Darth Malgus - Sideshow 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just purchased this figure with feb code. I cant wait to receive it! SideShow is killing my wallet with this, vader, and grievous.

Does anyone else find the boots kind of a ***** to work with? They're to stiff to allow any real poseability, which i'm usually fine with, but paradoxically they're also rubbery enough that in most stance they can't support the weight of the figure. It's like trying to pose a figure that has marshmallows for feet.

Does anyone else find the boots kind of a ***** to work with? They're to stiff to allow any real poseability, which i'm usually fine with, but paradoxically they're also rubbery enough that in most stance they can't support the weight of the figure. It's like trying to pose a figure that has marshmallows for feet.

Yeah, I think they're a bit of a pain. I was surprised at the use of soft plastic for his gear. Particularly when I compare with the Fetts. Just seems kinda relatively cheap. That said, damned fine-looking figure.

My question: anyone try to substitute prometheus body with a TTM-20? I know a few have used for Vader - just wondering if anyone's tried for Malgus.

Yeah, I think they're a bit of a pain. I was surprised at the use of soft plastic for his gear. Particularly when I compare with the Fetts. Just seems kinda relatively cheap. That said, damned fine-looking figure.

My question: anyone try to substitute prometheus body with a TTM-20? I know a few have used for Vader - just wondering if anyone's tried for Malgus.

Might be a bit too big. A Storm Shadow body might do the trick.

Hey guys, question from someone who's never bought a 1:6 scale figure yet.
I'm interested in Malgus, but I'd really like to recreate my main SWTOR character to put next to him. I might try to find a Cavill bootleg head for it or something. The rest would be easy with a jedi robe and clone armour.

Whatever you do, DON'T buy a Cavill bootleg.
That head is gigantic.
You will easily be able to find something else.
Just go to Ebay, and search "1/6 hot toys head"
It will contain many pages of results.
But for $30 or less, you will get something that looks good and you will like and will fit right onto the neck of a SW Clone figure.

Oh that's great advice man, cheers!:)

If you can indeed buy jedi robes isolated, I think the purple lightsaber is going to be the biggest problem... As I'm not gonna buy an entire mace windu just for a saber and a cloak.

If only they'd just make Revan, he deserved to be made more than Malgus imo.

Oh that's great advice man, cheers!:)

If you can indeed buy jedi robes isolated, I think the purple lightsaber is going to be the biggest problem... As I'm not gonna buy an entire mace windu just for a saber and a cloak.

You can get Jedi clothing on Ebay.
If you don't need your sabers lit up, you can make them from anything and just paint them purple.
I made a custom Saber hilt and blade from aluminium for a Jedi i made a while back(Ignore the *suit* in the first few pics. I hadn't got the Jedi costume at that point). I just painted the alu blue for the blade.

1A6AB3D8-76DA-46CD-87D4-C8BD31F32CB4.jpg

C540FBA9-1E69-4384-9D35-3AE235D81ECB.jpg

E4025AE7-8CAA-461D-AF3A-C603B41DA885.jpg

4F72A684-0571-4089-BF7C-FAEF7BB85920.jpg

00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000C39C.jpg

00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000C39D.jpg

00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000C3AC.jpg

00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000C3AD.jpg

00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000C49B.jpg

00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000C49E.jpg

Hm, the saber thing doesn't work for me, all standard blades are white at the core, only the hue is coloured. Translucency deals with that okay enough (though it's still not that good).

But thanks for the tip. I don't know yet. If only the 6" black series would release mace windu and Malgus, I'd be content with that scale to be honest.

Is there any chance of a sideshow Revan ever seeing a release? Or is that like, no way in hell?

Time for an announcement SSC, Sith Troopers or Shae, make it happen. :lecture

I planed to photograph Darth Malgus far before i got him, I thougt that if I custom a Old Republic Jedi for malgus's rival will be great and fun :)
So I asked my friend to customized that the Jedi one, here is him and one of the behind the scene pic :)

Back