Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, not to me. Darkseid is still expensive because his size doesn't meet my expectations like how XM Thanos does. This Dark Phoenix statue meets my expectations and it's a must have for me, so I'm willing to pay the price. Now if the Darkseid PF met my expectations, then I would've paid the price as well.

I own the XM Thanos and he looks great but he's not as big as you seem to think. I have him next to my SSC Apocalypse PF and he's relatively small when compared to him. That's OK for me personally because Apoc has always been able to manipulate his size in the comics. I believe Darkseid will look very good and in scale next to my XM Thanos. That'll work perfectly for me. That all said, I do agree with you that at the time Darkseid went up for PO, he was definitely overpriced compared to other large PFs (like the rainbow Hulks for example).

Last edited:
I own the XM Thanos and he looks great but he's not as big as you seem to think. I have him next to my SSC Apocalypse PF and he's relatively small when compared to him. That's OK for me personally because Apoc has always been able to manipulate his size in the comics. I believe Darkseid will look very good and in scale next to my XM Thanos. That'll work perfectly for me. That all said, I do agree with you that at the time Darkseid went up for PO, he was definitely overpriced compared to other large PFs (like the rainbow Hulks for example).

I forgot who posted the pic, but it was a pic of XM Thanos next to a SSC Apoc PF ...and it showed Thanos to be about the same size as Apoc. I could be wrong as I don't have my XM Thanos yet, so I can't compare him to my Apoc. But the pic was pretty clear.

When you look at your Apoc and Thanos side be side, how much smaller is Thanos? Is it by a lot or a little?

But the better question tho, is how will the SSC Darkseid compare in size to Thanos and Apoc?

I own both and although not displayed next to each other, did not notice a significant size difference. It might have more to do with the pose.

I Like It, but i am not ready to pull the PO switch, again I may wait until she is actually produced to see how close they came to the portrait that they are showing, I may be a perfectionist but I do allow for some error, but it better be spot on to what sideshow is offering and demanding $499.99, because all of us seasoned Collectors know it can be Hit or Miss

Be Cool

Last edited:
I own both and although not displayed next to each other, did not notice a significant size difference. It might have more to do with the pose.

Thanks for the confirmation. That's what I figured.

I Like It, but i am not ready to pull the PO switch, again I may wait until she is actually produced to see how close they came to the portrait that they are showing, I may be a perfectionist but I do allow for some error, but it better be spot on to what sideshow is offering and demanding $499.99, because all of us seasoned Collectors know it can be Hit or Miss

Be Cool
I'm with you. They have been on a good role lately but they are pushing their capabilities on these harbottle pieces.

Damn it. I was supposed to be saving money but I could not pass this up so I went ahead and preordered it!

PO'ed the ex with high expectations for $500. At $500 it seems like it's almost time to bring production back to the USA.

Hmm... The commission head sculpt, hands made in USA are not that cheap. Full scale statue, can't imagine the price

Still prefer this pic

Ultimate Dark Phoenix

dark_phoenix.jpg

and although I don't really like the costume, this toy sculpt was amazing, and the deco paint on it was top notch. Only cost $20

MSPhx1.jpg

I didn't follow Ultimate XMEN but I assume, this was the variant from that series (Age of Apocalypse?)
tumblr_m11dihwBqo1qc7f4bo1_500.jpg

---

interesting

never seen this before

DC21267lg.jpg

looooooooooooooooooooooove the demonic paint job on the portrait here

9b58b19d82f8366d2b04dc3e31b8cdda.jpg

custom fodders dream piece

marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-of-two-worlds-phoenix-costume-1.jpg

video game designers have some nice character models for statues imo

I don't understand how to use Pininterest so forgive me.

Mental notes on what I hope for a continuing XMEN line. I'm not interested in the Guardians of the Galaxy PFs since SS has a tendency to leave these lines incomplete. I don't think they've ever completed a line of products other than the 4 TMNT but if Dark Phoenix and Wolverine sell in the bucket loads, then I hope the following see the light of day.

In descending order of importance for myself:

Iceman
Archangel
Storm
Beast
Nightcrawler
Cable
Professor X
Sinister
Kitty Pryde
Byrne Cyclops

Costume choices

EGM10756.jpg

EGM10738.jpg

EGM10739.jpg

EGM10723.jpg

EGM10721.jpg

EGM10720.jpg

I would take an obscure character like Deathbird over Gamora any day

I hope if there is a Beast PF that the pose is similar to this only head up

EGM10719.jpg

IRS10026.jpg

oh God yes

EGM10782.jpg

EGM10659.jpg

EGM10661.jpg

YAAAAAAAAASSSSSS

EGM10681.jpg

too many other characters to think about, as a result never ordering COTD or other lines on a whim

Drax has a pretty awesome modern suit
EGM10722.jpg

Back