Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only problem though is even Dino’s fuzzy pics look like it is possibly the original rare figure. Hoping we can see some more actual inhand pics of the actual entire figure. So far the recast script for its price is not bad.

The misplaced collar pattern, brighter tie colours, and belt and holster colour in their photos match Dark Toys' though.

I have the original and would even buy this extra set if this figure turned out to be close to 75% as good as my original. Love B/R and here hoping the figure will be as good as Dino’s pics.

I have the original and would even buy this extra set if this figure turned out to be close to 75% as good as my original. Love B/R and here hoping the figure will be as good as Dino’s pics.

The latest photos look like they just pulled the figure from the box, didn't do any futzing or even put the belt on, and then started taking pictures in a rush to get them online.

As in the retailer photos, the tie isn't fully tightened on the figure at the factory so the collar isn't drawn together.

I can see potential. Plus Redman generally use cheap generic bodies, regardless of the actor or character, so a better body might help if necessary.

The latest photos look like they just pulled the figure from the box, didn't do any futzing or even put the belt on, and then started taking pictures in a rush to get them online.

As in the retailer photos, the tie isn't fully tightened on the figure at the factory so the collar isn't drawn together.

I can see potential. Plus Redman generally use cheap generic bodies, regardless of the actor or character, so a better body might help if necessary.
Given the many layers it would need to be a thin body. Wonder what the best one would be. Ganghood 2.0?

Given the many layers it would need to be a thin body. Wonder what the best one would be. Ganghood 2.0?

That would be too slim and short for Harrison, plus the Dark Toys figure has a necked sculpt.

The JX S01 would probably be better, but that one also has a neck.

So it depends which way you go with the figure: if you're keeping the clothes and using a different sculpt, or using a necked body and cutting the neck off either the body or the sculpt - the latter would probably be best if it can be done without ruining the head.

I think those pictures are helpful because it looks like that is very much what you are going to be getting in hand. Obviously, good futzing will help the look.

This looks like a solid entry point for a base Deckard. Repaint and better gear will make it really shine.
I don’t think so. I mean, it seems like the guy futzed the figure all wrong. Like he pulled the coat back in an unnatural position and placed the shirt collar under the jacket in the photo with the bloodied sculpt to make it look roughed up.

His caption to the photo set reads:

dc_one_sixth_gram

Dark toys - blade runner Rick Deckard… overall it’s fine but that sculpt don’t belong in this day and age anymore. Weak paint and poor detail. Sadly this is the only option for now…

Some of his other figures weren't futzed very well either. His gunslinger's hat wasn't pushed down, or he used the hat with the wrong hair, and Anton has his shirt collar popped up at all sorts of angles. All of which is more encouraging about the actual product itself, apart from the sculpt which he panned.

Last edited:
And this is martin-el's sharper close up of the Dark Toys:

20220129_153633-jpg.559276

20220129_154420-jpg.559277

Apart from the obvious difficulty in photographing the sculpt, the only glaring issue I see at this price point (originally about $175) is the placement of the collar pattern, which was a simple thing that should have been caught before production.

At only 6% of the cost of getting the best, it's something you can mess with and work on.

The head sculpt actually looks pretty decent here. Again, a repaint would really take it to the next level. If this is what we are receiving, I'm happy with my pre-ordering it.

The stitching looks rough there but we are magnifying the area. I think that at normal viewing distances, it will look fine.

I did have hopes that whoever did the Treasure Hunter and Space Tracker would give us a Deckard head. The sculpt on this figure is as close to what that might have looked like as any. Maybe someone on YouTube has done a decent review, have to take a look at some point.

I did have hopes that whoever did the Treasure Hunter and Space Tracker would give us a Deckard head. The sculpt on this figure is as close to what that might have looked like as any. Maybe someone on YouTube has done a decent review, have to take a look at some point.
Wonder if they'll ever re-release the treasure hunter or something new by a different party? I missed out on that one :/

Gang, there is certainly potential here. Thx for sharing the IG actual post. The head with a repaint might do it but the clothing regardless how much you futuz with it might be not doable from the looks of the material and fabric use. Yea the first post I suspect from the first collector was using some of the original set of clothes and the original head.

Went ahead and ordered a head off ebay to replace the Inigo sculpt on my custom. Seems to be looking pretty good and has that slightly rounder shape I've been wanting.

(originally about $175)

Wow, that's a great price.

Went ahead and ordered a head off ebay to replace the Inigo sculpt on my custom. Seems to be looking pretty good and has that slightly rounder shape I've been wanting.

High praise for the sculpt. As I recall, Inigo had a pretty good stern expression for Deckard, no?

Wow, that's a great price.

That's about the equivalent of the original price before KGH added delivery, but it's a guess as KGH have changed the price.

For me it was cheaper with the 8% code and 3% up front payment, and likely cheaper shipping quote back then. The total was £119.92 including delivery, which was $159.50 according to the exchange rate at the time of ordering.

I still have this custom head, which I bought so long ago, I don't recall from whom I bought it. Seriously, must be more than 10 years ago. I thought it was an outstanding likeness, and I still do. It came with waterslide decal eyes. Unfortunately never going to get it painted I think. Who could do such a job? I think what stops me, is that I live in EU and don't want to ship the head to the other side of the globe.

Attachments

• He say you brade runna Mr Deckard.jpg
    He say you brade runna Mr Deckard.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 78
I still have this custom head, which I bought so long ago, I don't recall from whom I bought it. Seriously, must be more than 10 years ago. I thought it was an outstanding likeness, and I still do. It came with waterslide decal eyes. Unfortunately never going to get it painted I think. Who could do such a job? I think what stops me, is that I live in EU and don't want to ship the head to the other side of the globe.
Is that the buddylee head? I had it, and it’s a great likeness although it was a tad undersized.

I don't know many painters in EU, and would be interested to find some.
Only one I know is Carlos from FX Laboratory, in Spain, you may contact him via Instagram:

https://instagram.com/carlos.j.g._art?utm_medium=copy_link

Is that the buddylee head? I had it, and it’s a great likeness although it was a tad undersized.

Bingo! I found a thread he started back in 2011, that's about the time I got it. Thx!

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/threads/deckard-custom-head-sculpt.626035/
I don't know many painters in EU, and would be interested to find some.
Only one I know is Carlos from FX Laboratory, in Spain, you may contact him via Instagram:

https://instagram.com/carlos.j.g._art?utm_medium=copy_link

It's worth a try. Thx!

Back