Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I hate when I see things in something I really want to love. Is it just me or does that outstretched hand look a little odd with the pose. Kind of like what is he doing. May as well be singing opera kind of thing going on. Errrr. Trying to erase thought now

I'm actually surprised the hand bothers you. That is a classic Kirby outstretched hand. He's used it numerous times with many different characters throughout his career. I love it. It's a fantastic tip of the cap to the legend himself. Most field generals will point to their soldiers in battle to focus troops at a specific position. Imagine Darkseid arriving via boom tube. He takes a high vantage point, he raises his arm and outstreched fingers with his Parademons behind him. He's not looking for them to destroy a target. He wants them to fan out and destroy EVERYTHING. The outstreched hand perfectly symbolizes that IMO. I think it fits the character perfectly.

I'm actually surprised the hand bothers you. That is a classic Kirby outstretched hand. He's used it numerous times with many different characters throughout his career. I love it. It's a fantastic tip of the cap to the legend himself. Most field generals will point to their soldiers in battle to focus troops at a specific position. Imagine Darkseid arriving via boom tube. He takes a high vantage point, he raises his arm and outstreched fingers with his Parademons behind him. He's not looking for them to destroy a target. He wants them to fan out and destroy EVERYTHING. The outstreched hand perfectly symbolizes that IMO. I think it fits the character perfectly.

:lecture Agreed. I love the pose they chose for this PF. Classic and imposing. This pose and the iconic Darkseid-hands-at-the-back pose would be great for a PF, but the latter might look too plain and boring to some people.

:lecture Agreed. I love the pose they chose for this PF. Classic and imposing. This pose and the iconic Darkseid-hands-at-the-back pose would be great for a PF, but the latter might look too plain and boring to some people.

Yeah, I agree. This pose is something most collectors can get behind. I think the hands behind the back pose would have had a lot of critics even though it's classic Darkseid. I would have PO'd him either way. That said, I have zero complaints with what I've seen so far. IMO, the preview pics look excellent. I'm very much looking forward to POing the Lord of Apocalypse.

I really hope that just the Darkseid body is as tall as the entire Superman PF. I want Darkseid to be a huge imposing statue with the base height at a minimum. I'll pay the $600-650 SS would price him at.

I really hope that just the Darkseid body is as tall as the entire Superman PF. I want Darkseid to be a huge imposing statue with the base height at a minimum. I'll pay the $600-650 SS would price him at.

don't think u want that since the batman is bulkier than sup, Mr. Green thinking u would want darkseid to be way bigger than a human that is the batman. and wouldn't surprise Mr. Green that the batman is slightly taller than sup too.

would u pay $700-800? just sayin. Mr. Green would.

don't think u want that since the batman is bulkier than sup, Mr. Green thinking u would want darkseid to be way bigger than a human that is the batman. and wouldn't surprise Mr. Green that the batman is slightly taller than sup too.

I wouldn't just my 2 cents. I think it's a bit much unless this is a Lsf.

I think Darkseid should be bigger than Superman or Batman so 26-28" inches with a minimal base for a total height of 28-30" would be awesome without breaking the bank. He's also a broad figure so the total size would be a beast of a PF.

This must be huge and must match the comic Superman PF. This thing has to be huge or SS should just dump it now. I think $699 - $749 sounds right for what I hope they give us.

^this

This must be huge and must match the comic Superman PF. This thing has to be huge or SS should just dump it now. I think $699 - $749 sounds right for what I hope they give us.
:thwak: would you two stop giving them price ideas? K thanx

^this

:thwak: would you two stop giving them price ideas? K thanx

Haha, no kidding! Everyone is speculating lower than $600 and that dude comes in all like, "I think $750 sounds about perfect." The hell's wrong with you?

Thanks for making me feel better guys, I can see past the hand now, makes sense.

That's the problem with Superman and Batman being so big is now the vilians gotta be even bigger. What about Doomsday or Armored Lex, or Cyborg Superman....Killer Croc, Bane...

Thanks for making me feel better guys, I can see past the hand now, makes sense.

That's the problem with Superman and Batman being so big is now the vilians gotta be even bigger. What about Doomsday or Armored Lex, or Cyborg Superman....Killer Croc, Bane...

I want all of those in pf form.

Back