Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the PVC elements for the DP will be the sash (which I like better on this statue) and some of the strands of hair. To do those in polystone would be difficult to shape and invite a lot of breakages in shipping. I think the WW PF had some pliable hair strands as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a fantastic statue. Although looking at the Jean Grey EX sculpt and the fact that you use that and color change it to either green or white I might hedge my bets and wait for a variant. I love the look in white but green would do as well. Either way it looks fantastic.

I don't mind the PVC if it's only the sash and a few hair strands. I can live with that.

As far as customizing this piece, I'd only go for a custom base with a bigger Phoenix Bird and getting rid of the silver bowl. A Byrne screaming head would just frosting on the cake, but not urgent.

I don't mind the PVC if it's only the sash and a few hair strands. I can live with that.

As far as customizing this piece, I'd only go for a custom base with a bigger Phoenix Bird and getting rid of the silver bowl. A Byrne screaming head would just frosting on the cake, but not urgent.

If someone announced plans for a cool custom base, I could see my decision to pass on this possibly change. I'm so wishy-washy.

No, no announcement, yet ...unfortunately. Hoping there will be. If not, then I'll have to take actions myself.

I like this a lot, but it's out of my price range.

Also, it reminds me too much of the Kotobukiya Bishoujo Dark Phoenix, which I already have. :p

Any HQ pics yet? I want the main image on the order page with the ex head in HQ.

I'm surprised there's no back shots either.

The ex head and the Wil H sculpt pushed this into the must have for me. It should look great next to XM's Phoenix.

Ya this was a no brainer for me. Lately I've liked sideshow's lady statues - not too expensive, and not too cheap looking so its not a bad medium for me.

Personally I needed to beef up my lady villain count - poison ivy is alone in left field in that one surrounded by batgirl, rogue, and "white" widow lol.

If this turns out to be a bust, then so be it. Its all a part of collecting!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

This statue is way overpriced. They could've at least given her a decent base. Now Darkseid is starting to look relatively inexpensive.

Nah, not to me. Darkseid is still expensive because his size doesn't meet my expectations like how XM Thanos does. This Dark Phoenix statue meets my expectations and it's a must have for me, so I'm willing to pay the price. Now if the Darkseid PF met my expectations, then I would've paid the price as well.

Nah, not to me. Darkseid is still expensive because his size doesn't meet my expectations like how XM Thanos does. This Dark Phoenix statue meets my expectations and it's a must have for me, so I'm willing to pay the price. Now if the Darkseid PF met my expectations, then I would've paid the price as well.

Totally agree, I feel Dark Phoenix's price is appropriate and I immediately placed my order. Granted, I had some points that I used up to soften the blow, but even if I didn't have any the outcome would not have been any different.

Love that prototype face, if the production face came out like that...than i would buy it for sure.

Totally agree, I feel Dark Phoenix's price is appropriate and I immediately placed my order. Granted, I had some points that I used up to soften the blow, but even if I didn't have any the outcome would not have been any different.

I used points to soften the blow, too. Just because I had them. But if I didn't have points, I would've still paid the price.

For what you're getting, I think Dark Phoenix is overpriced. But she looks sooo damn good! I threw some RP at her to make myself feel better about the price:lol Darkseid is still $100 more.

This statue is simply gorgeous, IMO.

I love both sculpts but I adore the Exclusive Jean Grey portrait. So calm and beautiful.

Hopefully she will stay available for awhile before the ex is waitlisted.

Now for the year long wait [emoji20]
d37f1eeca4c44f15532d01bed77a0db2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

For what you're getting, I think Dark Phoenix is overpriced. But she looks sooo damn good! I threw some RP at her to make myself feel better about the price:lol Darkseid is still $100 more.

A year from now, all current PO seem reasonable price :lol

Back