Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for asking Josh

I have been in Mother Russia, Siberia, Comrade ;) No needed to take care of some personal stuff (Taking care of the Home Fires) and it also gave me the opportunity to re-valuate my collecting and to acquire pieces that are would Highlight my Collection, Because you know my Friend it's always you that has to be Happy with a Piece.

Be Cool my Friend
Al

I own both and although not displayed next to each other, did not notice a significant size difference. It might have more to do with the pose.

Thanks for the confirmation. That's what I figured.

Sorry guys but I literally have Thanos next to Apoc and Thanos is smaller. Don't get me wrong, they are roughly the same height but Apoc's base is only about 2 inches high while Thanos' base is 4 inches high where his back foot rests. Apoc's arms alone are about double the size of Thanos'. Trust me Apoc is a straight BEAST. Again, because of his ability to manipulate his size, I'm okay with the difference. If Darkseid comes close to Thanos in scale, I'll be a happy camper. Too often peeps don't take into account the bases when judging scale. Apoc is on a razor thin base while Thanos is on a large rock staircase. However, when you compare the size of the actual figures, Apoc's girth smokes Thanos. I believe Darkseid's base is also rather thin so it'll be crucial to make sure you compare figures and not just height when trying to assess Darkseid's scale.

Still prefer this pic

Ultimate Dark Phoenix

dark_phoenix.jpg

I agree 100%. This IS Dark Phoenix. Intimidating, aggressive, and passionate. Full of uncontrolled emotions. This PF should have been the green Phoenix. It would have been more appropriate. You have a great portrait of her powering up and a wonderful portrait of Jean's normal face. Either portrait works perfectly with this pose for the green costume. Dark Phoenix should have been an aggressive pose with a wicked sneer or smile on her face. DP took wicked pleasure in her destruction and base impulses. I just don't see that in this PF even though it is a wonderful sculpt. I wonder if this was always intended to be a green PF but Marvel said no green Phoenix (because XM released one), and so they just repainted it to the Dark Phoenix colors.

I think Marvel nixed the idea because out of the 3, Dark Phoenix looks the most "balanced". The symmetry on DP is unparalleled. I do like the stoic look, and I'm glad they didn't go for a Karate Kid or KISS pose as suggested by some

Pic courtesy of Nexus

-----

The hair on DP balances the left and right asymmetries better than the other Jean options. The pose looks the best with the Dark Phoenix head sculpt, doesn't really work with the Jean Phoenix poses. Not to say a green variant wouldn't be a good idea, the hands look un-natural or off center with the Jean head... I guess because my eyes are drawn to the flow of her hair, since DP is more balanced.

EX is great, just not a necessity. I hope they do a Phoenix variant... if they did we would probably get less for about the same or more. IE-White Storm variant (only one head sculpt)

Now they both look floating, and in their own elements

what I wish happend

Last edited:
The sash looks sculpted in the SS photos, do you guys think it will actually be sculpted or will it be mixed media? Think it could potentially be highly prone to breakage if sculpted, or no?

DP looks super good. I would paint the base black, think it will look better.

Yeah I hope Nightcrawler is next, Cockrum had a pretty sweet sense of humor.

Some of this stuff is GOLD!

Sorry guys but I literally have Thanos next to Apoc and Thanos is smaller. Don't get me wrong, they are roughly the same height but Apoc's base is only about 2 inches high while Thanos' base is 4 inches high where his back foot rests. Apoc's arms alone are about double the size of Thanos'. Trust me Apoc is a straight BEAST. Again, because of his ability to manipulate his size, I'm okay with the difference. If Darkseid comes close to Thanos in scale, I'll be a happy camper. Too often peeps don't take into account the bases when judging scale. Apoc is on a razor thin base while Thanos is on a large rock staircase. However, when you compare the size of the actual figures, Apoc's girth smokes Thanos. I believe Darkseid's base is also rather thin so it'll be crucial to make sure you compare figures and not just height when trying to assess Darkseid's scale.

Thanks for the clarification. I was only going by memory. There is no doubt Apoc is a beast!

This jean statue is beautiful. Is Sideshow the only company selling her? I'm in the UK, so was hoping to avoid import fees. Also, is the exclusive head the hair swept to the side (that's my preferred portrait)?

This jean statue is beautiful. Is Sideshow the only company selling her? I'm in the UK, so was hoping to avoid import fees. Also, is the exclusive head the hair swept to the side (that's my preferred portrait)?

Unfortunately for us in the UK we have to pay the large import fees if we want the exclusive

You should have some local collectible stores that will order the regular edition and have it available to you.

That's the regular portrait.

Can't seem to find any sellers in the UK, guess I'll have to keep searching. To me, this is the best Jean I've seen.

Just placed my order for my dark phoenix for $326 after adding my reward points!!! :yess:
Nice... Welcome to the club! I wish I had points to soften the blow. How many points is it per dollar anyway??

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Ehhhh.. 20:1 ratio? Booo-urns to that. Oh well better than nothing I guess but I expected better though, like say 10:1

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back