Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I contacted Sideshow in regards to the difference in the prototype vs. the production and here is the response:

Me:
This is in regards to order XXXXXXX Dark Phoenix EX. I just was checking to see the ship date and saw that you posted the "Production Photos" of the actual product and the final piece is VERY different from the statue I saw at SDCC. It looks like the final production piece does not have any shading on her body or face. The prototype I saw when I ordered (and at SDCC) had lots of shading to highlight detail. Can you find out if the piece that will be shipping has shading in the red?

Response:
Yes I can! Let me go ahead and grab her, one moment please... I am looking at the one in our office, which we get both the prototype and final piece, and it does look like the final pictures on the site have less of shading on her outfit, but it could also be the lighting in the photograph room. Each statue is hand painted so the one in the final pictures could have a little less shading. The one I have in front of me is a tad darker than the site, but again it can be the lighting. Her face looks phenomenal and her contour and highlight is great!

I link a picture from SDCC

Response:
Okay yes, in that picture she has A LOT of shading especially around the abs area and shoulders. The final piece does not have that much, but it does have shading. For her face, it does still look the same, maybe a little bit more shading on the nose so it doesn't look so wide, but overall the same. Her cheeks went from red to a peachy color, but yes there is shade on her face and body still.

Overall, the customer service was very friendly and went out of the way to get the actual statue to try and answer my questions. I am going to wait until I have her in hand before making any final judgments.

Very cool of them to answer those questions. Hopefully it all works out.

Here are some pics I took that you can show customer service. The prototype was amazing and I was instantly drawn to it. So far, Sonja and Captain Marvel turned out great. Finger crossed this one will be equally great.

IMG_5129.JPG

IMG_5128.JPG

IMG_5130.JPG

I still love this piece despite the slight differences. Will know more for sure when when we get it in hand.

The base is really a nice part of this. The phoenix in it is subtle, but makes you look twice.

Actually ...the tiny phoenix bird on the base is the weak point ...for me, anyway. If they were going to add a phoenix bird effect, then they should have gone bigger. Its so small as is that I feel they should have just left it out.

Actually ...the tiny phoenix bird on the base is the weak point ...for me, anyway. If they were going to add a phoenix bird effect, then they should have gone bigger. Its so small as is that I feel they should have just left it out.

I feel the same way because they chose to do the dark phoenix. Had it been jean grey or green than that's cool but if its Dark go big, have some fun, take a risk. I think a large Phoenix would have received a really positive reception

I feel the same way because they chose to do the dark phoenix. Had it been jean grey or green than that's cool but if its Dark go big, have some fun, take a risk. I think a large Phoenix would have received a really positive reception

I think so too. A bigger Phoenix bird would've made it more expensive ...but with how the statue looks like currently ...I think collectors would've been willing to pay it.

That remains to be seen ...I think. In hand results will speak to that. And I think DP will be just as good as Captain Marvel.

No no no ...DP stands for Dark Phoenix. HaHa ...knew I should've spelled her name out. Just got too lazy typing.

Ewww, how dare you compare a zombie-like, anti-hero to a pretty woman?!! Unless, DP isn't Deadpool, shocker.

No no no ...DP stands for Dark Phoenix. HaHa ...knew I should've spelled her name out. Just got too lazy typing.

this sounds way to much like CBG's rantings Mr.Green??? and yes you had a 50/50 chance that he would pic the right one, but hey know one read the Thread Info anymore :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

still keeping. Sculpt is great... if paint really bothers me, John will help out

Back