Darkness Exc. - SOLD OUT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was the first time I got in on a PF Exclusive - so it made my Valentine's Day. Just rented the movie again and saw it last night. It's been about 10 years since I last watched it. Tim Curry is awesome!

SolidLiquidFox said:
Thanks. I just called and cancelled your order.

Wait List conversion + 1

:D

Yeah, just FYI to everyone - it's probably best not to post your full order numbers on a public forum :duff

Khev said:
I think the hype for the piece prompted everyone to go out and watch Legend again/for the first time. The rest is history. ;) :lol

I hope you are all renting/buying the Ultimate Edition/Director's Cut with Jerry Goldsmith's score, not the bastardized U.S. Theatrical Cut with the Tangerine Dream music!:emperor Makes a hell of a difference.

JoeSweden said:
I hope you are all renting/buying the Ultimate Edition/Director's Cut with Jerry Goldsmith's score, not the bastardized U.S. Theatrical Cut with the Tangerine Dream music!:emperor Makes a hell of a difference.

The directors cut with the Goldsmith score is unwatchable. The score is so out of pace with the movie it feels like I've got the radio going while I'm trying to watch a movie. Tangerine Dreams soundtrack was one of the best things about the movie.

Those who think the Goldsmith score is "out of place" are simply speaking from sentimental or nostalgic attachment. It seems out of place because you're used to the Tangerine Dream music. In fact, the Goldsmith score was the original score for the film and was retro-replaced by Tangerine Dream when Scott had to recut the movie for its North American release.

In any case, I am so glad I own the now hard-to-find 2 Disc Collector's Edition with BOTH versions of the movie. The Director's Cut (with Goldsmith score) is a different, darker version of the movie. I like both.

IrishJedi said:
Those who think the Goldsmith score is "out of place" are simply speaking from sentimental or nostalgic attachment. It seems out of place because you're used to the Tangerine Dream music. In fact, the Goldsmith score was the original score for the film and was retro-replaced by Tangerine Dream when Scott had to recut the movie for its North American release.

In any case, I am so glad I own the now hard-to-find 2 Disc Collector's Edition with BOTH versions of the movie. The Director's Cut (with Goldsmith score) is a different, darker version of the movie. I like both.

Amazon has it and is where I bought mine a few months back. Love the option of choosing which one to watch. i prefer the director's cut personally but to each their own.

Back