Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a NECA 1/4 scale Deadpool figure from Gamestop the other day. And I realized the paint quality on that is probably up to par if not better than some Sideshow pieces. It cost me $90 ... I'm really not understanding where all the cost went with on this Premium Format [Dark Phoenix].

It appears that they used blue decals on the EX head and the same paint that Hasbro uses on its 6" Marvel Legends figures.

I take it this is the prototype?

marvel-dark-phoenix-premium-art-print-500335-02.jpg

seeing it today in person I thought honestly it was the most mediocre piece on display because of the lackluster paint.

Its more astonishing that consistently the track record for XMEN pieces by Sideshow has remained this abysmal since Rogue.

another one bites the dust. No real excuse for this... why blue eyes on the EX?

wow_zpsoonlcmkm.jpg

Yep, I am not satisfied with the color either, I wish it's darker and more red.

Also mine is slightly leaning to the left.

Red sonja and Captain Marvel both are home run and definitely a keeper. I am not feeling the same with this one.

Didn't realize it before, but even the gold paint is a different shade.

Comparing the proto next to the production version in that pic makes the latter look plastic.

Comparison pic with XM

2nkthzd.jpg

Wow, I'm actually surprised by this comparison and how large Dark Phoenix's base actually is. I know how huge that Sentinel piece of XM's base is.

Also, I know you mentioned (maybe on the other forum) she doesn't look 1/4, but in this pic she completely does IMO. Her body/head/hair looks completely in scale with the XM version.

Wow, I'm actually surprised by this comparison and how large Dark Phoenix's base actually is. I know how huge that Sentinel piece of XM's base is.

Also, I know you mentioned (maybe on the other forum) she doesn't look 1/4, but in this pic she completely does IMO. Her body/head/hair looks completely in scale with the XM version.

It could be just the angle when I took that photo. In person, she is definitely smaller than xm even smaller than captain marvel. Her fingers are tiny.

The red paint looks cheap. I received mine but haven't opened it. I really wanted to cancel this but not at the expense of the NRD...was hoping it would get delayed. I guess I'll open her and make a decision then. I may be willing to take a loss here just to recoup most of my money if I'm not happy with it. Oh, and ALL of them look like they are leaning slightly to the left.

864A7074-3FA8-45DD-B488-E248EB47233D_zpsknwyleng.jpg

I finally received mine! I'm really looking forward to open up this beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The red paint looks cheap. I received mine but haven't opened it. I really wanted to cancel this but not at the expense of the NRD...was hoping it would get delayed. I guess I'll open her and make a decision then. I may be willing to take a loss here just to recoup most of my money if I'm not happy with it. Oh, and ALL of them look like they are leaning slightly to the left.

Yeah, I thought maybe that left leaning was just due to the angle of the pics taken.

Well, I just got mine... opened it up... and yeah, the base is broken :(

dp1.jpg

dp2.jpg

Just gutted...

Attachments

• dp1.jpg
    dp1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 160
  • dp2.jpg
    dp2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 158
Yeah, I thought maybe that left leaning was just due to the angle of the pics taken.

Nope not the camera angle, mine is slightly leaning to the left. And I think some have the same isssue too others may lean slightly to the right.

Not happy with this, I've emailed sideshow.

This is where I am at with it.

Just canceled mine, SS where nice enough to refund it. With these inflated prices I don't want to spend up to £570 on a piece that I am not 100% happy with.

GL everyone, hope you like it.

Here are my thoughts:

-The darker red would have been better, without a doubt. Not sure why they would switch it (maybe a way to lower costs...)
-The sculpt is amazing, which despite the change in coloring, makes this a keeper.

IMG_9305.jpg

IMG_9301.jpg

I still need to contact sideshow as the base looks like there is something inside it:

IMG_9304.jpg

Hope they can make this right.

Back