Darth Malgus - Sideshow 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Malgus

I don't like this character enough to get a life sized or a PF, but it looks like a great figure. I will likely get it.

They're really pushing this Vader knock-off. The "Jango" of Vaders. Should really be Darth Bane.

The SDCC piece looked excellent. I don't expect the real production piece to be of that quality.

I actually really like this piece but it would be so out of place in my collection. I will use the force to resist.

I couldn't agree more. If we new SS was doing more EU characters I might re think this, but for now.. one EU sith lord would look off.

pretty sure we will see more EU sith from sideshow. They did say long ago that they would be doing more.

Expecting one day to see Revan, Malik, Rule 63 Darth maul and Kryat.

Revan becuase he's insanely popular, Malik to go with Revan, and Kryat becuase sideshow has already told us they love his design.

this guy is cool as hell looking, but hes from a video game. makes it hard to consider him part of the SW universe. plus, isnt it from a period set thousands of years before Ep1? i wanna get him for his cool factor, but my purist side isnt having it. its too bad...damn you, me.

That looks fantastic. Sideshow is really stepping it up as of late. I think they are trying to match Hot Toys quality so they can command Hot Toys pricing. I hope they make a Satele Shan 1:6.

This looks great. :D Well if the face isn't photoshopped that is.

If they get the hooded malgus silhouette right, I might pick this up. :)
I was never a fan of the PF's pose.

That looks fantastic. Sideshow is really stepping it up as of late. I think they are trying to match Hot Toys quality so they can command Hot Toys pricing. I hope they make a Satele Shan 1:6.

:goodpost: One of my biggest character requests.

TOR_Satele_Shan.JPG

Last edited:

Shae Vizla would be great to go with him, especially considering SSC has the new female body, would love to see some troopers as well, love the look of the SW:TOR stuff.

Shae Vizla would be great to go with him, especially considering SSC has the new female body, would love to see some troopers as well, love the look of the SW:TOR stuff.

Hell, I would love to see some female SW characters from SS period. Who was the last? Leia or Aayla?

Oh, and yes, give me Shae in 1/6 to go with Malgus.

TOR has some of the best character designs. Too bad the game sucks. :lol
It could've been very popular otherwise, and we would be getting all sorts of collectibles from SSC.

Why does the game suck?
I've never played, but I hate when the game movies are better than the game!

There are the MASSIVE continuity errors and some weird art decisions, but I'm not going to get into those, as they're mostly excuseable.

Poor design Decisions. It's missing features That are standard in just about every other MMO, and being forced to play catch-up.
The different planets, with two exceptions ( hoth, and tatioone) Feel extremely Small and claustorphobic. Like an old 50's B movie set, instead of a sprawling world. I constantly get the fealing that the buildings are just fake cardboard cutouts. This lends to a disruption of the suspension of disbelief, which in turn can kill your imersion in the game.
The Space combat/outter space parts of the game are a joke.
It's a single player rail shooter. a Damn minigame.
Bioware said they have NO plans to make it more interactive, and multiplayer. Space combat will stay how it is.... Even though MOST of the player base HATES it.
Character customizeation is severely lacking, and all the "different playable races" are just variatons on humans.

Normal humans. Blue humans. Humans with head tails, Humans with horns, humans with horns AND tatto's, Bald humans with Tattoo's, humans with computer parts on their face, etc.
Bioware has also stated that they have NO intention of making the "more alien" races playable, as they don't think real people can relate to a non humanoid avatar. you can get them as "companion characters" ( which, in MMO terms is a Combat pet), but you'll never play as one.

So that means no Rodians, Mon Cal, wookie, sulustan, bothans, Ewoks, ithorian, Hutt, Devorian ( though, they might get an exception, human with horn and weird forehead), Shistavanian, Keldor, Etc as playable races EVER.
You know, all the things that make star wars, uniquely star wars.

Lastly, it's a pretty solid Single player game. and that's one of the BIGGEST problems. It plays, and feels like a single player game with a multiplayer option. Pretty good if you're going Free to play. but NOT worth the monthly subscription fee. an MMO needs to feel VAST, and EPIC, engrossing, and Immersive.

and TOR, simply, isn't.

It's a good game, not a terrible one. A good game with TONS of potential, to be an AMAZING game, but the devs simply refuse to

pretty sure we will see more EU sith from sideshow. They did say long ago that they would be doing more.

Expecting one day to see Revan, Malik, Rule 63 Darth maul and Kryat.

Revan becuase he's insanely popular, Malik to go with Revan, and Kryat becuase sideshow has already told us they love his design.

Oh God yes :pray: Revan in #1 on my most wanted 1/6 SW figures list. I'd also pick up Malak and Nihilus if they ever get made.

:goodpost: One of my biggest character requests.

TOR_Satele_Shan.JPG

Satele Shan would be sweet. I'd love to see Bastila as well.

Darth Revan always seemd like Boba Fett as a Sith.

I have always been partial to Darth Nihilus myself... although one might say he's a Grievous Sith.

Nice find on the pics!

GREAT looking figure. Just don't know if I have a place for this on my shelf. Price and availability will make the decision for me.

The more I look at the pics, the more Malgus just doesn't seem Star Wars to me. He seems like a Hasbro Transformers mishmash design, the kind of hybrid that toy companies come up with. Vader's silhouette made gaudy and techy.

I really appreciate the detailing on the figure itself -- its a fantastic effort -- I'm mostly disturbed by the source itself. Like Jango to Boba, this is just another "version" of a Vader.

I guess it's the lack of originality that ultimately gets me.

Back