Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

I applaud SS for taking the risk in trying a new kind of paint application; but they should try to sort out the other paint issues before introducing something new.

Also, not sure it's best to try this on Vader (a very good seller) and Sauron PF right out of the gate.

Based solely on the few photos:

1) This statue looks great, the paint and quality is almost on par with attakus.

2) The many switchout parts are all pretty unique and useful, i dont think there is ever an uncovered vader head in a highend statue (besides the cm 1:2 version)

3) Statue also has one of the better poses, and the one holding the helmet is rather unique (although not very practical but lets not open that box again).

4) Orange glow is a MAJOR MAJOR concern, why does sideshow want to create more headache for itself, instead of just paint it normal safe black like a sane person would do. Dont they know the type of ****ty paint quality their own products usually have. And even if it comes out perfect, i am still not sure i like painted orange color on his traditional black cape. It is very difficult to do bright orange on black cape correctly to look like lava reflections.

Seriously sideshow, if you are reading this just scrap the orange color instead of risking ruining a perfectly good statue. Noone wants it, and it will save you money/time.

5) $350 is pf price, but given the many switchouts and rather complicated sculpt, i have no outrage.

6) Given the thousands ES at min, the high risk orange paint, and zero risk of selling out. The logical thing to do is wait for inhand photos before placing the order, which is exactly what i am going to do.

I would say no one wants the glow effect.. I really really like it! I'm just concerned if they can pull it off.

If all goes well the look looks great. I thought so anyways seeing it last year at comic-con.

I don't think the paint is a bad idea, just a matter of execution on the final product is in question.

The effect looks great on the proto, I just hope that Sideshow can deliver on the production run.

Regardless...I'm still POing this bad boy on day one. :D

That is the key. It has to be pulled off in production especially on characters like this or the Sauron PF.

I would say no one wants the glow effect.. I really really like it! I'm just concerned if they can pull it off.

I'm not a fan of it on the new pics. Before the orange felt more subdued like the intended reflection of lava. Now it looks much more 'painted on'.

Maybe I will be the sacrificial lamb on this since everyone else is waiting for in hand pics :)

from Sideshow:The Darth Vader Mythos Statue will include the following:

Sebastian Shaw and Hayden Christensen interchangeable portraits.
Helmeted Head
Right hand holding a lightsaber
Right hand clenched Fist
Right hand holding a Helmet

DarthVaderMythos_zps24ef44c3.jpg

marvin21_zps4b9edd83.gif

Back