Darth Malgus - Sideshow 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I havent decided yet. Not sure how the under suit is removed. If it's easily done I may do it just to see how it looks. Possibly use a ttm regular body. Definitely going to see about making a wired cape though and about to finish my lighted base. Pics to come.

That is good to hear mate. Keep us posted.

Thanks for the info Sidious.
He still looks great from all the pics I've seen.

Just not sure if I should get involved in another line or not...arrggghhh decisions!! lol

Neil

I just stick to the characters from SW that I really like so that it doesn't get out of hand. Maybe you should buy Malgus and then see where you go from there mate.

That is awesome mate. Malgus is looking badass and also nice futzing with the hood. :clap

That base is really nice, great work!

I just got my malgus today and really dig him. I need to find a good pose for him still, but this is where he's at right now:

Congratulations on the purchase buddy. :hi5: I love Darth Sidious looking cunning in the background.

He is very cool i love everything but the lit up saber is far too chunky and i with they had stuck with the original thinner blades or done a merger of the 2. The colour of the lit up blade is very nice though.

Also i think it's about time they improved their bodies i really dislike the Prometheus and any SS bodies tbh. They never articulate very well and the knee's are horrid. That said he is a great fig and once futzed looks great.

I agree once you futz him and get him in a killer pose, Malgus is great. :yess:

I just stick to the characters from SW that I really like so that it doesn't get out of hand. Maybe you should buy Malgus and then see where you go from there mate.

That would be the plan but I already have about 4/5 figures I really want lol

I think I'm going to see how money goes this month & if I have enough spare I'll probably grab myself a Malgus, he just looks too good & seeing other peoples pictures makes it harder to pass him up.

Neil

Thanks man! Probably most of the time I spend with this figure is futzing with the hood. Kind of hard to get the sides to lay as flat as possible.

I'm actually in the middle of swapping out the body to an older hot toys body. Going pretty smooth except the ball joint head and maybe ankles have to be modified.

So I finished the body transfer! Swaped it for a hot toys body and kept the wrist pegs and ankle pegs so he still has the height. Had to dremel the wrist openings and add plastic to the ankles. Also shaved some of the top of the bicep armor to it's less in the way. So now he's got double jointed elbows and legs and can now reach all the way to hid face, something that was impossible before. The next step, a wired cape. Loving this figure even more now!

Very impressive DarkSpartan. Love those final poses. Not really played around too much with Malgus range of motion yet but I have thought about cutting the body armor to give more waist articulation.

That would be the plan but I already have about 4/5 figures I really want lol

I think I'm going to see how money goes this month & if I have enough spare I'll probably grab myself a Malgus, he just looks too good & seeing other peoples pictures makes it harder to pass him up.

Neil

Yeah that sounds the best option mate. SW collecting can lead to a long and expensive slope.

Thanks man! Probably most of the time I spend with this figure is futzing with the hood. Kind of hard to get the sides to lay as flat as possible.

I'm actually in the middle of swapping out the body to an older hot toys body. Going pretty smooth except the ball joint head and maybe ankles have to be modified.

You did a great job with the hood buddy. Also I have seen your body swap mod and he looks sweet. I think I will just leave him stock for the moment.

Thanks! He is still an amazing figure right out of the box. One of the few figures to me that looks great in any pose, very eye catching.

Wow man. Agreed on your great work with the hood. I've been futzing with that thing for an hour trying to get it to look right. Once I get one side looking good, the other side goes wonky. May end up just removing the wire completely. I wonder if that would work?

Wow man. Agreed on your great work with the hood. I've been futzing with that thing for an hour trying to get it to look right. Once I get one side looking good, the other side goes wonky. May end up just removing the wire completely. I wonder if that would work?

That sounds interesting and I agree the hood is a pain in the arse to futz.

I mentioned it before, but anyone curious about how he would look without his bicep and thigh armor? Just to slim down his look a bit?

Back