Darren Carnall's creative corner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry to have put you through this DarthNeill, lol..... I know you've been pulling your hair out waiting. I just took these photos about an hour ago. For some (annoying) reason virtually none of them turned out with the right colour tone that the real thing has.... hence a few of them are in black and white, 'cause I still liked the pics. Even the colour ones didn't work properly... but it lets you see the paintjob anyway... just a slightly different skin tone in person that's all.

(oh.... and thanks for the comments you guys :bow)

padawan2.jpg

padawan3.jpg

I just stuck it quickly on my Obi-Wan body to have a look....

padawan4.jpg

padawan5.jpg

padawan6.jpg

I'm gonna give it maybe 24 hours to make sure the various layers of varnish/dullcote/eye gloss is fully dry before I pack them up, but basically they'll be on their way to the 2 people waiting after that

hope you enjoy it DarthNeill.... lol

:fireworks:lightsabe:fireworks:inlove

.......................................... completely speechless............................

Don't tell my wife Darren... but I'm quite smitten with you.

(and just for clarification the PHENOMENAL paint job is from Darren but the sculpt is one of sunoch... much respect to both)

WOW...that paint looks friggin bad ass Darren. :google

I like how you placed his eyes.

Unfortunately my Obi-HS is still not painted.....hint

...............................................................:rolleyes: :monkey5

Could you PM me your rate for a HS paint up?

sorry to have put you through this DarthNeill, lol..... I know you've been pulling your hair out waiting. I just took these photos about an hour ago. For some (annoying) reason virtually none of them turned out with the right colour tone that the real thing has.... hence a few of them are in black and white, 'cause I still liked the pics. Even the colour ones didn't work properly... but it lets you see the paintjob anyway... just a slightly different skin tone in person that's all.

(oh.... and thanks for the comments you guys :bow)

padawan2.jpg

padawan3.jpg

I just stuck it quickly on my Obi-Wan body to have a look....

padawan4.jpg

padawan5.jpg

padawan6.jpg

I'm gonna give it maybe 24 hours to make sure the various layers of varnish/dullcote/eye gloss is fully dry before I pack them up, but basically they'll be on their way to the 2 people waiting after that

Wow Darren that looks pretty good :)

:bow :bow :bow thank you guyssssssss

you're way too kind...........

yes to clarify I painted this, but this is sunohc's great sculpt. The detail in this is fabulous, around the eye sockets... the hair... just everywhere. It's astounding in places, and looks great when painted up

It was quite difficult for me to paint though, and took some sneaky painting to make the eyes look 'right' which i had some issues with. But I'm not getting into that here, anyone who has one of these heads will be more than happy with it... and as you can see from all the great photos you've seen on this forum, when it's all painted and figured up, you can certainly tell who it is and it'll look great with Qui-Gon and Maul :D

I love seeing sunohc's new sculpts and i look forward to seeing many more

I'll have some photos soon of a one-off custom sculpt and paint that I've been doing for months and months and months, which is all but finished. And once that (and these obi's) are packed and sent away I can finally start ploughing my way through all the repaints and resculpts I've got lined up to go next ;)

oh, and DarthNeill? .......glad you liked it mt friend :bow

Man I almost expected that top photo to say "But Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future."

Excellent work as usual Darren.

Darren! Those Obis are kick ass! I have three on my desk RIGHT NOW! In progress! And am I glad I saw your's! You set the bar on the paints on these man! I have to do some "sneaky" paints now too!
Super work! Got some excellent paintup pieces there my man. Just rocking. :rock

I do! I do!

How did the drying go?... Is it ready to be sent?

i packed them both up yesterday, so as soon as the Post Office opens Monday morning they'll be on their way ;)

They say it takes between 3 - 5 days.... that's mostly true, but i've also had things take up to 2 weeks, just so you know. Hopefully you'll get it in the normal time. Can't wait for you to get it!

And Les.... can't wait to see how you paint this thing, I know you'll knock it out of the park (as if you ever do anything else!) :bow

i packed them both up yesterday, so as soon as the Post Office opens Monday morning they'll be on their way ;)

They say it takes between 3 - 5 days.... that's mostly true, but i've also had things take up to 2 weeks, just so you know. Hopefully you'll get it in the normal time. Can't wait for you to get it!

And Les.... can't wait to see how you paint this thing, I know you'll knock it out of the park (as if you ever do anything else!) :bow

As soon as he arrives and is perched upon his body (with full TPM costume intact) expect pictures galore---

Obi with his Jedi Master, Qui Gon, in robes-- contemplative...
Obi and his Jedi Master, Qui Gon, removing robes with Darth Maul doing likewise...
Obi and his Jedi Master, Qui Gon, in full fighting mode dealing with a double-bladed sith...
Obi WITHOUT his Jedi Master:monkey2 taking on the death-dealing sith fiend-- alone...
Obi triumphant looking down at what could only be a much shorter Maul falling to his doom...
Obi kneeling in front of a pacing Yoda--- A soon to be new Jedi Knight with his very own padawan...
Oh hell..... Obi with JAR JAR!!! :google I'm gonna go picture crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Let me know when he goes Darren. So you're shipping him with both the rattail and braid attached?

Cheers once again. Next time I'm across the pond (or the swan's bath for you Anglo-Saxon nuts who enjoy a good kenning) the first pint's on me.:D

wow.... can't wait to see any pics you take.

Yup it's on its way with both parts glued on and painted. Just need to plop it on a figure (with out without glue, depending how well it fits your neck piece)

I had to drill the hole into the head, which I wasn't expecting to have to do..... but I got the dremel out (being VERY careful as I only realised it didn't fit the Sideshow neck when everything was fully painted. eek!)

it should fit nice and easy now. Just take care when opening up your package. I'd hate for it to get that far and to be broken as you were taking it out :monkey2

WOW they look awesome Darren!!!!!!! can't wait to put this all together! thanks again!

Darren, you rock! (just feel I had to mention it again)

I wonder how you can put out a better quality product to what you have done so far, and then you do.

:D

wow.... can't wait to see any pics you take.

Yup it's on its way with both parts glued on and painted. Just need to plop it on a figure (with out without glue, depending how well it fits your neck piece)

I had to drill the hole into the head, which I wasn't expecting to have to do..... but I got the dremel out (being VERY careful as I only realised it didn't fit the Sideshow neck when everything was fully painted. eek!)

it should fit nice and easy now. Just take care when opening up your package. I'd hate for it to get that far and to be broken as you were taking it out :monkey2

Awesome.... Glad that Obi's on the way--- cause I don't think Qui Gon can hold out much longer...:maul

:lol

Back