. I really can't say enough good about this statue. Here are some pics of #0036/5000, but first a little mood music.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAGAoy5WZWY[/ame]

Looking at helmet w/ Sebastian Shaw head (Hayden Christiansen head means nothing to me)

Dark Contemplations...

Helmet head w/lightsaber

Helmet head w/ fist arm

"Would you like a warm towel sir?"

It looks great on Sauron and came out great on Vader. Different strokes I suppose but as someone who has Sauron and took some damn good shots I can assure you it is a great effect.

I want to buy Sauron, I still may, but I hate the effect. I'm sold with the Re-Painted Sauron. Sad when ppl have to re-paint the statues.

I think Vader is 10x worse. The helmet he is holding is the Killer with that big Yellow Blob. The reflection of light should be less the higher u go up.

Vader looks like crap. I'm a completists so he will be in my collection. Hopefully mine will have bad paint apps, and the yellow glow isn't so bad. Fingers crossed.

oh my god...Mister Ski

that orange on yours is RIDICULOUS. way too strong. im NERVOUS now. no way i can accept that. seems like the orange glow effect is very different from piece to piece. the guy who posted above you on this page has a much more muted orange glow. yours looks like a paint job on a dodge challenger....wow...

id get a replacement. no way im accepting that.

Back