Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't that a part of a camel?

Oh no!!! Mine does too!!!

IMG_9308.jpg

Was very interested in this piece but I'm going to pass on her. I was worried about the clear resin flames being too fragile and breaking during shipping and I see that's starting to become a problem as collectors are receiving her. Not crazy about the minor leaning issues and the paint apps are OK but nothing special. For $500 I wanted to be wowed but that's just not happening.

I ended up canceling my order and eating the NRD, with a passable paint job, leaning issues outta the box, and a base so easily damaged they had to make a warning pdf on how to take it out of the box, it just has too many issues for me. I had to struggle to do so, as I love the Dark Phoenix, but when you add the minor issues of her eye color being wrong, and the subtle hair line difference on both heads, and the butt ugly silver base I don't think it's worth the price I have to pay to get her in my collection.

I ended up canceling my order and eating the NRD, with a passable paint job, leaning issues outta the box, and a base so easily damaged they had to make a warning pdf on how to take it out of the box, it just has too many issues for me. I had to struggle to do so, as I love the Dark Phoenix, but when you add the minor issues of her eye color being wrong, and the subtle hair line difference on both heads, and the butt ugly silver base I don't think it's worth the price I have to pay to get her in my collection.

Yup. Better put the money on another statue

Just got mine and I love it. Only issue is that same crotch crack.... beautiful head sculpts and awesome base. I wish the reds were a bit darker but I still love it. I don't think the negativity is warranted on this one.

Did SS post something about how to take the base out of the box?

starting to get worried about mine now...for those with the crack, please let us know what SS says.

If they won't offer replacements I will just cancel mine now. Not worth the potential headache.

Oh no!!! Mine does too!!!

View attachment 319707

Just got mine and I love it. Only issue is that same crotch crack.... beautiful head sculpts and awesome base. I wish the reds were a bit darker but I still love it. I don't think the negativity is warranted on this one.

"crotch crack!!" My inner “13 year old mind” is exhibiting an extreme amount of self-control right now. :wink1:

She looks so good but needed some shading especially to bring out her abs. It seems these statues were painted by very inexperienced painters. How hard could've been to paint in darker shades to make it look better.

I just got caught up on this thread and saw the posts about the crack. I packed mine up this morning and sent it back for an exchange after it arrived with the broken flame in the base. Wish I would have checked for the crack too, but I didn't even bother unpacking the body once I saw the base was broken.

For those worried about the base, I had to take it out to send them a photo of my edition number and I can confirm that it's a unbelievable pain. I was also shocked by the packaging for it. The flames seem like an accident waiting to happen (like my Iceman SS Comiquette) - I don't see the styrofoam preventing the base from shifting and breaking if FedEx isn't careful with it. Not to mention there's no 'fragile' label which would go a long way in making up for the poor packaging. Maybe they could have had some of the tall flames as inserts (similar to the rocks in the Rogue Comiquette)?

Back