Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice - was thinking the same thing. Several characters that I have need socks! Did you make these yourself or are they bought stock?
They are stock, but I really don't remember where I got those socks from. Somehow I connect them to my 'android hunter' figure, because I must have gotten them around the same time... Or maybe, Sideshow's cigarette smoking man (X-Files)? I don't remember. I parted out both figures to some extend a long time ago.
They aren't actually socks, but rather 2 nicely finished fabric tubes, that will fit for figures that don't have 'anatomic' feet, with pegs going into shoes directly, just as is the case with this Deckard figure. Handy! (no pun intended).

Received mine today. Was just wondering if the shirt was supposed to attach closed in some way or are they all like this?

Attachments

• 72EB6430-DEF3-4374-89C6-527A4E6CA064.jpeg
    72EB6430-DEF3-4374-89C6-527A4E6CA064.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 62
Mine was like that too.
Ah thanks! I thought maybe there were supposed to be magnets somewhere to hold it closed but it doesn’t seem so! Very strange. I also got paint ships on the side of the hair on the main sculpt!

With only a little bit of futzing - nothing else yet - will do some customizing once I repainted the second head

It looks like a decent figure (I've got mine on the way) and these photos of actual production figures really help me plan out the changes I'll undoubtedly want to make. One thing that is going to happen right out of the gates is loosing the bright white stitching on the belt/holster.

For anyone wanting a quick fix for the belt/holster, I’ve gone over the stitching with a fine black gundam marker and it looks better already. Not perfect by any means but compare the belt to the holster that has not yet been fixed and I think it’s noticeable.

8787C762-E8C9-4FBB-87F2-912F5CEB3513.jpeg

For anyone wanting a quick fix for the belt/holster, I’ve gone over the stitching with a fine black gundam marker and it looks better already. Not perfect by any means but compare the belt to the holster that has not yet been fixed and I think it’s noticeable.

View attachment 562525

I did this today too, using a dark brown felt tip.

It took multiple passes but the thread finally started to change to brown, so now it's much more blended with the belt.

I can see "painting" or "penning" the stitching on the holster as that stitching is at least there on the real holster (granted, not oversized)... but the stitching on the belt is just wrong. There is no stitching, it looks like the belt in the movie is just lighter colored on the top edge and bottom edge of the belt. There might be some kind of line or pattern on the belt but I just can't make it out. It's not big white lines though.

If you remove the stitching entirely, will the belt have just too many holes left where the thread was?

Might be worth it just to buy a loose dark brown belt on ebay and replace it all together.

All done! I added a small magnet to the bellows to keep it secure.

br007.jpg

I really wanted to add the LED strip above the main screen, but it's so small, it would have been difficult to drill out without making it look messy.

br008.jpg

I may make a carrying case for it, it can be seen on the desk in Tyrell's office.

Last edited:
All done! I added a small magnet to the bellows to keep it secure.

br007.jpg

I really wanted to add the LED strip above the main screen, but it's so small, it would have been difficult to drill out without making it look messy.

br008.jpg

I may make a carrying case for it, it can be seen on the desk in Tyrell's office.
That is amazing my friend great work 👏

Also just wanted to put this out there, if anyone in this forum pre-ordered this figure from Tns and didn't know this. They said that at the moment hong kong post is suspended due to covid cases so until then we will have to wait, all pre-orders though are safe and sound.Just wanted to update people if they did not know

Also just wanted to put this out there, if anyone in this forum pre-ordered this figure from Tns and didn't know this. They said that at the moment hong kong post is suspended due to covid cases so until then we will have to wait, all pre-orders though are safe and sound.Just wanted to update people if they did not know

They must mean that regular airmail to certain destinations is currently suspended, as there are still services such as Vantage and Speedpost (under 2kg) available to places such as the US.

These are Hong Kong Post's latest updates:

Service Delay / Suspension​

Thinned out the guard and triggers on the PK-D with an x-acto, looks much better to me now.
Will still add some paint wear I think, just looks a little too clean.

P2150162.JPG

Got some rough paint on the hands but I think I might need to get rid of them and upgrade the body too, any successful body swap recommendations?

Thinned out the guard and triggers on the PK-D with an x-acto, looks much better to me now.
Will still add some paint wear I think, just looks a little too clean.

View attachment 562647

Got some rough paint on the hands but I think I might need to get rid of them and upgrade the body too, any successful body swap recommendations?
Narrow Shoulder Hot Toys True Type?

They must mean that regular airmail to certain destinations is currently suspended, as there are still services such as Vantage and Speedpost (under 2kg) available to places such as the US.

These are Hong Kong Post's latest updates:

Service Delay / Suspension​

Does that also include EMS?

Back