Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Continued ...

cuUjeQ.jpg

3I2cMt.jpg

aMShhO.jpg

p5DG6p.jpg

89ZtDl.jpg

20FbH8.jpg

a2DG83.jpg

f9dSkF.jpg

g7vlQt.jpg

She looks really good in these recent pictures. I think some of the freaks on here canceling theirs should really have in hand before making such a move. Sometimes when you're looking at it here, it doesn't appear so impressive, but in hand you might just like it despite the lighter shade.

She looks really good in these recent pictures. I think some of the freaks on here canceling theirs should really have in hand before making such a move. Sometimes when you're looking at it here, it doesn't appear so impressive, but in hand you might just like it despite the lighter shade.

Agree. some of these pics look amazing. I may have to pick this up. but the EX is not a must for me...

Mine won't ship until Feb.

I imagine fedex included the shipping cost before converting to CAD and then assessed the duty/taxes. They also likely added a $10 admin fee.

set up a fedex account online and have SS link it to your account to at least save you the $10 in the future.

Yes, they included the shipping cost and then converted to CDN $ at a 1.3289 rate. They assessed the duty on that value, but for the 13% HST tax part they actually combined the value and duty amount before applying it. $10 ROD fee or admin fee as you noted, and a 13% tax on the $10 ROD/admin fee itself.....lol.

My impressions are positive for the most part. The light red, somewhat orange in bright lights, still holds well in it's presentation. I did get a broken piece on the inner left side of the translucent flaming phoenix as you can see from the pics, but it seems to blend in well enough when placing it back in that I'm going to just use super glue on it and not be too bothered by it.

The base is much bigger than it looks in pics, which also means that the translucent flaming phoenix is grander than it looks. It actually quite impressive. Not XM impressive, but it definitely stands out in person.

The blush on her cheeks are ever so slight and faint that you really have to look for it to notice it. The lips could've been a bit more red, as it is pretty nude looking.

All that said, one thing is for sure, the sculpt of the figure is undeniable.

The camera on my phone is decent at best, so the pic might not do it justice. As others have said, you'd have a better impression in person.

Attachments

• 20170126_232250.jpg
    20170126_232250.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 20170126_233430.jpg
    20170126_233430.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 20170126_233522.jpg
    20170126_233522.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 150
I think lighting has a lot to do with how the red looks on this piece in pics. In person, the red looks great.

wow_zpsoonlcmkm.jpg

N7zKLt.jpg

Not sure how the peg fits on others, but mine can turn slightly making it look like it's leaning - it doesn't fit in snug. As for the portraits, the normal portrait stands out much more in person imo.

When looking at mine straight on ...it looks to be slightly leaning to the left (my left, her right).
Several others have said the same. I was just wondering. It doesn't seem to be bothering you and that's all that matters. Thanks for sharing pics/thoughts and congrats!

Alright, finally got around to opening mine. It's not my favorite and the red is a bit cheap looking but I think I will keep her around for a while. The sculpt really is top notch and the heads look good. The eye color does irk me but not enough to return her and take a hit on the NRD. I like my XM version better but the sculpt on this is stronger IMO...paint job goes to XM hands down. For now, I'm gonna keep her.

Several others have said the same. I was just wondering. It doesn't seem to be bothering you and that's all that matters. Thanks for sharing pics/thoughts and congrats!

Yea ...the lean doesn't bother me at all. However, I am thinking about a custom base for her, tho. If and when I do move forward with the custom base, then I'll make sure she's not leaning.

Always happy to share my thoughts and pics. No problem at all.

Just got mine!!! Same minor leaning issue. The color doesn't look that bad in person. I too like the exclusive head more after I see it in person. I really wish SS use the original color but I think it more than acceptable as it is now.
64b1a29a7ed56c3065754d4473056622.jpg
bdd812cb9cfc87dcb7d86462b7b33e2e.jpg
69b94bccfe63d8322fca85337179be11.jpg
8bdb417dbe33079ed4a926e353e1a6b0.jpg
4ccbe654a1ab19f494d20e46b3149cc1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My base showed up with a broken piece.
Looks like the Styrofoam package wasn't taped up all that tight.
Anyone else have this crack in the upper leg, hmmmm..."region"?

IMG_3135.JPGIMG_3136.JPG

Back