Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

The contracted ended between Sideshow and Weta. That's why the line died.

I thought the point was earlier was that the SS/Weta haf had been losing it's value.

Depends on if you're a fan of The Lord of the Rings or not. SW for me has a much higher chance of dying out than The Lord of the Rings. These films are still very popular. Its just easier I think to maybe get into SW since they're by nature a more simple material than The Lord of the Rings. Are we really going to use Clerks 2 as the hard evidence of truth? :lol

If you mean dying out for you personally then of course I agree with you. I think that is what happened with me with LOTR a bit. But 37 years later and SW is as popular as ever and will boom again with the new films. But I think you were talking about yourself. Which is cool.

Fandom for The Lord of the Rings has been around for quite some time. It started with the books and has continued through the movies. I think the lasting power depends on what you're a fan of. SW has been turned into every kind of collectible (they've been action figures around since the 70's) while The Lord of the Rings has stayed statues (and only been around for 12 years). Some of the most expsensive pieces from the SSW series are worth more than any SW statue I've seen in the last 10+ years. In the end I don't care if its huge or not. I just want great items representing the ficitional universe I loev the most.

I know Fandom has been around for LOTR for some time. It's just does not seem as rabid as it is for SW.

I agree that the SSW stuff or any of the LOTR stuff can keep or increase it's value. Like we both said, it has been limited to statues.

As far as holding value the old action figures have but most of the newer stuff has fallen into the same hole as most items put out. They might start off hot but eventually fall off. Star Wars wise its the vintage stuff that has really held its value and for The Lord of the Rings its been stuff like The Balrog, Cave Troll, etc that have really stayed well above. I can tell you that there is more than that though which goes for above retail on ebay. So both have their highs and lows in that regards.

I just figured I'd kick in some POV from a different perspective. :lol

Get into the universe more. There's a lot of info for you to explore.

Yeah SW has overloaded the market but that is because the demand is still there. They can't give away The Hobbit toys ;)

But let me stress again. I love LOTR. It is the 2nd best trilogy for me and after the Hobbit is done it will be the best overall saga. PT really sucks :(. But I loved reading what you had to say The Josh.

I think that's the key. For someone like myself and others who are fans of Middle-earth there are lots of great characters. Star Wars has three great characters Obi-Wan, Vader, and Yoda. The rest are just good at least for me. That being said I enjoy both with one obviously being a bit higher on the scale. :lol

For the record I have this on order because this item is going to be all kinds of awesome. :rock

I agree. It is where it all depends on the individual. I just think there are more individuals who love SW more :)

But like I said. I love both also.

R2-D2 kicks everyone's butt in SW and LOTR :)

I thoroughly enjoy LOTR and SW. I think a major deciding factor for most of us was we grew up with SW where LOTR was geared toward a bit older age (at least until you could fully understand it).

The characters in SW were instantly people I could relate with where LOTR it wasn't quite the case. At least not until I was much older and able to comprehend the story that much better.

I thought the point was earlier was that the SS/Weta haf had been losing it's value.

I was answering as to why the line ended. It wasn't for the lack of support. Many of us were really bummed out when the line ended because it was selling really well both on the first and secondary markets.

If you mean dying out for you personally then of course I agree with you. I think that is what happened with me with LOTR a bit. But 37 years later and SW is as popular as ever and will boom again with the new films. But I think you were talking about yourself. Which is cool.

I was referring to myself. I was saying if one of the two was going to die out it would be SW over anything Middle-earth. SW is very popular still. I don't think anyone is going to argue that and having new films helps that a bit.

I know Fandom has been around for LOTR for some time. It's just does not seem as rabid as it is for SW.

I think that might be a bit of judging a book by its cover. What I'm saying is fandom for Middle-earth is quite strong within the fanbase. If you're talking about just the generic movie goer then its not as much.

I agree that the SSW stuff or any of the LOTR stuff can keep or increase it's value. Like we both said, it has been limited to statues. [/quote

Being limited to statues can limit the market a bit. I mean when the SSW line was coming out they cost $125 for a basic statue. For some folks thats a lot of action figures.

Yeah SW has overloaded the market but that is because the demand is still there. They can't give away The Hobbit toys ;)

There are lots of people who will buy anything with the SW name on it that's for sure. :lol I don't know about that. The line is doing alright. :yess:

But let me stress again. I love LOTR. It is the 2nd best trilogy for me and after the Hobbit is done it will be the best overall saga. PT really sucks :(. But I loved reading what you had to say The Josh.

I understand. I'm not trying to come across with my dander up. :lol SW is awesome. I love watching them when I'm in the mood (all six of them). For me nothing tops The Lord of the Rings and I'm sure when The Hobbit is done all six films based in Middle-earth. The PT isn't that bad. I like a decent chunk of it. Thanks! I just wanted to add a different POV.

I agree. It is where it all depends on the individual. I just think there are more individuals who love SW more :)

But like I said. I love both also.

R2-D2 kicks everyone's butt in SW and LOTR :)

I don't know. SW is such a vocal fanbase and fans of Middle-earth is a much more reserved fanbase its hard to tell to be honest. Either way its about loving that universe.

R2 is another great one within SW. :rock

Have to admit, the idea that there are 4,999 other Vader's cheapens this for me... On the fence to cancel pre-order.

Have to admit, the idea that there are 4,999 other Vader's cheapens this for me... On the fence to cancel pre-order.

I was thinking this for a while but then saw there are 7500 total batman's between ex and regular and decided this didn't bother me anymore. This statue looks amazing still can't wait to get it in my collection. Should sell well being vador!!!

looks like the first batch got sold out and now they do the second batch.. its kind of very unprofessional for sideshow.. looks like they need a bigger warehouse!

looks like the first batch got sold out and now they do the second batch.. its kind of very unprofessional for sideshow.. looks like they need a bigger warehouse!

Ya total bummer when I ordered said in stock and shipping this month. Interesting how they build them in batches also. Kind of makes since so they don't have to pay for a big inventory that may not sell... Wonder if they ever lowered a ES because they didn't sell like they expected.

I'm really drawn to this statue... I love the deep thought and self reflection Vader has looking into the eyes of his helmet. I'm drawn to it. It speaks volumes to me. I just wish the Edition size wasn't so large. I don't think they'll sell out on this for many many years since they cost so much... But I will get one for myself!

You should buy a statue because you like it not just because there are only a few, I wouldn't buy a Rembrandt for £30 million just because there is one I'd have to like it as well, personally I'd rather spend £29 million on drink and women and then I'd waste the other £1 million:yess:

You should buy a statue because you like it not just because there are only a few, I wouldn't buy a Rembrandt for £30 million just because there is one I'd have to like it as well, personally I'd rather spend £29 million on drink and women and then I'd waste the other £1 million:yess:

So you're saying Vader should cost less so we can spend more on drink and women? :yess:

What was wrong with the hand? I had ordered, but late, and now mine's in the second batch as well. So good for me, maybe?

Back