Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow this does look impressive but why does he cost more than the new Vader PF? that has a tailored costume, huge base, head tilt and a light-up feature. as far as we know, this doesn't have a light up feature and is fully sculpted. I really wanted this but $600?? just can't do that. Looks amazing though

It looks good, true! But it's not what I envisioned Darkseid to look. And with that price...I can't justify getting this right now.

If aquaman, flash, or mm are over $400, I'm passing on all 3.

The Batman variant is $430 so I wouldn't doubt at least Aquaman and Flash at $430. Prices are crazy, so for me that means more cuts to my list, because I do keep a list.

I'm still in for Aquaman as I always have been, pending the full reveal. Flash is also on my list. Darkseid would be cool to own but he isn't on my list. He's a central villain so I thought about it, but he's not as important to me personally. The Batman villains are so I'd rather wait for Penguin, Two-Face, Ra's, Riddler, etc. and Deathstroke. Really limiting things and sticking to my character list.

If aquaman, flash, or mm are over $400, I'm passing on all 3.

Unfortunately, the price of PFs are only going up. Aquaman is at least on the horizon since SSC gave us a peek of the trident. Who knows when Flash or MM will eventually go up for PO? The longer it takes, the more they'll cost. That's just the reality of the situation.

The Batman variant is $430 so I wouldn't doubt at least Aquaman and Flash at $430. Prices are crazy, so for me that means more cuts to my list, because I do keep a list.

I'm still in for Aquaman as I always have been, pending the full reveal. Flash is also on my list. Darkseid would be cool to own but he isn't on my list. He's a central villain so I thought about it, but he's not as important to me personally. The Batman villains are so I'd rather wait for Penguin, Two-Face, Ra's, Riddler, etc. and Deathstroke. Really limiting things and sticking to my character list.

I have a list as well peedi and it's pretty close to yours. Very much centered on the Bat-verse. However, Darkseid is definitely on my list. I'm picking up the Big 7. I need one villain for the JLA and Darkseid clearly fills that bill. I don't have the space to grab any of the villains related to the other 6 members of the JLA. I'd love to pick up Lex, Black Manta, Cheeta, Sinestro, etc...I just don't have the space for them. So, it's the baddest of the bunch that rules them all. Darkseid is it. This way I'll be able to save some room for all the Bat villains I like. They are a bigger priority for me.

I need some more Superman-related PFs so this is a must-buy. I like all the DC statues but SS is killing me with Batman: Batman x2, Catwoman x2, Poison Ivy x2, Harley, Joker, and Batgirl. Even if you include Wonder Woman in the Superman Family there's only Superman, Wonder Woman, Power Girl, and Lobo on the Superman side. I'm a sucker and will buy most of the DC PFs but I'd like a Lex, Doomsday, Superboy/Krypto, Supergirl, etc.

Unfortunately, the price of PFs are only going up. Aquaman is at least on the horizon since SSC gave us a peek of the trident. Who knows when Flash or MM will eventually go up for PO? The longer it takes, the more they'll cost. That's just the reality of the situation.

Yeah, but when we start getting to XM prices. I want that QC and those switch out parts. I understand prices going up. I would think it'd be in increments and not large chunks. $400 to $425-$30 I can get. But a $200 leap. And we're not getting anything more for that price hike. That's where you price out collectors. I think Darkseid should be right around $450.Especially if he's the same or and inch taller the all the other PFs. These prices hikes reflect the comics they're based on. 1st it was $.25 then $.50, then suddenly $1 or more. I stopped buying comics at $4. I can stop buying statues at $450. I think it sets a bad precedent to over charge $200 for Darkseid being a regular PF. What's to stop SS from charging $500 plus for Aquaman? Sure there'll be a switch out head. But the price to create doesn't match the price asked. Again, I expect prices to rise over time. But these prices are paying more for the same or less. There's no switch out hand with a motherbox, no mixed media, and the QC isn't something SS can even stand behind and say that's the reason for the price hike. That gets me to stop buying. We get charged more and we may or may not have to return or replace parts out the box. That's a large gamble to take.

apoc was $600, not sure why folks would expect this to be any less?

I am in for him, although that lava base has me nervous. Hopefully they do a better job than previous releases...

Kinda gutted. I've been debating for about a week now whether or not to start a DC shelf with about 4 figures. I was thinking Modern-Age Batman PF, WW PF, maybe MoS PF, and then I saw this...and about jumped out of my chair. Those 3 + this and I'd be in candy land. But $600 for a PF? I dunno.

:gah:

apoc was $600, not sure why folks would expect this to be any less?

Wasn't that also the figure that was super hollow and got wasted in an epic Youtube video by being mowed down with a car?

Back