Darth Malgus - Sideshow 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahahahah. I would've gotten the thing, gutted it and have Hoth Luke sleeping in it. If I was rich of course.
Yeah that was eons ago. It would be amazing if they actually just went and did it.
From Ikea as well. So you can just pick the two up at the same time. Detolfs and Dioders. They do have a sale once in a while, so try look out for those.
Arghh....the $150 offer is calling to me. Hahahaa. Damn it Malgus! Now that I look at the pictures. His breather mask actually looks awesome with his hood up. Hmm....

Lol yeah... I'm not rich either, so I'll pass. It would be cool if someone on here was daring enough to try it. I'd look in that thread. :p

Very cool. I'm lucky I have an Ikea near me. I'll def pick it up soon. Apparently it would cost $250 to ship it to me...

NICEEEEE Go for it! The sculpt is sooo good! :D
How much longer is the offer good for? $150 is a good offer. Is it new or exclusive?

Lucky. The nearest Ikea from me is about an hour and a half's drive away. So if I'm going, I gotta really know what to buy. Hahah.
Well the offer stands until December, so I have about a month and a half to go to decide whether I want it or not. We'll see how it goes. It's the new by the way. Kinda hard to get the exclusives here at my place. Since SS don't ship stuff here (I think).

Lol its the same for me. 1.5-2 hours by car. I guess we have different definitions of close by. :lol

Thats a very convenient offer. Its good though. You won't have to read and watch reviews very quickly to impulse buy it hahah. Ohh did you try ebay? Thats where I got mine.

Very different I guess. Well, Malaysia is a pretty small country. And when I was in the States, I could feel the vastness of the roads. Straight down to the horizon, which makes me miss doing roadtrips with friends.

I might try eBay. But shipping is gonna be a bish. I might try finding it used or loose. Gonna display him anyways. And I have all the compartments needed to store the accessories.

Ohh I'm sure it is. Yeah the US is pretty large. I'm used to driving long distances.

Oh wow I can't imagine how much shipping would cost. Where do you usually get your collectibles from?

There are a myriad of online stores and local stores. But they usually try to rip people off. Some people actually do buy at scalped prices. So I try my best to avoid those and find some at SRP or at least PO prices.
Not a lot of people buy high end Star Wars figures though. So it's really hard to find used or loose stuff.

There are a myriad of online stores and local stores. But they usually try to rip people off. Some people actually do buy at scalped prices. So I try my best to avoid those and find some at SRP or at least PO prices.
Not a lot of people buy high end Star Wars figures though. So it's really hard to find used or loose stuff.

Can't you buy from SS directly?

Can't you buy from SS directly?
They don't ship most stuff to my place though. Thus it's always such a pain for me whenever I see SS exclusive pieces.

When sellers bring them in here, they mark up the exclusives by about $50 or more. Sometimes even up by $100. Ridiculous.

Gees that sucks. Have you thought about proxy buying? That's what I do for some Japan only items I buy.

Gees that sucks. Have you thought about proxy buying? That's what I do for some Japan only items I buy.
Tried it once. About the same as scalper prices too. So meh, I don't really mind it. I have had some pretty good luck getting stuff at darn good prices. I have the patience. I hope.

If I wanted to get a darth maul figure, should I try for the sideshow, or is the 1999 hasbro with speeder bike a good alternative? I was looking at it and it looks pretty good.

Rebelscum.com: Photo Archive

Sideshow all the way. The Hasbro with the Bloodfin is meh. I'd probably get it purely for Bloodfin and not Maul himself. First release was kinda funky lookin, second release actually looks like he's a prankster. Maybe proper posing and stuff would make it infinitely better. Some reviews don't really try hard.

Haha, yeah I thought more about it and went with sideshow. The head sculpt looks like him, but if his personality was replaced with the Joker. And his hands and feet look inflated lol. Even the bloodfin is kinda meh. One side looks good and the other side is all screws. And its hollow..

I started bidding on a darth maul on ebay. If it doesn't work out, theres a new one for $100. Is that a good price for it?

Lol. It'll be nice as a backdrop. It's alright for brand new. Try to look flr the Inclusive Edition if you can. Comes with the two split sabers. Gives a lot more options for displaying. Got mine for $90 used, and inclusive edition. So yeah. Don't go north of $130 though. That's way too much. For me anyways.

Yeah the one I'm bidding on is exclusive. Its got another day on it.
The other two aren't exclusive.

Ok I think my max is $100. Any more than that and I'd have buyers remorse lol.

And my dooku shipped with 2 day shipping! So I should have malgus tomorrow, and dooku on weds :lol

Now I'm trying to get Maul. The addiction is real.

Haven't had buyer's remorse for a while. All the stuff I recently bought are really pretty awesome.
Hahahaha. Sweet. Although I do have to say the body on these damn old Sideshow figures are so flimsy. I've seen switched bodies and they look absolutely stunning. So I just might do that for some of my figures. Especially the acrobatic ones.

Next, go and get the CCFL sabers for all your siths. Lol

lol and I thought I was the bad influence... Let me just get all the figs first.. After Dooku, Malgus, and Maul, I'll need Vader and Grievous. I really hope HT makes Sidious. I don't care much for the SS version. Head sculpt is so bleh. And there's no clothes. Just a robe, head, hands, and a creepy toy body..

One figure I haven't had even a penny's worth of buyers remorse on? Naked Snake Hot Toys. Looking at it right now. So good. :p

And idk about swapping bodies. Does it really make a difference? I'm just getting them for display. And its an added cost.

Ahhaahaha. You could get the throne from SS. If HT does it, it'll cost a bomb. But it's rare now, so maybe it'll be about the same. Who knows.
And most of the Metal Gear aficionados hate the HT Naked Snake. But I love the headsculpt.
It makes a difference in dynamic posing. But if you're putting them in museum poses, it's not really necessary.

LMAO yeah... i don't have $800. I was curious and checked last night. I'll wait and see what HT does.

Psh. Idk whats not to like. The head sculpt is the best part of the whole fig. Its pretty much like "what if Big Boss was a real person." I really love that approach. If they want "video game accuracy," go get the meh medicom figs. Its good to have variety.

Oh haha yeah I think its going to be static poses that just look cool or menacing. Kinda like what you did. I like that a lot. Thanks though. I was thinking about at least replacing dooku's body because of the hands. I'm not sure yet.

Back