Darth Malgus - Sideshow 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I suppose his unlit saber cannot be attached to the belt, right? (sorry if it has been asked before)

Got mine! Just snapped a quick pic..

null_zps8d0dea2d.jpg

Love him but man the joints are a pain. Loosened the knees up but one seems to not want to straighten all the way and likes to spring back a bit when you bend it. Guess I'll be taking everything off to check the body out. One of the lower legs was out of the socket, but I got it back in.

What kind of mods have people been doing? May as well while the armor is off :p

Love the look of the figure but I would never get him at that price. Just not into the EU enough to pay that much.

Has anyone tried him without much of his armor? He seems a bit too bulky, especially the arms and legs. Just wondering if taking off the armor would help.

Love the look of the figure but I would never get him at that price. Just not into the EU enough to pay that much.

Has anyone tried him without much of his armor? He seems a bit too bulky, especially the arms and legs. Just wondering if taking off the armor would help.

I Think this guy is worth every republic credit. He has GREAT PRESENCE on the shelf as strong as VADER or YODA he TRULEY stands out in the collection. As for the armor he just needs to flex a few time's around and move's fine. Also as there is no belt realy maybe could just use a small magnet to mod onto the belt area, so could hang his saber hilt. Once again love this guy and worth every republic credit, get him before disapears in lightspeed fashion into another galaxy.

I just mean that I would be more inclined to purchase the figure if he were a lot less, given that my interest in the EU is limited. Unfortunately the ever rising prices of this hobby cuts out any impulse buys.

Opened him up today along with Vader. Vader underwhelmed me (partially because of QC issues) but Malgus looks excellent. When I put his mask on and he looked at me with those Sith eyes, man, he's creepy!

Opened him up today along with Vader. Vader underwhelmed me (partially because of QC issues) but Malgus looks excellent. When I put his mask on and he looked at me with those Sith eyes, man, he's creepy!

plwase a comparison picture side by side im dying to see them together!

So shock horror my retailer (UK based) has charged me for Malgus today and I should have him on Monday. :yess:

Has anyone else who ordered him from a UK retailer been notified yet?

And so the busy few months of 1/6 figures coming my way starts. :panic:

So my Darth Malgus figure arrived today, I thought Monday but hey I ain't complaining. :yess:

I have just literally opened him up and he looks badass. I need to get use to his body as I think that the heavy armour is holding back some of the joints such as the elbows and knees.

Anyway just a quick update on him as I'm going to have a proper look at him now but so far he is great.

PS - My most hated SSC Star Wars 1/6 figure hood thus far was the Darth Maul one but Darth Malgus may become the new number one, the thing is so far a pain in the ***.

Here is some pics -

Finally got around to opening mine. I looked at it put it back in the box, I am underwhelmed for the price the tailoring even the paint apps aren't better. I don't buy many SS products but I have Vader, Hoth Han and Luke on pre order. If Vader rolls in and gives the same vibe, l'll be canceling the remaining orders. :-(

I had to cancel, but hopefully will pick him up later
looks great

That is sad to hear mate and hopefully you can pick him up later on down the road. I'm sure he will be around for a while yet.

Looking good Sidious! Congrats!

Thanks buddy.

Finally got around to opening mine. I looked at it put it back in the box, I am underwhelmed for the price the tailoring even the paint apps aren't better. I don't buy many SS products but I have Vader, Hoth Han and Luke on pre order. If Vader rolls in and gives the same vibe, l'll be canceling the remaining orders. :-(

I was initially like that for a few minutes this afternoon but I have soon come to like this figure a lot.

I do wish his eyes and skin were more like the box art.

I like the eyes/skin colour on the figure but the box art rocks.

Nice pics Sidious! Really digging that box art too.

Thanks mate.

As I said I did have a little bit of doubt with him but his little flaws soon iron themselves out and I can say he will look great with my other Star Wars SITH figures. My main gripes are -

1 - The hood
2 - Because of the huge shoulder armour the head can look small from certain angles, especially when displayed without his mask.
3 - It takes awhile to get used to the body because of the restrictions with the suit/armour
4 - Why were there no instructions with this guy?

Some new pics -

The paint apps on this one looks far far superior to the vader head

That's not saying much. I too have Malgus and am a bit disappointed in the paint apps. Sloppy. His hood is staying up and his ventilator is staying on to cover most of the face. Looks great that way.

Edit: no belt hanger for his lightsaber hilt makes no sense to me. What does he do with it when he's not cutting down Jedi? That's one mod I'm going to be doing with the extra Bespin Luke saber clip.

Back