Darth Malgus or Kylo Ren?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which figure is better?

• Darth Malgus

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • Kylo Ren

Votes: 26 53.1%

• Total voters

Reikai

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I've already pre-ordered my Sideshow 2015 Darth Vader figure. I would love to collect either Darth Malgus from the Old Republic era or Kylo Ren from the Force Awakens, but can't decide. With only $300.00 left in my spending area, which figure should I buy? I'll let you guys decide, since I'm new here.
I'll buy according to:
-Who's more worth it.

-Who's cooler-looking

-Who's more powerful (lore-wise)
Darth Malgus:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/products/100080-darth-malgus/lg/100080-darth-malgus-002.jpg
Kylo Ren:
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...RvyDwymM:&w=500&h=342&ei=Y6LyVsDyI8ete9LFvNgN

I've been hearing complaints from customers who said Darth Malgus is too short and Kylo Ren's arm zipper is getting stuck all the time.

I guess I don't understand why those criteria are more important to you than simply which character you like better. If you're just going to have two figures, Kylo Ren might be the better companion to Vader. But there's inevitably going to be a better version of Kylo from Hot Toys down the road, whereas Malgus will probably never get another 1:6 scale figure. So maybe you should start with Malgus.

yeah i'd say start with malgus as well because of what Kick said. You know Kylo is going to get multiple versions.

......I love my Darth Malgus. The figure looks great with my other Sith Lords. I can't speak to the QC of the figure, but, Kylo Ren is one of the most limp -wristed villains in Star Wars.

20160110_211011.jpg

Just one question: If you switch the Darth Malgus body with the Lords of the Sith Darth Vader body, does it work? Cause I think Darth Malgus is to short. He's supposed to be over 7 feet.

Maybe. But his mask (if someone picked it up in the chamber) would prolly be the same, and it would cover his scar if he wore it.

Hey bud - I can snap a quick side by side of Kylo and Malgus later when i get home if that'll help you

I've already got the 2008 Darth Vader 1/6 body. Not sure if that body would work if I switched the Darth Malgus body with it.

I have bouth. There bouth awsome, but there will be better versions of kylo. I would say there is a 99.9% chance malgus will ever be made again. I would go for malgus and pick up a kylo from the next two movies. :p

I can get some pics of mine if you want. It is way to short tho :c but i got a custom made Saber for him and he has grate!

I've already got the 2008 Darth Vader 1/6 body. Not sure if that body would work if I switched the Darth Malgus body with it.

I'm pretty sure that won't work. The Malgus body is a modified Prometheus that was tailored to fit beneath that armor of his. (I believe we used a modified Destro body for it, if I'm not mistaken.) Any body you use is going to need a pretty narrow waist. Even then, I'm not sure how it'll play with the body suit, which is pretty tight on the Malgus body. If you choose to go that route, look forward to undertaking some ambitious modifications.

Malgus is fine how he is honestly, looks great on the shelf with all the other red lightsaber dudes. I say get him if you're interested since it's almost guaranteed he wont be made again. Plus he's got a badass lightsaber with knives attached to it lol

I'm pretty sure that won't work. The Malgus body is a modified Prometheus that was tailored to fit beneath that armor of his. (I believe we used a modified Destro body for it, if I'm not mistaken.) Any body you use is going to need a pretty narrow waist. Even then, I'm not sure how it'll play with the body suit, which is pretty tight on the Malgus body. If you choose to go that route, look forward to undertaking some ambitious modifications.

My complaint is only about his short height (his premium format figure is crouched a little with both legs far apart from each other. Vader's premium format figure had legs standing close to each other firmly. Yet despite crouching, Malgus still towers over Vader by a small margin. Their bases are roughly the same height, with Vader's base being 1 centimeter shorter.), so I'l prolly amplify his feet.

Back