Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't have a problem with his size IF the price tag reflected it properly. While this is obviously bulkier than the regular 1:4 DC PFs, it shouldn't have been 600$, especially considering that sculpt and paint apps are very simple. For this price tag he should have the current measures but on a nearly flat base, more or less like Lobo.

Lobo was a steal when compared to Darkseid. You got 2 heads, 2 switch out hands, an extra hook, and mixed media all for less than Darkseid. I'd hate to see what they'd price Lobo at if he was put up for PO nowadays.

I just checked the final production pics and I realized Darkseid was standing on two small rock/lava formations just the size of his feet. Thought it looked kind of dumb. Why would he step and stand on this? I don't know what SSC's thinking, sometimes.

So, my order page has this guy and Red Son Supes as shipping soon. Anyone else have this going on? It's gotta be a mistake, right?

I just checked the final production pics and I realized Darkseid was standing on two small rock/lava formations just the size of his feet. Thought it looked kind of dumb. Why would he step and stand on this? I don't know what SSC's thinking, sometimes.

Darkseid stands on whatever the hell he wants......and looks awesome doing so.

LOL, yea he rules the damn planet where there's hot lava rocks and such.

Anyway, this the only DC piece Mr. Green looking forward to now.

Because that's what his planet is made from :dunno

Come on, you know what I mean. Two rocks 15 inches high, just the size of his feet, really? Why did he feel the need to climb on that? Was he too stable on the ground? Or not tall enough to see his ennemy? That's stupid.

Come on, you know what I mean. Two rocks 15 inches high, just the size of his feet, really? Why did he feel the need to climb on that? Was he too stable on the ground? Or not tall enough to see his ennemy? That's stupid.

You must not like the 1/3 Akuma either then.

You must not like the 1/3 Akuma either then.

I just checked and no, indeed. Although it's less obvious with Akuma. With Darkseid, you can see a flat area on the base and these tiny columns he's on. Seems like a poor excuse to make the statue taller and have him in the trademark SSC's knee up stance. He would have looked better standing on the ground, IMHO. He did not need that. I don't see Darkseid commanding on top of small rocks, that's all.

I just checked and no, indeed. Although it's less obvious with Akuma. With Darkseid, you can see a flat area on the base and these tiny columns he's on. Seems like a poor excuse to make the statue taller and have him in the trademark SSC's knee up stance. He would have looked better standing on the ground, IMHO. He did not need that. I don't see Darkseid commanding on top of small rocks, that's all.

Seriously? He's obviously standing near a fire pit on his planet Apokolips. It makes perfect sense for him to be standing on rocky terrain near one of the numerous fire pits on the planet and commanding his troops.

Till these photos came out I was fine missing out on this ... now... ugggg

Buddy, because of the price on this piece, a lot of peeps passed on this. I personally think the sculpt is fantastic and I simply can't wait to add the Lord of Apokolips to my collection. I really think this piece will pick up a lot of new admirers over the years. The ES is relatively low and Darkseid is an awesome character. I think this will be a sought after piece before it's all said and done.

Seriously? He's obviously standing near a fire pit on his planet Apokolips. It makes perfect sense for him to be standing on rocky terrain near one of the numerous fire pits on the planet and commanding his troops.

I'm not discussing the rocky terrain and the fire pit, just the fact that he stands on two tiny columns the size of his feet. That U-shaped rock. Had it been a big flat rock in lava, it wouldn't have bothered me. As is, it makes no sense to me.

I'm not discussing the rocky terrain and the fire pit, just the fact that he stands on two tiny columns the size of his feet. That U-shaped rock. Had it been a big flat rock in lava, it wouldn't have bothered me. As is, it makes no sense to me.

That's cool. I have no issues with that personally. I think everything looks great as is. My only gripe with this piece is that I didn't care for the price. Other than that, I can't wait to add him to my collection and I think he looks great.

That's an awesome looking piece. I was kind of bummed that after the limited edition with 2nd head sold out, you still have to pay the same price for a figure with only one head.:thud:

Back