Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Marvel nixed the idea because out of the 3, Dark Phoenix looks the most "balanced". The symmetry on DP is unparalleled. I do like the stoic look, and I'm glad they didn't go for a Karate Kid or KISS pose as suggested by some

Pic courtesy of Nexus

-----

The hair on DP balances the left and right asymmetries better than the other Jean options. The pose looks the best with the Dark Phoenix head sculpt, doesn't really work with the Jean Phoenix poses. Not to say a green variant wouldn't be a good idea, the hands look un-natural or off center with the Jean head... I guess because my eyes are drawn to the flow of her hair, since DP is more balanced.

EX is great, just not a necessity. I hope they do a Phoenix variant... if they did we would probably get less for about the same or more. IE-White Storm variant (only one head sculpt)

there is so much i absolutely love about this!!!

Cool. I have 145USD in reward points. Just waiting 10 days more until I have limit on my credit card again. She will cost me 355USD. Quite fair. Not sure I would pay 500 bucks for her.

Nice one. $500 is a bit too much for me, glad I was able to use some points to actually make her affordable

Does this have a better head sculpt and detail over the XM Phoenix?

As far as the proto goes, I think the head sculpts are better than the XM Phoenix. I really love my XM Phoenix but the heads on these are gorgeous and seemingly flawless. What remains to be seen is how the production pieces end up. SSC has been kicking out rather solid pieces as of late so I expect this one to follow suit but it will still be tough to surpass the sheer quality of the XM piece. As long as it comes close to proto, it will be a winner and will look great next to my green XM Phoenix:lol

As far as the proto goes, I think the head sculpts are better than the XM Phoenix. I really love my XM Phoenix but the heads on these are gorgeous and seemingly flawless. What remains to be seen is how the production pieces end up. SSC has been kicking out rather solid pieces as of late so I expect this one to follow suit but it will still be tough to surpass the sheer quality of the XM piece. As long as it comes close to proto, it will be a winner and will look great next to my green XM Phoenix:lol

Thank you for the helpful input. One could easily compare both through pictures but you being able to see the XM head sculpt in person is another matter. Trying to decide which to get or both.

Thank you for the helpful input. One could easily compare both through pictures but you being able to see the XM head sculpt in person is another matter. Trying to decide which to get or both.

Get both. In my opinion, as an overall presentation, XM wipes the floor with Dark Phoenix. Not to say DP doesnt have the better headsculpts. But if youre a big fan of the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix character, then it would be ideal to have both. And whats great about it, is that they both have two different poses. One looking beautiful and majestic displaying the awesome power of the Phoenix Force, and the other looking beautifully dark, and evil.

I tried several times to apply my rewards balance onto the purchase of this, in conjunction with flexpay options. It kept giving me an error that the minimal flex pay allowed is $30.

OK, well I changed the intervals and it still gave me the same option even though I left $90 remaining balance allocated over 3 flexpays, the rest paid in points.

After fooling around with the site I ignored the flexpay option and attempted to apply rewards discount onto balance. Everything should've gone smoothly and at checkout it once again did not apply the points.

Their website is so frustrating at times.

Alas my points balance never felt so good, now I gotta hope they make a Magneto or Jim Lee Storm so that I can use it on something more meaningful

Back