Darren Carnall's creative corner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the comments guys. It's always nice when you get to do a personal commission like that, as opposed to movie characters, because you know these are going to mean a lot to the people that receive them. I've done it before with the WWI figure I did, and a few other sculpts 'from real people', and it gives a great feeling of satisfaction when they're done.

Having said that... i AM glad they're done, as they were taking a lot of time to get done. I was working on the on and off for a few months, and now I can concentrate fully again on my other commissions. (although as you can see with the completed Anakins and Arnies I never stopped working on the other stuff. And those are just the first heads finished... there's a ton on my desk anywhere between 10% and 90% done)

I always pride myself with my level of communication with customers, so hopefully the pitchforks won't start to come after me too! :lol (yes.. I've been following 'that' thread lately)

I've probably been a bit slow during the last 2 weeks maybe answering emails, but that was deliberate so I could get the commissions you see above finished... other than that I usually answer all emails (as those who've come to me will know) within a few days (at the latest) so hopefully whilst people might still have to wait for their turn in line...at least they'll know what I'm up to. (and that I'm still here and working!!)

Anyway... somebody asked were those two commissions from scratch or built on others. You'll like this.

The male is............ a resculpted Legolas. And the female is............. a resculpted Ripley :lol

I used those as base heads because they had roughly the right proportions (eyes, nose, mouth) that I needed, so I thought it would save time... although it may have been easier to just use a blob of clay from scratch. Either way I got them done eventually.

Anyway... back to painting for me. Hopefully there'll be some more pics later in the week of the next batch to go out. :)

Darren

Here's a full figure that's going out to Steven Lourie (using one of the heads I posted pics of). Should be going out today.

arnie1.jpg

lourie2.jpg

Anyway... somebody asked were those two commissions from scratch or built on others. You'll like this.

The male is............ a resculpted Legolas. And the female is............. a resculpted Ripley
oh nice one - im surprised!

I've sold both my Hot toys T-800s and the Hot Toys BD Arnold. However, Darren's arnold are going nowhere :)

Awesome work. get them while you can guys!

Darren these are great. Do you have any extra anakins available. I have been wanting to get one ever since I joint the site. Pm me. Also can you share what colors you use to paint them using your 1 of 6 Step head painting
process (hugely simplified) :)

The Anakins are going to Pierre Chabrut, Chris Tatro and Lee Carter.

anakins.jpg

anakineyes1.jpg

anakineyes2.jpg

arnies.jpg

arnieeyes2.jpg

the original photo

ArlieandVivian.jpg

brattons.jpg

bratton2.jpg

Last edited:
hey darren are you ready to send out some ripley heads yet? i emailed awhile back and you said that in a couple of months you will email me back when you have the casted heads in hand along with the t-2 arnies. just a reminder thats all

hey darren are you ready to send out some ripley heads yet? i emailed awhile back and you said that in a couple of months you will email me back when you have the casted heads in hand along with the t-2 arnies. just a reminder thats all

aw damn so he shipped them out already...

slow down there fella ;)

I haven't shipped them out already, i'm in the process of shipping them out. Some have gone, and some haven't. I have the batch of heads here... but I have to cast the rubber plugs that go up in the necks that i make myself... and that's the part that I'm doing alongside everything else that's on my desk.

So people are getting them a few at a time :)

You were a little further down the list (only a week or two) but seeing as you've mentioned yourself now, if you're ready to pay send me an email and I'll be able to get yours sent out to you :)

Ripley is superb especially with some treatment from small studios......here is sneak peak at a diorama :chew

DSC_0456.jpg

Looking good ;)

Hey Darren any updates on Gaius please ?

Hi Jason, I'll send you an email once I've sent this. I've got Gaius on my desk squeezed into the list like I said, it's had some work done on it, started the eyes, done some skin and hair work... it's about a quarter or a third of the way through.

Everyone else... thanks for all the positive comments :bow :bow :bow

Back