Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that. I'm just bothered. I really wanted DS, and then we get this. Basic sculpt with no extras and a price I don't feel reflects what they are offering. But I'm quite okay with SS pricing me out of the surprise package I'll get a year or so after ordering. It is what it is. If I'm spending $600, I want to look at it and think, yeah that was worth it. Besdies I may need that $600 once Aquaman is released at this rate.

I hear you...Sideshow's pricing strategy is forcing most collectors to be more selective with their purchases.

Maybe they increase the prices on the ones they're not sure will sell that well? As backwards thinking as that is..?

I think for Darkseid everyone is mostly in agreement. He looks great, but is not justifiable for the cost. It sounds like the only people that are happy are the ones that have discounts they can apply to it, which isn't a great reason to have to buy it. I think the es will definately be available come sdcc as I don't think they will get as big a response as they hoped. I really hope people don't cave in either, as SS will never learn if people just keep taking whatever they throw at us. I am all for SS and have some great pieces, but there has to be a time when they stop pushing it as far as they can. At the end of the day, we are the ones that pay their wages.

I think for Darkseid everyone is mostly in agreement. He looks great, but is not justifiable for the cost. It sounds like the only people that are happy are the ones that have discounts they can apply to it, which isn't a great reason to have to buy it. I think the es will definately be available come sdcc as I don't think they will get as big a response as they hoped. I really hope people don't cave in either, as SS will never learn if people just keep taking whatever they throw at us. I am all for SS and have some great pieces, but there has to be a time when they stop pushing it as far as they can. At the end of the day, we are the ones that pay their wages.

*Nods in approval.* :exactly:

Hear Hear. That's what it is. There are other $600 statues that look and feel like they should be that price. Darkseid isn't one of those. No matter how much I want him. Just have to keep myself from buying.

Agree also, those "discounts" can just as easy be used on something worthwhile.

high prices on Darkseide is a valid complaint but the ES will be sold out eventually and not too long. they'll get their money

This looks great imo, although admittedly I'm not a huge follower of the character so wouldn't pick up on any niggles. But as good as he looks, that price is unbelievable! I actually hope this doesn't sell too many or it may set a precedent.

Hulk vs Darkseid.jpg
And I thought it was bad comparing Darkseid size and price to Apocalypse.

if that is accurate then that is 100% a deal breaker, I would buy this as the Trinity beater, it would be completely underwhelming, hulk's arm is bigger than DS's thigh! Must be off.

Are you sure that's an accurate size comparison? I hope Darkseid isn't that small.

I think it's slightly off. You have to line up the middle point of the bases since the photos are in perspective and the lowest point of the image is the front of the base, not the middle. Still, it's not far off.

Not even dealing with the massive size difference. It's also so much more detailed and a good portion is mixed media.....what a true Premium Format is to have. Just absolutely crazy these are the same prices.

Hulk's base is much bigger than Darkseid's base. So the center of Hulk's base is further up in the 2D image than Darkseid's is. So it is still a big difference but I think you made Darkseid too big now. I think based on the size of the bases I was slightly off in that Darkseid may be even bit smaller than I made him....slightly. I used actual inches in PS to size these and went from lowest part of base to top of sword on Hulk and top of head on Darkseid.

Back